Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

hgwrts

macrumors newbie
Oct 4, 2022
I have the same problem as I did with the 12 Pro Max. Totally annoying. I have already reported it to Apple but don't think the issue has been taken seriously. I think the more people report it, the sooner there's a solution, right?

What I've also observed: The stuttering occurs mainly when many apps are running in the background. Once all of them have been properly closed, the stuttering no longer occurs. But someday it will be back...

jonnyb098

macrumors 601
Nov 16, 2010
Michigan
I have the same problem as I did with the 12 Pro Max. Totally annoying. I have already reported it to Apple but don't think the issue has been taken seriously. I think the more people report it, the sooner there's a solution, right?

What I've also observed: The stuttering occurs mainly when many apps are running in the background. Once all of them have been properly closed, the stuttering no longer occurs. But someday it will be back...
But I thought Craig said iOS manages resources so well there’s no need to close apps….hahahahahha. Imagine bragging about how fast you phone chips are and simple swipe gestures lag. This is the new apple.

Reactions: kevinswiss

papbot

macrumors 68020
May 19, 2015
But I thought Craig said iOS manages resources so well there’s no need to close apps….hahahahahha. Imagine bragging about how fast you phone chips are and simple swipe gestures lag. This is the new apple.
I’ve probably force quit one app, now two because I wanted to see what this post was about, since I got my 14PM in September because of a glitch in that app. No issue then and no issue when I did it just now. Only misbehaving apps should be force quit, likely the only way to fix them short of a restart, it’s ok to play around if you have nothing else to do with your time but I’m retired and I have too much I want to do besides unnecessary futzing with apps.

kevinswiss

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 29, 2022
Perhaps I found a solution to this problem.

Actually, I found that changing the iPhone system language (ios 16.0.2) can help, I've been using it for one day and haven't met lagging problem again.

No, it's not a real solution, it works only for 1-2 days...

TimFL1

macrumors 68000
Jul 6, 2017
Germany
One thing I noticed is that the issue is even worse when you‘re on slow networks. I was on a crappy hotel wifi a week ago and the hiccups were way more frequent and nasty there compared to back at home with proper wifi / mobile data.

ggab

macrumors regular
Jun 30, 2010
Everyone on the beta needs to provide feedback in the Feedback app. My report says no recent similar reports.

Rodrigovmed

macrumors regular
Oct 9, 2022
I am really disappointed at Apple. The three iPhones 14 Pro max that I and my family have has got this same issue. It’s a generalized issue. And nothing has been said by Apple. iPhone 14 pro max doesn’t bring any big changes compared to 13PM. So we expect at least a better overall performance but it’s all defective and buggy alongside with iOS16. I am feeling like an idiot. This completely turned me off about Apple and I hope that I’ll stop being an imbecile.

Macrumors should at least post it as highlight.

Rodrigovmed

macrumors regular
Oct 9, 2022
Ps: the iPhones were bought on different countries and continents. It’s a generalized issue!

I7guy

macrumors Nehalem
Nov 30, 2013
Gotta be in it to win it
I am really disappointed at Apple. The three iPhones 14 Pro max that I and my family have has got this same issue.
My iPhone PM does not smooth as silk.
It’s a generalized issue. And nothing has been said by Apple.
My advice then, is to not be so bothered by a software glitch and enjoy the phone.
iPhone 14 pro max doesn’t bring any big changes compared to 13PM.
There’s a bunch of big improvements obbjectively. You may not care about them and that is fine.
So we expect at least a better overall performance but it’s all defective and buggy alongside with iOS16.
No it’s not.
I am feeling like an idiot.
Why?
This completely turned me off about Apple and I hope that I’ll stop being an imbecile.
So return these phones. You had 14 days unless you didn’t notice “all of these issues” until the 15th day?
Macrumors should at least post it as highlight.
Post what. They have been reporting that people have experienced bugs. Posting “it just works” doesn’t generate traffic.

Reactions: dotatoc

Rodrigovmed

macrumors regular
Oct 9, 2022
My iPhone PM does not smooth as silk.

My advice then, is to not be so bothered by a software glitch and enjoy the phone.

There’s a bunch of big improvements obbjectively. You may not care about them and that is fine.

No it’s not.

Why?

So return these phones. You had 14 days unless you didn’t notice “all of these issues” until the 15th day?

Post what. They have been reporting that people have experienced bugs. Posting “it just works” doesn’t generate traffic.
Unfortunately I don’t live in any of these countries. There’s no way of returning it. It’s a software issue and Apple should acknowledge it and do something about it. They should have foreseen it.

No media except users are talking about a generalized bug that interferes significantly with the UI experiencie. Many specific bugs have been reported like copy and paste, CarPlay sound, etc but not this one. After seeing this with 3 devices, I’m really losing my temper.

I7guy

macrumors Nehalem
Nov 30, 2013
Gotta be in it to win it
Unfortunately I don’t live in any of these countries. There’s no way of returning it. It’s a software issue and Apple should acknowledge it and do something about it. They should have foreseen it.

No media except users are talking about a generalized bug that interferes significantly with the UI experiencie. Many specific bugs have been reported like copy and paste, CarPlay sound, etc but not this one. After seeing this with 3 devices, I’m really losing my temper.
For me, UI glitches are at the bottom of the list. I would be more concerned about bugs where I the phone user would lose information. I understand you’re not happy with this glitch. It will be remediated at some point.

As far as CarPlay, for me operates normally. Just used it an hour ago.

My suggestion is to not get worked up over it. At some point this will be resolved.

Reactions: yudilks

jav6454

macrumors Core
Nov 14, 2007
1 Geostationary Tower Plaza
For me, UI glitches are at the bottom of the list. I would be more concerned about bugs where I the phone user would lose information. I understand you’re not happy with this glitch. It will be remediated at some point.

As far as CarPlay, for me operates normally. Just used it an hour ago.

My suggestion is to not get worked up over it. At some point this will be resolved.
Agreed. For me, any data deleting bug should be prioritized over silly GUI hiccups. I can work around GUI bugs, but loosing something? Nope, big nope.

Reactions: I7guy

ghostface147

macrumors 601
May 28, 2008
13 PM 16.1 latest beta, no issue with the lag. However I have seen that happen on past models I've had. They eventually went away.

Rodrigovmed

macrumors regular
Oct 9, 2022
Agreed. For me, any data deleting bug should be prioritized over silly GUI hiccups. I can work around GUI bugs, but loosing something? Nope, big nope.
Losing data is inadmissible, unallowable, unforgivable and could end up in court! I had a perfect 13PM with IOS 16 and then apple comes with all its advertising and deliveries malfunctioning devices. This is a U$1.300 phone!

pmac99

macrumors member
Jan 18, 2020
Toronto, ON, CA
I have this issue on my 14 Pro as well, running the latest iOS 16.0.2. I'm experiencing this stutter randomly when swiping up, either to exit from the app or to go to the app switcher

Reactions: yudilks
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.