Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

D2206XXIT

macrumors newbie
Oct 14, 2022
I turned on reduce motion in accessibility for now to make it less annoying.
0f97c87b1c701f1ef88b4fb0ef625e55.jpg
This is not a solution and I do not agree to disable the effects after I have spent a lot of money. It’s unacceptable

D6d

macrumors newbie
Oct 18, 2022
This is so frustrating. I came from Galaxy S21 (needed to switch for work) and the performance was miles better than on my 14 Pro. Having these app switcher stutters multiple times a day. Such a poor experience compared to Samsung. I really like the iPhone in general but it’s too expensive to be having performance issues like this.

Apple did say I was eligible for a warranty replacement. Obviously it’s a software issue not with the phone, but if people just keep exchanging for this issue maybe Apple will get its head out of its ass and fix this.

Reactions: D2206XXIT

I7guy

macrumors Nehalem
Nov 30, 2013
Gotta be in it to win it
This is so frustrating. I came from Galaxy S21 (needed to switch for work) and the performance was miles better than on my 14 Pro. Having these app switcher stutters multiple times a day. Such a poor experience compared to Samsung. I really like the iPhone in general but it’s too expensive to be having performance issues like this.

Apple did say I was eligible for a warranty replacement. Obviously it’s a software issue not with the phone, but if people just keep exchanging for this issue maybe Apple will get its head out of its ass and fix this.
I don’t believe people will play phone lottery for a UI glitch that is software related.

If it were me, I wouldn’t let small UI glitches get me bent out of shape. But I’d course to each their own.

Reactions: papbot

I7guy

macrumors Nehalem
Nov 30, 2013
Gotta be in it to win it
This is not a solution and I do not agree to disable the effects after I have spent a lot of money. It’s unacceptable
You’re certainly welcome to do what you want with the settings. As I said I wouldnt let small UI glitches get my blood pressure up. I’m sure apple will fix this in their own time.

And for what it’s worth my iPhone 14 PM does not have this UI glitch.

papbot

macrumors 68020
May 19, 2015
You’re certainly welcome to do what you want with the settings. As I said I wouldnt let small UI glitches get my blood pressure up. I’m sure apple will fix this in their own time.

And for what it’s worth my iPhone 14 PM does not have this UI glitch.
Never seen it on my 14 PM.

Reactions: I7guy

Paddle1

macrumors 603
May 1, 2013
I can't understand why Apple is ignoring this annoying bug 😞 I understand that the one related to the sim is more serious but they should solve all the problems especially when a person pays a lot of money for a device.
It's not their priority. Older devices can often experience stuttering and lag, instead of fixing it Apple just ignores it most of the time, nothing new really.

And they have little incentive to be in any rush on the 14 Pros as you already bought it and overall not many are complaining about/seeing/experiencing it nor is it in the news.

Most likely they will fix it, but it's not guaranteed to be anytime soon.

Rodrigovmed

macrumors regular
Oct 9, 2022
As I've already said several times, I have 3 iPhones 14 Pro Max with this issue and everyone I know who owns one and pay attention to details also experience it. So it's a major widespread issue. It's much better not to have this lag instead of a useless dynamic island. I wish I could really yell this at Tim cook's ears. I'm really disappointed and turned off about apple products.

If we are here, losing our time talking about this, it's because it really matters.

Reactions: D6d

I7guy

macrumors Nehalem
Nov 30, 2013
Gotta be in it to win it
As I've already said several times, I have 3 iPhones 14 Pro Max with this issue and everyone I know who owns one and pay attention to details also experience it. So it's a major widespread issue. It's much better not to have this lag instead of a useless dynamic island. I wish I could really yell this at Tim cook's ears. I'm really disappointed and turned off about apple products.

If we are here, losing our time talking about this, it's because it really matters.
I have sensitive eyes and would know of it 14 PM has it. It doesn’t. Nor do I know anyone with a 14 that has this issue. I do r think it’s as widespread as you believe. (Not to say there isn’t an issue that needs fixing) I’ve heard about this issue only here —- at MacRumors.

sameer0924

macrumors member
Aug 13, 2013
USA
I have sensitive eyes and would know of it 14 PM has it. It doesn’t. Nor do I know anyone with a 14 that has this issue. I do r think it’s as widespread as you believe. (Not to say there isn’t an issue that needs fixing) I’ve heard about this issue only here —- at MacRumors.
I’ve been experiencing this swipe-up stutter on my iPhone 14 pro max consistently since I got this phone. I saw ppl report this on other social media platforms as well.

https://www.reddit.com/r/iphone/comments/xvt5o3

papbot

macrumors 68020
May 19, 2015
It seems like the thread mainly contains the same posters (which includes me I guess). But I know of no one in my immediate circle who have mentioned this to me and they always confront me with any possible issues. And they have various models, including my wife’s 12 which has had no such issues, nor has my 14 PM. And on Apple’s beta forum I’ve seen no mention of this, and no reports anywhere else. But such issues eventually get resolved without much if any notice. I’ve had several in the past that were never mentioned anywhere but one day were gone.

Reactions: I7guy

bc 08

macrumors 6502
Mar 26, 2020
I experienced the swipe up stutter one full morning on my 14 PM (on 16.0.2) and a restart cured it indefinitely.

I’ve since updated to 16.0.3 and the phone remains flawless except for a single restart while on the charger one night, which was also on 16.0.2.

Overall I experience far fewer odd stutters and quirks on my 14PM than a I did my 13 PM.

Rodrigovmed

macrumors regular
Oct 9, 2022
I really don’t know what’s causing this. I can assure you that if I buy 1000 iPhones, all of them will have tue bug if I apply my settings, install my apps and log in to my iCloud account. Some people doesn’t have it because of specific settings and apps. Probably less apps. One person in this forum has already said that they had their phone exchanged and had the same issue with the new one. Another guy said their work iPhone didn’t have but the personal one did (number and type of apps?)

D2206XXIT

macrumors newbie
Oct 14, 2022
Small update. With me I still have an iPhone 13 Pro Max and last night for the first time I encountered the same bug I have on the iPhone 14 Pro Max. Less incisive than the 14 but has presented himself several times.

lkscott

macrumors newbie
Oct 18, 2022
I also had this issue which I have never met on my before iphones. Today I just updated to 16.1 RC, and this issue seems be solved temporarily. Is this issue resolved on your iphone after updating ios 16.1 RC?

D2206XXIT

macrumors newbie
Oct 14, 2022
I also had this issue which I have never met on my before iphones. Today I just updated to 16.1 RC, and this issue seems be solved temporarily. Is this issue resolved on your iphone after updating ios 16.1 RC?
Which iPhone model do you have?

easycure1974

macrumors newbie
Feb 9, 2019

I had this bug on my 14 PM but not on my 13 PM. The 14 PM setup fresh from start and no restore from backup. Have been having this lag on all iOS 16 releases on the 14 PM. But since installing 16.1 RC yesterday it has been gone. I hope it will not return

Jeffonion

macrumors newbie
Oct 13, 2022
I had this bug on my 14 PM but not on my 13 PM. The 14 PM setup fresh from start and no restore from backup. Have been having this lag on all iOS 16 releases on the 14 PM. But since installing 16.1 RC yesterday it has been gone. I hope it will not return
My returns

lkscott

macrumors newbie
Oct 18, 2022
yes, completely the same as you.

TimFL1

macrumors 68000
Jul 6, 2017
Germany
Just started happening again here (16.1 RC on 14 Pro Max). Issue is most definitely not resolved.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.