Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

papbot

macrumors 68020
May 19, 2015
I’ve only seen anything similar when I don’t do a smooth, intentional quick swipe up going up to at least half the screen. But since I always get the larger phones like my 14 PM requiring a greater distance to swipe that’s nothing new. It almost looks like it’s trying to decide what I really wanted to do since my swiping motion was a bit ambiguous. But with a smooth motion I never see this, on any phone or ios.

Rodrigovmed

macrumors regular
Oct 9, 2022
It wasnt corrected by IOS 16.1 RC. If we don’t report to Apple, it will continue till iPhone 15 Ultra and iOS 17

Reactions: pmac99

D2206XXIT

macrumors newbie
Oct 14, 2022
I’ve only seen anything similar when I don’t do a smooth, intentional quick swipe up going up to at least half the screen. But since I always get the larger phones like my 14 PM requiring a greater distance to swipe that’s nothing new. It almost looks like it’s trying to decide what I really wanted to do since my swiping motion was a bit ambiguous. But with a smooth motion I never see this, on any phone or ios.
This is absolutely not the case. On the iPhone 13 Pro Max I don't have this problem, on the 14 Pro Max instead I do. On the 13 Pro Max it only occurred once but never repeated again. They have to fix it because it's really ridiculous that an iPhone that costs so much money presents these bugs and that after a while they are not fixed. We all report en masse from this links:

Rodrigovmed

macrumors regular
Oct 9, 2022
This is absolutely not the case. On the iPhone 13 Pro Max I don't have this problem, on the 14 Pro Max instead I do. On the 13 Pro Max it only occurred once but never repeated again. They have to fix it because it's really ridiculous that an iPhone that costs so much money presents these bugs and that after a while they are not fixed. We all report en masse from this links:

Ive just done it. Guys, please, all of you have to do it!

pmac99

macrumors member
Jan 18, 2020
Toronto, ON, CA

Done as well!

Rodrigovmed

macrumors regular
Oct 9, 2022
One interesting thing. I also had the stutter on the apple watch series 7 with watchos8 and it was never fixed. I didnt even report it and I didnt care a lot about it. It happened almost every time I got a notification. The point is if we dont make some noise apple wont do anything despite it's a widespread issue. I restate that I have 3 (three) Iphones 14 Pro Max that were bought in France, EUA and China and all of them have the double stutter effect after swiping up from any app back to home screen. it gets worse over time and occurs intermittently and unpredictably.

BeatsEU

macrumors member
Jan 7, 2018
Bulgaria
I don't have that problem with the lag when closing the apps.
However, it seems that I have some stuttering in Safari on some webpages when I'm scrolling.

Never had that issue on my previous phone (iPhone 12) and iOS 15.
Report these issues and hopefully Apple will fix them for iOS 16.2

SumYoungGai

macrumors 65816
Jun 11, 2013
SF Bay Area, CA
I wonder if this has to do with a memory leak, the Usage app showed 98-99% memory use and the stutter was with every app close just a while ago. After resetting RAM (AssistiveTouch + shut down menu and holding the virtual home button) the issue immediately went away and memory use was closer to 70-75%. A memory leak would also make sense with reports that this comes some time after a reboot and not immediately afterward

Rodrigovmed

macrumors regular
Oct 9, 2022
I wonder if this has to do with a memory leak, the Usage app showed 98-99% memory use and the stutter was with every app close just a while ago. After resetting RAM (AssistiveTouch + shut down menu and holding the virtual home button) the issue immediately went away and memory use was closer to 70-75%. A memory leak would also make sense with reports that this comes some time after a reboot and not immediately afterward
It’s probably a ram management issue that Apple has to correct immediately.

Please report to Apple.

Reactions: TimFL1

Rodrigovmed

macrumors regular
Oct 9, 2022
Sent a feedback report, was able to catch this on video and sent that also

Upon looking at the video it looks like the app minimizes, starts to re-open briefly, then completes the closing animation
Yes, the double stutter effect. It closes two times after an arrest.

Paddle1

macrumors 603
May 1, 2013
Indeed, based on their history it'll be lucky if it's fixed before somewhere around next spring.

Last edited:

soaddk

macrumors member
Mar 17, 2012
Aarhus, Denmark
It took months to fix it on iPhone 12 when it came up two years ago. They probably fixed it without realizing what the root cause was…
Exactly. The 12PM had the same issue at release. It was fixed at some point. My wife still have the 12PM and it doesn't have the stutter. My 14PM has it big time. :-(

It will get fixed, but it's gonna take some time.

Rodrigovmed

macrumors regular
Oct 9, 2022
So disappointing. I used to face iPhone like a kid faces a Christmas gift. It was very good and September represented a magic month. Shame on Apple. I really hope to engage in Google or Samsung ecosystem at some point. Apple needs a new Steve Jobs (and to learn from past mistakes). The only notable product this years was the Watch Ultra but it took 7 years for the company to minimally innovate. The whole iPad thing is a joke. iPhone 14 is a terrible joke with last year’s chip. iOS 16 embedded in bugs. IPadOS and MacOS are two months late. And then, finally, the premium product, iPhone 14 Pro Max, is a total disgrace with this unforgettable annoying issue.

turbochgd

macrumors regular
Sep 9, 2022
So disappointing. I used to face iPhone like a kid faces a Christmas gift. It was very good and September represented a magic month. Shame on Apple. I really hope to engage in Google or Samsung ecosystem at some point. Apple needs a new Steve Jobs (and to learn from past mistakes). The only notable product this years was the Watch Ultra but it took 7 years for the company to minimally innovate. The whole iPad thing is a joke. iPhone 14 is a terrible joke with last year’s chip. iOS 16 embedded in bugs. IPadOS and MacOS are two months late. And then, finally, the premium product, iPhone 14 Pro Max, is a total disgrace with this unforgettable annoying issue.

I absolutely love my iPhone 14 PM. And I didn’t come from an old iPhone but the 13 Pro which I also adored. I’m so sorry you’ve had the issues you’ve had, but please understand not everyone is having these problems, and it may well be that the majority of people including myself aren’t.

I hear your frustration and get how disappointing it is when things aren’t working as expected.

I’m absolutely obsessive with my phones and not easily impressed or pleased if there are glitches, no matter how trivial to others. But I’ve just been thrilled with this year’s iPhone and it’s been 1 month now I’ve had it.

Last edited:
Reactions: cygy2k

D2206XXIT

macrumors newbie
Oct 14, 2022
I absolutely love my iPhone 14 PM. And I didn’t come from an old iPhone but the 13 Pro which I also adored. I’m so sorry you’ve had the issues you’ve had, but please understand not everyone is having these problems, and it may well be that the majority of people including myself aren’t.

I hear your frustration and get how disappointing it is when things aren’t working as expected.

I’m absolutely obsessive with my phones and not easily impressed or pleased if there are glitches, no matter how trivial to others. But I’ve just been thrilled with this year’s iPhone and it’s been 1 month now I’ve had it.
Try not to close apps in background and then you'll see how this amazing bug that affects ALL iPhone 14 Pro Max 😊

Reactions: Rodrigovmed
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.