Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

eXan

macrumors 601
Jan 10, 2005
Russia
JonHimself said:
This is my room from first year at university... kinda basic and not too fancy, but I like it.

If your side is the right one, do you have a PC there?!? :eek:

ekenny

macrumors regular
May 28, 2005
New York
Taken last weekend, Cragsmoor, NY:

Should have fixed exposure but didnt think of it at the time.

Attachments

• Sams Point.png
    Sams Point.png
    113.7 KB · Views: 92

cnealuk

macrumors newbie
Jul 20, 2006
Oslo Harbour Panorama

Taken in Dec 05
Stiched together in Photoshop

Attachments

• Olso Online - 01.jpg
    Olso Online - 01.jpg
    168.6 KB · Views: 109

cnealuk

macrumors newbie
Jul 20, 2006
Tower Bridge & London City Hall

I never did get round to fixing the lighting in this shot.

Attachments

• London Trip 04 - 01.jpg
    London Trip 04 - 01.jpg
    159.1 KB · Views: 116

cnealuk

macrumors newbie
Jul 20, 2006
Tower of London

Quite a few shots went into this one. All taken handheld with Sony P120

Attachments

• London Trip 04 - 07.jpg
    London Trip 04 - 07.jpg
    149.4 KB · Views: 111

kylos

macrumors 6502a
Nov 8, 2002
MI
This is a photo of the Manicouagan River just before it feeds into the St. Lawrence River near Baie Comeau, Quebec. It's probably not that remarkable of a view, but I think the mist really brings a whole new aspect to the scene.
Shot with a Canon S3 IS.

Cooknn

macrumors 68020
Aug 23, 2003
Fort Myers, FL
iGary said:
And thanks to Cooknn - he got me in this mess. :p
You'll thank me when you start to land jobs like these :D VRX Studio's cruise tour presentation is 4-star but the actual 360's blow, IMHO. You could grab some of that cruise business and blow those guys away with the quality of your pano's.

iGary

May 26, 2004
Randy's House
Cooknn said:
You'll thank me when you start to land jobs like these :D VRX Studio's cruise tour presentation is 4-star but the actual 360's blow, IMHO. You could grab some of that cruise business and blow those guys away with the quality of your pano's.

Holy ****. Those are crisp and clear but the user experienc blows. :eek:

Java = suxxorz.

BTW - I'm a happy masker now - thanks for the help. ;)

serpent

macrumors member
Jul 29, 2006
thx iGary I was all set to buy a 10.5 now gotta save up for a pano head too! :D

Serpent

Fearless Leader

macrumors 68020
Mar 21, 2006
Hoosiertown
anything like the 360 that doesn't cost a grand. I feel it pointless to spend that much for a hobby, and more than my nikon d50.

edit: way off topic but igary what is that repuation thing under your avatar. Its part of your avatar isnt it.

misam

macrumors newbie
Jan 10, 2006
Near Seattle
These are just cropped single pictures, not several stitched together. Does that count?

Attachments

• pano9.JPG
    pano9.JPG
    54.8 KB · Views: 76
  • pano12.JPG
    pano12.JPG
    70.6 KB · Views: 113
  • pano2.JPG
    pano2.JPG
    54.9 KB · Views: 87

iGary

May 26, 2004
Randy's House
serpent said:
thx iGary I was all set to buy a 10.5 now gotta save up for a pano head too! :D

Serpent

You can use other heads...

The joy of the 360 Precision is once you have a calibrated template for your setup, you can duplicate it in the field thousands of times without having to re adjust anything. That's why it costs so much.

You can buy other heads, but they will take longer to set up and more work to stitch.

I take pictures, flop them into PTBatch, drink a glass of wine, and panos spit out one after the other. Not a hobbyist's pano head really - you have to pay for it by doing virtual tours, restaurants etc.

sunfast

macrumors 68020
Oct 14, 2005
These two are pretty poor in comparison to the excellent efforts earlier in the thread. I stitched them together with one of those free panorama makers but I was amazed how good a job it did with no input from me.

They are from Brussels and Gent on my recent trip to Belgium

Attachments

• Brussels2.jpg
    Brussels2.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 92
  • Gent1.jpg
    Gent1.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 86
L

Lau

The QTVR looks fab, Gary. ;)

This was a bit of an experiment using a Holga medium format camera, and just winding the film slowly through the camera and taking a shot every few clicks out of the train window as it came into Bristol Temple Meads station. I'd like to do some more with this technique — it's a bit like seeing a passage of time but in a static way.

bristoltemplemeads.jpg
Click for larger.

iGary

May 26, 2004
Randy's House
Lau said:
The QTVR looks fab, Gary. ;)

This was a bit of an experiment using a Holga medium format camera, and just winding the film slowly through the camera and taking a shot every few clicks out of the train window as it came into Bristol Temple Meads station. I'd like to do some more with this technique — it's a bit like seeing a passage of time but in a static way.

View attachment 59377
Click for larger.

Thanks.

I actually should have done a sudo-HDR action that Cooknn taught me - the sky wouldn't be so blown out. Oh well - lesson learned.

I like yours, too - kind of electric feeling.

Rickay726

macrumors 6502
Dec 29, 2005
New Jersey
Cooknn said:
I posted this in the thread Over Achiever mentioned, but since we're revisiting the topic I'll throw it out again :)

I've been thinking... You know how iStockphoto taps the masses for stock photography? I wonder if we could pull together some enterprising individuals here and start a site dedicated to pano's. Probably too much of a niche I guess :cool: Thoughts?

Anyways, click the Pano below to view the QTVR.

that picture is really nice. good job

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.