Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

papbot

macrumors 68020
May 19, 2015
Turn off the search field on the home screen (just use the dots as in previous IOS systems), then restart your phone and wait about 10 min then turn it on. The swipe up lag will disappear.
I turned that off the first day I got my 14PM so I can’t say what my experience would be with it on.

Reactions: Rodrigovmed

Nightchris

macrumors newbie
Oct 24, 2022
I turned that off the first day I got my 14PM so I can’t say what my experience would be with it on.
My experience was the following: I tried several settings, restarts etc. but the lag never disappeared. I tried to turn off this search field just to try, and right after turnig it off the lag immediately gone. I restarted and never turn this field on. For about 5 days i have no lag at all, and today i tried to turn on the search field. Right after turnig it on in the next minute the lag appeared again.

D2206XXIT

macrumors newbie
Oct 14, 2022
My experience was the following: I tried several settings, restarts etc. but the lag never disappeared. I tried to turn off this search field just to try, and right after turnig it off the lag immediately gone. I restarted and never turn this field on. For about 5 days i have no lag at all, and today i tried to turn on the search field. Right after turnig it on in the next minute the lag appeared again.
Perfect. I'll try it now too.

D2206XXIT

macrumors newbie
Oct 14, 2022
Try to activate the search field in the home and keep it active for 1/2 days. in this way we understand if the problem is due precisely to this.

ManuCH

macrumors 68000
May 7, 2009
Switzerland

I have the search field turned off and I've always had it off. Still, I'm experiencing the lag.

Reactions: cambookpro

papbot

macrumors 68020
May 19, 2015
Try to activate the search field in the home and keep it active for 1/2 days. in this way we understand if the problem is due precisely to this.
I turned it on and saw no difference and as @ManuCH above mentions it doesn’t seem to be related. I’ve asked in another AppleSeed beta forum and no one reported seeing any lag or stutter but I went back just now and specifically mentioned the search setting. Someone may have had it on for a while. If anyone mentions it I’ll post back. But I’m turning it off for now. I prefer just swiping down for Search and leaving the dots on the screen.

salutcemoi

macrumors regular
Nov 10, 2021
iPhone 13 Pro, on 16.0.3

I have tape to wake delay, as well as scroll/tap delay after using spotlight or exiting an app (I either have to scroll/tap twice, or wait 2-3 seconds)

I have an appointment at the Genius Bar this upcoming Wednesday because I dropped my phone last week so I thought it was a display issue

Might just be a software issue after all lol

D2206XXIT

macrumors newbie
Oct 14, 2022
I turned it on and saw no difference and as @ManuCH above mentions it doesn’t seem to be related. I’ve asked in another AppleSeed beta forum and no one reported seeing any lag or stutter but I went back just now and specifically mentioned the search setting. Someone may have had it on for a while. If anyone mentions it I’ll post back. But I’m turning it off for now. I prefer just swiping down for Search and leaving the dots on the screen.
if you do not keep it on for a long time the test has no value because this bug is random and irregular, it does not mean that as soon as you activate this "search" field it will appear immediately. If we want to be of help we should work together to understand where it comes from and this in my opinion is not the best way to do it. however, I deactivated it quite some time ago and so far the bug has not occurred. I keep testing and then I come back to you.

Nightchris

macrumors newbie
Oct 24, 2022
if you do not keep it on for a long time the test has no value because this bug is random and irregular, it does not mean that as soon as you activate this "search" field it will appear immediately. If we want to be of help we should work together to understand where it comes from and this in my opinion is not the best way to do it. however, I deactivated it quite some time ago and so far the bug has not occurred. I keep testing and then I come back to you.
That was only my exprience. I turnd it off and turned off the phone for some minutes. These were the steps I made. Maybe there is something completley different reason for the lag but for me it worked. I have no lag for some days now. Today I will update for 16.1 final we'll see what happen :)

papbot

macrumors 68020
May 19, 2015
I deactivated it quite some time ago and so far the bug has not occurred.
Things like this are highly individual. If deactivating that feature works for you then you have to decide if that’s how you want to handle it. I’ve never had this issue and I have settings the way I want so I’m not going to wait several days for something to happen especially since there is supposed to be new software today.

D2206XXIT

macrumors newbie
Oct 14, 2022
That was only my exprience. I turnd it off and turned off the phone for some minutes. These were the steps I made. Maybe there is something completley different reason for the lag but for me it worked. I have no lag for some days now. Today I will update for 16.1 final we'll see what happen :)
My answer was not for you. read who I replied to 😅 However, I followed your advice and at the moment I no longer have the bug. I advised the user above to do the opposite but to monitor us for 1/2 days. If you do it for a few minutes it makes no sense.

Rodrigovmed

macrumors regular
Oct 9, 2022
Turn off the search field on the home screen (just use the dots as in previous IOS systems), than restart your phone and wait about 10 min than turn it on. The swipe up lag will disappear.
Ive just done it. Lets wait. On one of my iPhones 14 PM Ive left only the pre installed apps and youtube and the issue hasn't appeared yet. It's clearly ram related

ggab

macrumors regular
Jun 30, 2010
Turn off the search field on the home screen (just use the dots as in previous IOS systems), than restart your phone and wait about 10 min than turn it on. The swipe up lag will disappear.
It disappears when I reboot without disabling the search field. My guess is the lag will return even with the search field disabled.

papbot

macrumors 68020
May 19, 2015
no lag for me on ios 16.1 . spent some time opening apps and swiping home
16.1 smooth as butter on my 14PM. On the AppleSeed beta forum there have been no responses about any lag or stuttering even when I referenced that Search setting and they were on all the previous betas. I kept my phone off the betas but my iPad Pro was on them without any issues.

Reactions: turbochgd and 0-0
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.