Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

papbot

macrumors 68020
May 19, 2015
Nope, no lag all day today either...
I haven’t had any period on my 14 PM and I can only assume many others have not either, and many who were having such an issue no longer are, so to assert that it will be back seems like someone just hoping that it will.

Reactions: Böhme417

Rodrigovmed

macrumors regular
Oct 9, 2022
Nope, no lag all day today either...
I haven’t had any period on my 14 PM and I can only assume many others have not either, and many who were having such an issue no longer are, so to assert that it will be back seems like someone just hoping that it will.
I’m definitely not hoping for it. But the issue is intermittent and nobody has said it stopped for good.

Reactions: sameer0924

pmac99

macrumors member
Jan 18, 2020
Toronto, ON, CA
Small update: I noticed this happens consistently in the morning after charging overnight. Today it lagged really bad, almost for a full 30 seconds. Every swipe up and app switch was laggy. Looks like I'll probably start screen recording tomorrow morning

NickYanakiev

macrumors 6502
Sep 12, 2016
Updated to 16.1 beta. So far, so smooth!

EDIT: Phone has been buttery smooth. For the first time since I got it, the 14 Pro Max no longer feels like a downgrade from my 13PM

Last edited:

Rodrigovmed

macrumors regular
Oct 9, 2022
I have the 14 PM, have AOD on, 16.0.3 and I have not seen this behavior at all.
I really think it affects all 14PMS. I know a lot of people who own one and all of them have this issue. It depends on how they use their iPhone (total number of apps, number of apps on the background, etc) and on their perception. It’s overt enough, though, to drive crazy those who can see that 14PM has a better display than 13PM, for example. Apple customers tend to pay attention to minimal details and this bug is definitely not small. But I really can imagine many people who wouldn’t see it.

sparksd

macrumors G3
Jun 7, 2015
Seattle WA
I really think it affects all 14PMS. I know a lot of people who own one and all of them have this issue. It depends on how they use their iPhone (total number of apps, number of apps on the background, etc) and on their perception. It’s overt enough, though, to drive crazy those who can see that 14PM has a better display than 13PM, for example. Apple customers tend to pay attention to minimal details and this bug is definitely not small. But I really can imagine many people who wouldn’t see it.
No, I’ve actively looked for it.

Jeffonion

macrumors newbie
Oct 13, 2022
It’s an intermittent and unpredictable double stutter effect when swiping up from apps to Home Screen. There’s no way to actively test it. Sometimes it seems to be gone.
Exactly, like the phone is hesitating if it should close the app or not and then decides to close it after a smooth pause.

Reactions: Rodrigovmed

sparksd

macrumors G3
Jun 7, 2015
Seattle WA
It’s an intermittent and unpredictable double stutter effect when swiping up from apps to Home Screen. There’s no way to actively test it. Sometimes it seems to be gone.

I will just restate that I have never seen it on my phone. Never. You have no way of knowing that this is an absolute universal problem.

Reactions: NickYanakiev

Jeffonion

macrumors newbie
Oct 13, 2022
I will just restate that I have never seen it on my phone. Never. You have no way of knowing that this is an absolute universal problem.
But it is a wide spreading issue. If they ship a new version software like this, it is troublesome

Rodrigovmed

macrumors regular
Oct 9, 2022
After rebooting and turning off and on the iPhone 14PM double stutter effect disappears for a short period of time. On the other hand, after installing any software update, it doesn’t show up for a longer period of time. When it comes up, it gets worse progressively (along days) and then, out of the blue, it gets better again and it occurs intermittently and unpredictably.

The stutter duration, frequency and severity is also variable.

It’s unpredictable and some people can’t see it.

Rodrigovmed

macrumors regular
Oct 9, 2022
I was analyzing all my apps and I’ve realized that backup from iCloud allows installation of apps that don’t even exist anymore on App Store. I’ve deleted all these apps and restarted the iPhone. I don’t believe this will work, though.

Rodrigovmed

macrumors regular
Oct 9, 2022
Apple today acknowledged another bug, related to sim activation on iPhone 14 and 14 Pro. They’ve ignored our feedback. I don’t expect a fix any time soon.

Reactions: pmac99

house1999

macrumors newbie
Oct 14, 2006
I turned on reduce motion in accessibility for now to make it less annoying.
0f97c87b1c701f1ef88b4fb0ef625e55.jpg

D2206XXIT

macrumors newbie
Oct 14, 2022
Apple today acknowledged another bug, related to sim activation on iPhone 14 and 14 Pro. They’ve ignored our feedback. I don’t expect a fix any time soon.
I can't understand why Apple is ignoring this annoying bug 😞 I understand that the one related to the sim is more serious but they should solve all the problems especially when a person pays a lot of money for a device.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.