Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MPclk2006

macrumors 6502a
Sep 20, 2013
Texas
I have been wanting a new TV. The one I had (still have but in another room) was TCL LED 4k, but I have wanted to upgrade to OLED. I finally found one at a good deal and hey my wife asked me a few days ago what I wanted for my Bday, there you go new TV.

Attachments

• IMG_4799.jpeg
    IMG_4799.jpeg
    214.3 KB · Views: 60

Matz

macrumors 65816
Apr 25, 2015
Rural Southern Virginia
A set of AirPods Pro 2, to replace my first series APP. On sale at Costco for $200 including Applecare.

The main thing that interested me at the recent Apple event was the hearing protection feature in the APP2. Living on a farm, I use hearing protection quite often, mostly when running the tractor, lawn mower, or air compressor. Sometimes I forget to carry hp, but I nearly always have my APP with me.

I'm also at an age where the hearing aid function may come in handy at some point. Fortunately my hearing is still pretty good, thanks to using hearing protection on a regular basis.

erayser

macrumors 65816
Apr 9, 2011
San Diego
I just picked a Mac Mini M2 base model. I bought it mainly for my X32 Rack Digital mixer and S16 Stage box snake that just came in the mail last Tuesday.

x32macmini.jpg

I build my PC's, but I am planning on upgrading my current PC, so I decided not spend much right now, so I went with the Mac Mini for my X32 Rack. I work at SDSU... and saw the back to school Mac sales in my email... so I got it with my educator discount... plus it came with a $150 Apple gift card.

Happy with Mac Mini with magic trackpad to control my mixer:

x32playback.jpg

Since I'm upgrading my PC soon... I parted out my rig for kids gaming PC's. I'll use the Mac Mini temporarily with my PC monitor till I can build my new rig. I just rotate my second monitor from my rack to my desk, and I can have dual monitors.

macminidesk.jpg

MPclk2006

macrumors 6502a
Sep 20, 2013
Texas
I've always wanted to surprise my wife with a vehicle. Usually we go together any time we have purchased a vehicle but I wanted to just show up with one she loved. Picked her up a new 2024 Suburban to replace her 2016 Suburban. Needless to say she absolutely loves it.

View attachment 2382160
Thats so awesome you were able to do that for your wife. I was thinking about buying a new truck but the more I think about it, it would make more sense to upgrade the family vehicle so I may do the same and get the wife a new Tahoe. Congrats!

Reactions: AppleKarma

BotchQue

macrumors 6502a
Dec 22, 2019
I work at SDSU... and saw the back to school Mac sales in my email... so I got it with my educator discount... plus it came with a $150 Apple gift card.

Happy with Mac Mini with magic trackpad to control my mixer:

x32playback.jpg
Assuming you mean "San Diego State", but as an alumni, I have to ask, did you mean "South Dakota State"?

I haven't played live in clubs since 2010 or so, and it's cool to see the PA advancements with mixing/monitoring/etc (I did get the wonderful advantage of in-ear monitors for the last five years or so of my weekends, leaving the monitor wedges and amps at home).

erayser

macrumors 65816
Apr 9, 2011
San Diego
Assuming you mean "San Diego State", but as an alumni, I have to ask, did you mean "South Dakota State"?

I haven't played live in clubs since 2010 or so, and it's cool to see the PA advancements with mixing/monitoring/etc (I did get the wonderful advantage of in-ear monitors for the last five years or so of my weekends, leaving the monitor wedges and amps at home).
I always forget there are 2 universities that go by SDSU... San Diego State... and I did graduate from there... same as my wife, and my oldest is in his senior year at SDSU. Another benefit of working from home, I don't have to see him on campus... LOL... but he gets to park in staff parking... which can be a pain for students in the morning.

I wish we had IEM's ampless on stage from the beginning, I can't count how many times hearing ringing in my ears after playing a gig on the drive home.

Reactions: BotchQue

S.B.G

Original poster
Staff member
Sep 8, 2010
Detroit
I got the same combination!
I ended up canceling the order before it shipped. The Max's were a bit of an impulse buy at first. I canceled them because I realized I didn't need them. I have the Bose QC45's which I use for ANC when I want to wear headphones.

I did order and received the AirPods Pro 2 though, which I use when I am out and about and want some ANC.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.