Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Clix Pix

macrumors Core
How they Lived...

75919214-L.jpg

Great Smoky Mountains National Park, Cades Cove
June 12, 2006
Nikon D200
ISO: 640
f/7.1 @ 1/80 sec
Focal Length: 17mm
Lens: Nikkor 17-55mm

tonyeck

macrumors 6502
Sep 3, 2004
Las Vegas, NV
A Moment - Shenandoah National Park - 06/18/06

Canon Dgital Rebel XT
ISO: 400
f/8 @ 1/125 sec
Focal Length: 24mm
Lens: Tokina 12-24mm

moment.jpg

panoz7

macrumors 6502a
Nov 21, 2005
Raleigh, NC
62049592.fTVdfzR0.jpg

My driveway and car, Chapel Hill NC, 18JUN06

Camera: Canon EOS D30
ISO: 100
Focal Length: 30mm
Shutter/Aperture: 1/100 @ f3.5
Lens: Tamron 28-75 f2.8

... and just a little hue saturation layer in photoshop

tonyeck

macrumors 6502
Sep 3, 2004
Las Vegas, NV
panoz7 said:
My driveway and car, Chapel Hill NC, 18JUN06

ISO: 100
Focal Length: 30mm
Shutter/Aperture: 1/100 @ f3.5
Lens: Tamron 28-75 f2.8

... and just a little hue saturation layer in photoshop

You mean your driveway is not purple!?? :confused: :p

Abstract

macrumors Penryn
Dec 27, 2002
Location Location Location
tonyeck said:
A Moment - Shenandoah National Park - 06/18/06

Canon Dgital Rebel XT
f/8 @ 1/125 sec
Focal Length: 24mm
Lens: Tokina 12-24mm

moment.jpg

Wow, so good.

snap58 said:
Nice,

This would have made a great one in the Contrast Thread too.

I was under the impression that only one photo was allowed per day, so I stuck with that. After checking the rules just now, I now remember that this rule was changed. :p Besides, I thought I could just post the recent photo in here, or in the "Gallery," so no big deal.

panoz7

macrumors 6502a
Nov 21, 2005
Raleigh, NC
tonyeck said:
You mean your driveway is not purple!?? :confused: :p

Well actually... :) Your driveway isn't purple? How Strange! A few years ago I was wandering around behind the local rock supply place and found this giant pile of purple driveway stone. It cost about the same as regular stone, and was infinitely cooler, but we ended up just staying with the typical blue slate stuff. My neighbors seem to think that we are crazy enough as it is...

By the way, that's an awesome mustang picture you've got up there.

penter

macrumors 6502a
Jun 15, 2006
iGary said:
Thought it would be fun to share one of your best every day - doen't matter what it is, just as long as it is decent (no nudes or overly graphic shots). You can add a picture everyday as long as it is different.

It does not matter when the picture was taken, as long as you only post ONE SINGLE IMAGE per day. Make sure to post a date, location and description.

Please use this format when posting:

Blue Angels Flight Demonstration, U.S. Naval Academy/Severn River 5/24/06

And if you like, post your EXIF data, so others may learn if they want to - but please use the following format (optional). If you do not know what you have or only have a couple of bits, post those, but in the order listed below, leaving out the titles of what you do not have, please.

Camera: Canon EOS 20D
Focal Length: 220mm
Shutter/Aperture: 1/1000 @ f11
Lens: EF 100-400L f4.5-5.6 IS USM

blueangel1.jpg

looks like u used a high pass layer on top of another layer on photoshop, or overdid the smart sharpen. still looks good though

Chip NoVaMac

macrumors G3
Dec 25, 2003
Northern Virginia
Abstract said:
Wow, so good.

Right you are. Though the image appears darker than I would like on my screen, I am seeing the intent on this image - and chalk it off to maybe the Windows vs Mac gamma thing.

This shot just says "advertising" to me. And that is a good thing. Ford could use this image in their advertising.

tonyeck

macrumors 6502
Sep 3, 2004
Las Vegas, NV
Chip NoVaMac said:
Right you are. Though the image appears darker than I would like on my screen, I am seeing the intent on this image - and chalk it off to maybe the Windows vs Mac gamma thing.

This shot just says "advertising" to me. And that is a good thing. Ford could use this image in their advertising.

I appreciate that, thanks chip :)

The image is much lighter printer which is a good thing.

It does have that 'advertisment' look to it, and trust me, I'd be happy if Ford gave me a 06/07 Mustang and said "Hey shoot the car for our latest commercials." I'd say sure! :D

However, I like the approach they took with the Mustang shots in the 06 brochures and auto show imagery

Abstract

macrumors Penryn
Dec 27, 2002
Location Location Location
Chip NoVaMac said:

Well the photo appears light enough to me, and I'm going to chalk that up to the "My MacBook's screen is way too bright, and the colours come out oversaturated" excuse.

I'm gonna try SuperCal later. This screen is messed. It looks incredible and impresses everyone who has ever seen my MacBook, but things just come out too "everything" and unreal. Am I using an HP laptop? I liked how the colours on my 12" PB weren't too extreme, even if the screen was crap. The MB screen is good for watching movies with friends, though. I'm even using it at 50% brightness right now.

If I edit photos so that everything looks good on my screen, all my photos will look dull and undersaturated. That, and I'm still using Firefox, which I seem to have problems with in terms of colours. Or maybe Firefox is accurate, and Safari is the problem. Or it's my MacBook LCD. :rolleyes: :eek:

Chip NoVaMac

macrumors G3
Dec 25, 2003
Northern Virginia
Abstract said:
Well the photo appears light enough to me, and I'm going to chalk that up to the "My MacBook's screen is way too bright, and the colours come out oversaturated" excuse.

My two monitors (the iMac G5 and the spanned Dell are calibrated with the Monaco Optix XR kit.

In this case I wished I saw more detail in the shadows than what I saw on my screens. But as I said I chalked it up to gamma differences. Given the praise by others on the image - I see that the image was done well regardless of how it appeared on my screen.

So I hope you and Tony don't feel that I was beating up this great photo. It was meant as a passing comment.

Ryan1524

macrumors 68020
Apr 9, 2003
Canada GTA
Few days ago, in my room. Found this inside the plastic bag Sunglass Hut gave me. The thing is, I'm rpetty sure it got in there by itself, I'm just not quite sure how, I folded and crumpled the top of the bag. There was jut no way a spider this huge could've got in there without me knowing. If so, then it must've been in the bag since I got it from the store. Imagine putting on your shades and seeing this in front of your eye. **Shudder**

170233303_7df01212e9_o.jpg

Nikon D70s + 50mm f1.8
1/60
f/4
50 mm

NoNameBrand

macrumors 6502
Nov 17, 2005
Halifax, Canada
I'm only about halfway through the thread, but some wonderful photos so far. Here's one of mine (in the correct format!):

Some sort of flower (I'm a botanist, can you tell?), Public Gardens, Halifax, NS, Canada, May 14, 2006

DSC_2946_600x908.jpg

Camera: Nikon D50
ISO: 200
Focal Length: 145mm
Shutter/Aperture: 1/3200 @ f4.5
Lens: Nikkor 70-300G

tonyeck

macrumors 6502
Sep 3, 2004
Las Vegas, NV
NoNameBrand said:
I'm only about halfway through the thread, but some wonderful photos so far. Here's one of mine (in the correct format!):

Some sort of flower (I'm a botanist, can you tell?), Public Gardens, Halifax, NS, Canada, May 14, 2006

Camera: Nikon D50
Focal Length: 145mm
Shutter/Aperture: 1/3200 @ f4.5
Lens: Nikkor 70-300G

Beautiful :) Great DOF... Love the green back drop

panoz7

macrumors 6502a
Nov 21, 2005
Raleigh, NC
Here's one for today. I've been experimenting with really shallow DOF to try and create abstract images. I'm not quite to where I want to be yet but I kind of like how this one came out:

62117856.GnfZ86Zs.jpg

Plant in my living room, Chapel Hill NC, 19JUN06

Focal Length: 500mm
Shutter/Aperture: 1/4000 @ f1.8
Lens: EF 50 f1.8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.