Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

srf4real

macrumors 68040
Jul 25, 2006
paradise beach FL
american symbol

This bald eagle is a resident at the zoo in Viera. He had been incapacitated and was taken in
as a rescue critter... I call it captive freedom.

baldeagle001.jpg

L1+ZD40-150mm
f/4.5, 1/125 sec, ISO250 @ 150mm

xcalibre

macrumors regular
May 18, 2007
Nikon a la table...

Playing around with a friend's 55-200mm (non-VR). I'm considering getting myself the 55-200mm VR...those of you that have it - how do you find it?
dsc0006yx2.jpg

Lord Blackadder

macrumors P6
May 7, 2004
Sod off
xcalibre: what do you mean how do you find it? I have the 55-200mm VR. What did you want to know about it?

"How do you find it" is an expression meaning "what do you think of it?" ;)

I watched a local rally yesterday and took my camera along - I don't own a telephoto so I relied on my trusty EF 50mm f1.8...this is a resized crop, but I didn't do anything else to it...

veedubsm.jpg

I love the HDR stuff I'm seeing, I just wish I had Photoshop...Graphic Converter won't open my RAW images.

Lord Blackadder

macrumors P6
May 7, 2004
Sod off
I just realized this week that you can open/convert raw images and do white balance and a few other adjustments using Preview.

I also noticed that a couple days ago when I first tried to open RAW images in Graphic Converter...A nice touch from Apple, though I wish I had the $$$ to get a "real" image manipulation program....

iBookG4user

macrumors 604
Jun 27, 2006
Seattle, WA
Thats amazing! Quick question, I'm pretty new to photography so this might be a funny question. What is HDR and how do you do it? Second, how do you get your signature in the picture like that?

HDR stands for High Dynamic Range and it is where you take one under exposed image and one over exposed image and combine them to make a correct exposure. You can find more information about it on Wikipedia.

Silverbird0000

macrumors 6502a
Sep 19, 2006
Fort Myers, FL
Just what you like/dislike about it, is the VR any good? would you recommend it?

Thanks!

I love the 55-200mm VR. I think the VR works great and the lens is very sharp at all focal lengths. For the price it is an amazing lens! The only thing I don't like about it is it has to be 3 feet away from the subject to focus. I would recommend it and I would buy it again!

valdore

macrumors 65816
Jan 9, 2007
Kansas City, Missouri. USA
Thanks for the comments on that last one I posted peeps.

This is the top of a church, taken this afternoon. I think the pigeons perched on top are funny.

IMG_1298+copy.jpg

Second, how do you get your signature in the picture like that?

I wrote my handwritten signature with a marker on piece of white typing paper. Then I scanned it, and used Photoshop; specifically, the Magic Wand Tool, to isolate the written text from the background - then it's just copy and paste. :)

xcalibre

macrumors regular
May 18, 2007
I love the 55-200mm VR. I think the VR works great and the lens is very sharp at all focal lengths. For the price it is an amazing lens! The only thing I don't like about it is it has to be 3 feet away from the subject to focus. I would recommend it and I would buy it again!
Thanks! I'll go and see if my local photo shop will give me a good deal :)

pdxflint

macrumors 68020
Aug 25, 2006
Oregon coast
before the storm...

The turbulent Pacific - Taft, Oregon.

DSC_2540.JPG

Model: NIKON D50
Exposure: 1/640 sec
Aperture: f/13.0
Focal Length: 155mm w/Nikkor 55-200 (non-VR)

weazle1098

macrumors regular
Down on the picket line.

So I went to Kenmore Square last night to shoot the event for kicks. I kinda stayed around other photographers in the hopes that the police wouldn't think I was there to actually start anything and hopfully not get tear gas or anything shot at me. But, I got up to a picket line of riot police, they were pretty subdued in this group, the fellow in charge was pretty pissed off at everyone and everything it seemed, and I took off after I photographed him pushing someone to the ground, he didn't seem to like that one too much…

But these fellows were pretty cool…
1799719794_ef9313823b_b.jpg

Kenmore Square, Boston
28OCT07

Padaung

macrumors 6502
Jan 22, 2007
UK
My first attempt at HDR

Taken today (29/10/07) in Epping Forest, UK

Not a patch on the Kansas cityscape with the car light trails by Valdore - cracking photo.

Nikon D200
ISO: 100
Lens: Sigma 18-50 f2.8

Attachments

• Epping_Forest.JPG
    Epping_Forest.JPG
    477.6 KB · Views: 139
Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.