Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Abstract

macrumors Penryn
Dec 27, 2002
Location Location Location
If you're talking about my photo, thanks. If you're talking about either of the other two photos posted before mine, then....I agree with you. ;)

looks like a zune ad!

Is that what "The Social" looks like?

"The Social: Population 1,196"

Anyway, I was deciding on whether to post another penguin photo, but I think I will since they're cute, and everybody loves penguins. I'll post my other photo in the Assignment thread. ;)

Taken January 6th (same day as the previous one) using my Nikon D50.

Attachments

• Penguin 2.jpg
    Penguin 2.jpg
    137.6 KB · Views: 58

Yakamoto

macrumors 6502
Oct 14, 2006
Planet Earth
Strolling

I wanted to post another Penguin too, but I only had the one.
So I'll continue with my walk from yesterday. Again nothing special, just a nice and peacefull nature trail. Now I'll just wait for the Keynote to start.
01_06_2007-9.jpg

NIKON D40
Date/Time: 2007:01:06
Flash used: No
Focal length: 18.0mm
Exposure time: 0.077 s
Aperture: f/5.6
ISO equiv.: 200
Metering Mode: center weight
Exposure: aperture priority

Plymouthbreezer

macrumors 601
Feb 27, 2005
Massachusetts
On the way home today I drove by this classic New England looking field, cows and all...:

dsc1063ag0.jpg

Camera: Nikon D70s. ISO was at 1600 by mistake... I had been shooting at that ISO perviously and never lowered it. Wasn't a fan of the lighting - the yellow wash from the setting sun overshadowed the landscape. I might desaturate it a bit in Lightroom to give it a more natural look. [Replaced with retouched image]

Yakamoto

macrumors 6502
Oct 14, 2006
Planet Earth
NIght Shot

Tried my hand at some night photography, last night :rolleyes:
Wanted to see how the D40 would handle the white balance and also the noise from a high ISO. I know there are a few blown highlights mainly from flood lamps. Any C&C is always welcome.
night.jpg

Exposure time: 0.800 s
Aperture: f/13.0
ISO equiv.: 1600
Whitebalance: Manual
Light Source: Incandescent
Metering Mode: spot
Exposure: Manual
Exposure Mode: Auto bracketing (What's This??)

AvSRoCkCO1067

macrumors 65816
Sep 6, 2005
CO
:) More from me...

This is actually the best one I took... I LOVE IT!

Not a bad picture - could use a tad more contrast, a bit blurrier background (which you can get by changing the aperture/f-stop or focusing in a bit closer), and a bit more snow on the trees (which you obviously can't control :p )

What camera did you use?

AvSRoCkCO1067

macrumors 65816
Sep 6, 2005
CO
Wanted to see how the D40 would handle the white balance and also the noise from a high ISO. I know there are a few blown highlights mainly from flood lamps. Any C&C is always welcome.
BassPerformanceHall.jpg

Everything is crisp and exposed perfectly; while I like the effect of having no vehicles in the picture, it would've been cool to have one driving buy (with some slight motion blur).

Still, there's plenty to look at and enjoy - great picture

SkyBell

macrumors 604
Sep 7, 2006
Texas, unfortunately.
Not a bad picture - could use a tad more contrast, a bit blurrier background (which you can get by changing the aperture/f-stop or focusing in a bit closer), and a bit more snow on the trees (which you obviously can't control :p )

What camera did you use?

It's an Olympus Camedia with 3x zoom. It's only 3.2 megapixel's, but it does the job.

Unfortunatly, I can't afford Aperature, so iPhoto will have to do.:)

Abstract

macrumors Penryn
Dec 27, 2002
Location Location Location

Why do you want a blurrier background?

BassPerformanceHall.jpg

Wow, that's excellent for ISO 1600. I mean, it's very good. I like the photo itself as well. Lucky you got the street empty. :)

Yakamoto

macrumors 6502
Oct 14, 2006
Planet Earth
Thanks guys,
So far this camera hasn't disapointed me. I would have loved to get some light trails, but opted for a cleaner image insted. I still don't know why the exif says Exposure Mode: Auto bracketing I shot in manual mode and I don't think the D40 has auto bracketing. I don't even know what it's for eithier.

EstorilM

macrumors regular
Jan 7, 2007
This is my first post in here, just thought I'd say hi to everyone (recently converted from pc to a MBP C2D, not sure wtf I was thinking before that but hey, better late than never :p
0025AST.jpg

This was actually hand-held at probably ~20ft with a ~1/125ish shutter. I guess VR can be worth it sometimes. :D

Yakamoto

macrumors 6502
Oct 14, 2006
Planet Earth
It's an Olympus Camedia with 3x zoom. It's only 3.2 megapixel's, but it does the job.

Unfortunatly, I can't afford Aperature, so iPhoto will have to do.:)

I think the shot is very nice. What AvSRoCkCO1067 meant was to shoot at a higher f/stop; which in your case you can't control. So simply disregard that statement. In iPhoto, you could boost the saturation up (just a tad) and play with the levels (histogram) to tweak the whites and shadows.
Also, a larger image would be nice, so as to see better detail.
So far I liked this one the most too from your trip. :)

Yakamoto

macrumors 6502
Oct 14, 2006
Planet Earth
This is my first post in here, just thought I'd say hi to everyone (recently converted from pc to a MBP C2D, not sure wtf I was thinking before that but hey, better late than never :p
0025AST.jpg

This was actually hand-held at probably ~20ft with a ~1/125ish shutter. I guess VR can be worth it sometimes. :D

Cool shot:D
Welcome to the forums, and congrats on the recent switch.
What is that? A horse, a dog??

EstorilM

macrumors regular
Jan 7, 2007
It's a horse haha - did a basic mono channel mixer in PS around the eye, which was surprisingly blue (rare among horses in general, but especially when they have no white markings around the eye.)

edge540

macrumors regular
May 10, 2004
Indiana
Sunrise

A shot I took when in Kenya this winter break. Its amazing how colorful the sky was when it rose.

352867109_83177907ae.jpg

Taken with D80.

weazle1098

macrumors regular
More Aquarium!

I think this guy was pretty cool, its a Dragon Fish, weird guy, but neat looking, it has a bit of glare on it from the glass, but it was the best one of those fish.

Aperture: f/5
Shutter: 1/25
ISO 1600
Focal Length: 48mm

Attachments

• n9122706_32338862_3117.jpg
    n9122706_32338862_3117.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 46
Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.