Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Rodrigovmed

macrumors regular
Oct 9, 2022
I’m with 16.1 DB6. If I don’t update, do I miss the possible fix or it comes along with the public 16.1? I havent seen the bug since morning. Very strange.

Rodrigovmed

macrumors regular
Oct 9, 2022
If I don’t update with iOS 16.0.3 and wait for iOS 16.1, do you know if I lose the bugs fixes? Or does the latest version have all the fixes and benefits from the previous ones?

Android doesn’t allow us to skip updates so I assume iOS must work differently and it most incorporate all the fixes from previous versions.

Am I right?

turbochgd

macrumors regular
Sep 9, 2022
If I don’t update with iOS 16.0.3 and wait for iOS 16.1, do you know if I lose the bugs fixes? Or does the latest version have all the fixes and benefits from the previous ones?

Android doesn’t allow us to skip updates so I assume iOS must work differently and it most incorporate all the fixes from previous versions.

Am I right?

Yes, future releases will contain all the fixes previously plus the new ones in that release.

Reactions: Rodrigovmed

turbochgd

macrumors regular
Sep 9, 2022
Just thinking out loud but this annoyance which is not limited to any one iPhone release sounds like it could a memory issue to me. I had not experienced it on any of my previous iPhones but did notice it yesterday once or twice on my 14 Pro Max. I went into settings and stopped background activity on a number of apps that I didn’t want to be running in the background. Also restarted the phone. Then today I moved to 16.0.3.

So far it’s been working fine but I’ll keep an eye on it and report back.

Reactions: kevinswiss

aperfectcircle

macrumors member
Dec 9, 2020
Anyone try 16.1 beta 5? I'm assuming it's not fixed there either.
So far, so good. Smooth as butter! Haven’t had a single stutter in several hours. Have tried to force it - swiping up mid page load in safari or refresh in Instagram (which would always stutter previously) - and still buttery.

Reactions: turbochgd

ggab

macrumors regular
Jun 30, 2010
Happened once to me on beta 5 so far. We’ll know more tomorrow. It usually behaves for a day after an upgrade.

Rodrigovmed

macrumors regular
Oct 9, 2022
I’m curious if this bug is affecting more 128 and 256Gb iPhones Pro than the 512 and 1Tb ones. There must be a pattern like a backup from iCloud stuff on a 256Gb 14PM.

SumYoungGai

macrumors 65816
Jun 11, 2013
SF Bay Area, CA
1 TB PM here

Experiencing the lag on beta 5 now and it kind of reminds me of the 7 Plus lag when going home (animation seemed to stutter when it was waiting to see if the user would press the home button once or twice). That was fixed with iOS 10.3 in February

Rodrigovmed

macrumors regular
Oct 9, 2022
Why isn’t there any noise in the media about it yet? Can we do something? I have 3 iPhones 14 Pro Max with this issue. My old 13PM didn’t have it and I had the iOS 16.0.2 installed and later the beta2.

Some people seem not to care about this or say their iPhone is flawless and it runs like butter.

Macrumors can help us! Some YouTuber also can do it. I’ve already sent emails to Apple and reported the bug in several foruns and in the beta program. I don’t have access to famous YouTubers or people inside 9to5mac or macrumors. Can anyone do something about it?

papbot

macrumors 68020
May 19, 2015
Just because some people have an issue doesn’t mean it’s widespread. This particular stuttering I have not seen on my 14 PM. Other things that I have experienced in the past consistently got no responses when I posted about them on a number of forums even though Googling brought up references to them. One day a new software release fixed them. Luck of the draw. Fortunately no lags and no stuttering on my 14. Still not happy with Notification Center though.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.