Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jjk454ss

macrumors 601
Jul 10, 2008

I don't know how you get such beautiful shots of your dog, Hugo tends to act like an idiot whenever you try to take a pic:D. I wish he'd pose nicely like your dog

02439f1237f9cb21ec1967a8c206767d_zpsa44b34f3.jpg

Hughmac

macrumors 603
Feb 4, 2012
Kent, UK
This one, for nearly 14, is a marvel, still with only 2 buttons - Stop and GO.

The 'go' button means we're forever having to entertain him with games and of course his 3 walks a day.
He whines if he hasn't had enough exercise.

It's always in our mind with any older animal that he's living on borrowed time, but long may he continue to thrive like he is :)

Cheers :)

Hugh

Attachments

• Sam with Bone 2.JPG
    Sam with Bone 2.JPG
    3.1 MB · Views: 77

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Haswell
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.

Renzatic

Suspended
It all started earlier this summer. I'm out poking about behind what I affectionately call The Little House, when I hear this noise coming from behind the neighbor's barn.

*mew* *mew* *mew*

I have to go investigate, and I find what has to be the saddest little thing I've seen in my life. It's a little calico kitten in a small cardboard box, probably only about 3 weeks old at the very most. It's crying for its mom, which is nowhere to be found. Since my neighbors had moved out just a few days before, I assumed they took the mom cat with them, and left the baby to die. I didn't want the poor thing starving to death, so I take it back to the Little House, give it a bowl of milk, and go shopping online for rubber nipples and kitten formula.

Fortunately, the mother cat was still around. Not even a few hours later, I see her carrying the kitten off into the woods by the scruff of her neck. It was a huge relief, needless to say. The kitten would live, and I wouldn't have to directly deal with it.

...or so I thought. Apparently the mother cat decided the Little House was a nice place to shack up and raise a family. Not even a week goes by, and they're back.

Over the last few months, I've watched the kitten grow up. Though I haven't been able to get through to the mother cat, I've managed to tame the kitten. I call her Cap-Cat, and she now comes up to me just about every time I'm out for free pets and food. I've even caught her pawing at the glass door on the breezeway a few times.

But now I'm in terrible trouble. Apparently the mother cat didn't decide to call it a day with just one kitten. About a week ago, give or take, I'm once again poking around in the Little House when I see this...

...fuzzy thing...

...staring at me. An explosion of white hair. Perfectly round eyes. Goofiest looking animal I've ever seen. Looks like Cap-Cat, but FUR! Apparently Mom-Cat had another baby.

And then another. There are two in there. Which means I've now got 4 cats living in the Little House. I have no idea what to do, and I have a feeling this is only going to get exponentially worse. But for the time being, I figured I'd take a few pictures to show off here.

For reference, this is the Little House. I kinda like this picture, and I figured this would be as good a time as any to show it off.

And the Feral Kitties...

I've taken to calling this one Fuzznugget.
FeralKitty_1.jpg

Cap-Cat watching over her brothers and/or sisters.
FeralKitty_2.jpg

FeralKitty_3.jpg

FeralKitty_4.jpg

FeralKitty_5.jpg

Wish I could've taken better shots, but only Cap-Cat allows me near her. The rest bolt underneath the Little House as soon as I get near.

Oh god, I gotta get all these animals fixed.

Heavy Fluid

macrumors 6502
Jun 18, 2008
I have 3 of these little rugrats and they wear my ass out. :)

I can't imagine having three of them. Just one over here, and he sleeps a lot, and is really lazy which is alright with me. Makes watching a movie on the couch really nice because he is sleeping on me usually.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.