Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

wheezy

macrumors 65816
Apr 7, 2005
Alpine, UT
Jefferson Memorial

I'm back from DC, it was too fast of a trip! I didn't have internet while I was out there, so I've been gone a few days. Here's one of my favorites, so far. Jefferson Memorial from across the Potomac at the FDR Memorial. No photoshopping, natural Tungsten WB and tilt/shift blur.

jefferson_memorial_one.jpg

Canon EOS 20D :: 24 mm :: f 7.1 :: 3.2 sec :: iso 100

Incidentally, this also utilizes the shift. I was a dumb-donkey and forgot my tripod, so I sturdied my camera on a granite block about 18" tall. However, when you do that you generally get the ground taking up half the frame. So, I shifted the lens up and removed the ground.

Going around the monuments made me learn how to use that shift feature, and it's magic. Plain and simple magic. It's almost like climbing a ladder to gain elevation for the shot.

I have a LOT more photos to go through, had a great time at Arlington this morning and the Changing of the Guard and the Tomb of the Unkown Soldier. Sadly, I'm just on a Macbook and I'm really missing my 20" Dells at home. I'll keep them coming!

windowpain

macrumors 6502a
Apr 19, 2008
Japan
Just had a quick attempt with tiltshiftmaker. A lot of fun!

Attachments

• IMG_2139-tiltshift-3.jpg
    IMG_2139-tiltshift-3.jpg
    259.7 KB · Views: 118
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.