Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Abstract

macrumors Penryn
Dec 27, 2002
Location Location Location
Here's a photo taken at Darling Harbour, Sydney, on Sunday Sept 3rd. It was taken using my little Canon point and shoot. :)

Attachments

• Darling Harbour.jpg
    Darling Harbour.jpg
    218.2 KB · Views: 117

Gwardys

macrumors member
Apr 6, 2006
That picture was taken in Orlando Florida, at the Epcot theme park. I believe it was in the Canadian area, next to a steak house.

I know the rules are one a day, but I took this one as well at the same spot.
scaled06363wm3.jpg

I would love to go back and retake some of the pictures I took before because I just set the camera in auto mode and walked around taking pictures. Both of them are overexposed, [along with problems in some of my other shots] and I know now, I could do better.

jared_kipe

macrumors 68030
Dec 8, 2003
Seattle
BigMäc said:
93213344-L.jpg

Camera: Canon EOS 30D
ISO: 100
Shutter/Aperture: 1/250 @ f8 + flash
Lens: EF 50 mm f1.8 II + 20 mm extension tube
We used to call those "Box Elder Bugs" and they are the scourge of NW Colorado. :eek:

ksz

macrumors 68000
Oct 28, 2003
USA
1995? Colorado Rockies

Camera: Minolta X-700
Lens: 28mm f/2.8, Circular Polarizer
Exposure: Unrecorded
ISO: 100

Shot on Kodak Ektachrome slide film.

orig.jpg

freebooter

macrumors 65816
Feb 24, 2005
Daegu, South Korea
My Neighborhood, Rainy

nightrainconveniencesmallcopy.jpg

Jisan-dong, Daegu, South Korea
July 18, 2006
Fuji F30
f2.8@1/45
iso 800
8-mm (widest)
about 20 pictures stitched with Auto Pano pro

I took these photos one night on the way home from work during the monsoon season. I was standing under the awning of the convenience store where I buy my milk, ice-cream, etc. A nice family runs the place. Across the street is the bakery that sells me my daily bread. A friendly couple runs that place. The blue sign, centre-right, is another convenience that I used to frequent until I got tired of the unfriendliness of the wife half of the couple that runs the place. Notice that there are no sidewalks--there's not enough land to put those on the side streets. You really have to keep your head up when walking or biking.

freebooter

macrumors 65816
Feb 24, 2005
Daegu, South Korea
Gwardys said:
That picture was taken in Orlando Florida, at the Epcot theme park. I believe it was in the Canadian area, next to a steak house.

A Canadian area at Epcot...? I imagine a large, clean but sparsely used, out of the way place where a beaver, a moose and a Mountie stand in the snow sipping maple syrup and discussing hockey. :D (ps: I'm Canadian)

Gwardys said:
I would love to go back and retake some of the pictures I took before because I just set the camera in auto mode and walked around taking pictures. Both of them are overexposed, [along with problems in some of my other shots] and I know now, I could do better.

Auto is fine, just use the exposure compensation settings.

greenmac

macrumors regular
Aug 11, 2006
Adelaide
Sorry, I just had to do it, post 1 pic of my dog!
25/08/06
Lens: 18-55mm F/3.5-5.6 G
Focal Length: 55mm
1/10 sec - F/5.6
ISO 800

Attachments

• DSC_04450001.JPG
    DSC_04450001.JPG
    111.4 KB · Views: 55

nathan.gartz

macrumors newbie
Sep 5, 2006
spitfirejd said:
I love this shot. Did you shoot this as B&W or did you post process this? Can you send me a higher resolution for my desktop?

Cheers.

I did some post processing because if I did a straight b&w, I wouldn't have been able to get the slight brown effect that I wanted.

spitfirejd - you don't have an email addy specified in your profile. Either send me a pm with your email addy or edit your profile so I can send you the hi-rez pics.

In my small hometown, we used to have a steamtrain that would run every third sunday of the month. It was really neat. A few years ago they shut it down and now the owner is fixing up the engines and cars. I heard he sold two engines that he fixed up for nearly a million a piece! I got a few other shots that day including this one:

132_3235_2.jpg

oblomow

macrumors 601
Apr 14, 2005
Netherlands
Hiking along a lake in scotland. Beautiful walk, but we were glad to have
a level path after the 4 miles along the lake.

25 feb. 2006
1/500, f11, 400 asa
Canon 350D, 17-40.

IMG_0482s.jpg

Gwardys

macrumors member
Apr 6, 2006
Place and date of photo?
Notice a pattern in other people's posts?
I would give the dates, and exif data from these pictures, but to be honest, I took these a while ago, and i'm not quite sure.

The picture of the food was taken in a small shop in New York City.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.