Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Lekro

macrumors 6502a
Mar 23, 2019
This popping noise is because of improper adhesive connection either under the battery, wireless charging module or lightning flex.

It could very well go away on its own with regular use.

Jutah

macrumors 6502a
Mar 30, 2012
This popping noise is because of improper adhesive connection either under the battery, wireless charging module or lightning flex.

It could very well go away on its own with regular use.

Not true. Once it's present, it'll be until you change unit.

Lekro

macrumors 6502a
Mar 23, 2019
What I mean is that when the phone heats up like during summer under the sun and you press that specific point the adhesive connection could become strong enough to hold it there.

I mean there is a chance.

Bruno12345

macrumors newbie
Apr 23, 2019
What I mean is that when the phone heats up like during summer under the sun and you press that specific point the adhesive connection could become strong enough to hold it there.

I mean there is a chance.
Idk if I should change it I don’t want it to get worse I want to go to apple and see if the demo devices do it
[doublepost=1556108189][/doublepost]
Idk if I should change it I don’t want it to get worse I want to go to apple and see if the demo devices do it
Because I read and a lot of people have it but some don’t but idk what to do
[doublepost=1556108270][/doublepost]
Mine did not have it either in the beginning ! It kinda comes and goes which is somehow weird !
How old was your iphone ? Before you gave it back to apple to change it for a new on with the retail box

Wide opeN

macrumors 68000
Aug 27, 2010
Georgia
I think this is just normal for the design of iPhone XS Max. Mostly every unit seems to display this behavior.

Anyone who says theirs doesn't I think is mostly in denial. Almost to the point, perhaps you should be worried if it doesn't make this sound!?

It is annoying, but at least it's "normal".

Aydy

macrumors 6502a
Nov 22, 2015
My silver Xs max had no sound at all resulting from pressure but my SG replacement pops around where the clock icon sits. If I 3D Touch on the clock I can recreate the popping sound. Kinda feels/sounds like there is some space in there between the back cover and components. Like the back cover hasn’t properly adhered and creating an air pocket allowing the back to flex slightly.

Last edited:
Reactions: Wide opeN

Tsepz

macrumors 601
Jan 24, 2013
Johannesburg, South Africa
I think this is just normal for the design of iPhone XS Max. Mostly every unit seems to display this behavior.

Anyone who says theirs doesn't I think is mostly in denial. Almost to the point, perhaps you should be worried if it doesn't make this sound!?

It is annoying, but at least it's "normal".

Yeah mine has it to just took off it’s case and tried and heard it, have to move around to recreate it though

Reactions: Wide opeN

Wide opeN

macrumors 68000
Aug 27, 2010
Georgia
Looking at videos theirs a void on the front side basically right above the Apple logo, if you super imposed the front and back.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.