Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

srf4real

macrumors 68040
Jul 25, 2006
paradise beach FL
Aw....isn't he cute! Actually, I think he may be some kind of Heron rather than an Egret? I'm still learning my birdies so I might be wrong.
You may be correct - a bird was a bird to me until I started photographing them. Here is a more revealing photo, I am so dissappointed since I thought I was capturing raw files with the lo quality small jpegs but I fudged a button somehow, and got nothing but camera processed compressed images.:eek:

L1 + ZD40-150mm 3.5/4.5

Attachments

• _1010618.jpg
    _1010618.jpg
    395.3 KB · Views: 94

Brendon Bauer

macrumors 6502
May 14, 2007
Good 'ol USofA
While on the Island of Capri in Italy, I shot a picture only to find out later it was the same place on the Olive Garden menu :p. The attached picture is of the OG website, but I've seen it on the actual menu's before too...

europe68098a83.JPG

europe680_2fa0b2.jpg

But a better picture is one looking down the cliff:
europe67830936.JPG

Taken with a little Canon PowerShot SD400 (Digital Elph)

Clix Pix

macrumors Core
You may be correct - a bird was a bird to me until I started photographing them. Here is a more revealing photo, I am so dissappointed since I thought I was capturing raw files with the lo quality small jpegs but I fudged a button somehow, and got nothing but camera processed compressed images.:eek:

L1 + ZD40-150mm 3.5/4.5

Yep, he's a Green Heron! :) Nice shot, even though you did get compressed images.....

Once again larger size so you can see everything going on. :)

What a wonderfully intriguing shot! It's fun looking at everyone and what they're doing -- really nicely captured!

freebooter

macrumors 65816
Feb 24, 2005
Daegu, South Korea
The Journey of a Thousand Miles...

....begins with one step.

1000-miles.jpg

Nikon D40
AF-S Nikkor 70-300mm VR
1/3@f/14 (oops)
iso 1600​

I went out around one am the other night to get a certain raspberry wine (the only local booze I like) when I had the whim to catch this. I rested the lens in the crotch of a handy ginko tree and snapped. The restaurant is one of several 24 hour places near my home that dishes up Korean fast food (relatively healthy stuff) for cabbies and others that need to eat late.

[ps: I sold my D80 today, getting ready for...he he he :cool: ]

Steamie

macrumors 6502
Dec 27, 2006
Scotland
Autumnal
Camera: Pentax K10D
Exposure: 0.011 sec (1/90)
Aperture: f/4
Focal Length: 70 mm
ISO Speed: 200

1591681752_61cb66a02b_b.jpg

This is what I actually went out to photograph the other day when I got waylaid by the biker chicks :)

Thanks Epicwelshman & Pilotkid

Martin C I bet Freebooter is buying the D300

Valdore Great shot, surreal looking sky but really nice.
Freebooter As always,I love your photo, especially the half invisible guy :cool:
M@lew Fantastic once again, so many interesting facets both in the composition and the actual image quality

srf4real

macrumors 68040
Jul 25, 2006
paradise beach FL
People tell me I'm too much in love with HDR tone mapping, but whatever. It's so much fun.
That image would work for me except for one thing - the variations in tone between the power lines upper right corner. I appreciate your work, variety is the spice of life!

And here is another wave.;)

P1170733.jpg

fz50​

freebooter

macrumors 65816
Feb 24, 2005
Daegu, South Korea
There have been so many great pictures in this thread lately.

What camera are you getting freebooter?

I don't know. If I could, I would buy a D300 tomorrow. I'm even considering a switch to Olympus; they have some truly sweet lenses (the 7-14, 12-60, 50-200 all make me drool, and weather-proof). And the E-3 looks like a winner to me. Trouble is I'd like some serious kit for my 'big' trip, not after.
In about 10 days I'll be in Hong Kong for a week, probably buying some camera gear. We shall see. Likely, I'll buy a lens or three and wait until the D300 is actually available (Feb.?). After that I'll be in Thailand for a month, Ankor Wat for a week, and then Laos for 3 weeks of jungle hiking, getting stoned, etc. I'll surely need some weather resistance.... :cool:

Martin C

macrumors 6502a
Nov 5, 2006
New York City
I don't know. If I could, I would buy a D300 tomorrow. I'm even considering a switch to Olympus; they have some truly sweet lenses (the 7-14, 12-60, 50-200 all make me drool, and weather-proof). And the E-3 looks like a winner to me. Trouble is I'd like some serious kit for my 'big' trip, not after.
In about 10 days I'll be in Hong Kong for a week, probably buying some camera gear. We shall see. Likely, I'll buy a lens or three and wait until the D300 is actually available (Feb.?). After that I'll be in Thailand for a month, Ankor Wat for a week, and then Laos for 3 weeks of jungle hiking, getting stoned, etc. I'll surely need some weather resistance.... :cool:
Cool. That sounds like an awesome trip. I wish I had time off from school to do something as elaborate as that.

srf4real

macrumors 68040
Jul 25, 2006
paradise beach FL
Stalking the backyard tonight looking for something interesting... found this guy. It was kind enough to stay put and allow me to test the limits of this new ZD kit lens I got online from f/3.5 all the way to f/8 at ISO 100, 200, 400, and 800, from the closest focal distance (5 feet) at full tele. What a patient bug!

moth.jpg

L1 + ZD 40-150mm 3.5/4.5
1/200 sec @ f/4.5, 150mm
ISO 250

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.