Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

volnuke

macrumors newbie
Oct 14, 2020
Hi everyone, having the same issue here with a AW 3 (watchOS 7.0.2) paired to a iPhone 8+ (iOS 14.0.1). Apple Support has suggested re-pairing from both backups and a new watch and resetting/restoring the iPhone. Updated to watchOS 7.0.2 today and it seems to not have fixed it.

Has anyone noticed a pattern to the reboots? Mine seems to happen when I change locations after being in one spot for a while like walking to a car or getting ready to go for a run. Just wondering if it's connected to some GPS issues I've heard about with the Activity/Workout features on the watch.

Reactions: Jxdawg

gus1989

macrumors newbie
Nov 22, 2011
Has anyone noticed a pattern to the reboots? Mine seems to happen when I change locations after being in one spot for a while like walking to a car or getting ready to go for a run. Just wondering if it's connected to some GPS issues I've heard about with the Activity/Workout features on the watch.
My GPS issues for the Activity/Workout were fixed with a total reset. No problems there now. Still reboots though.

rcarter3636

macrumors regular
Mar 11, 2015
I did a chat with Apple and got no where. I tried sending links to articles from various websites but told me they can’t open third party links. They said engineers have not viewed this as an issue as of now. All those frustrated with this issue I would advise to sending feedback ASAP!

Reactions: mguzzi

Hunter5117

macrumors 6502a
Mar 17, 2010
Has anyone noticed a pattern to the reboots? Mine seems to happen when I change locations after being in one spot for a while like walking to a car or getting ready to go for a run.

Mine clearly happens only when I leave my home (wifi?) and go mobile. I have tried turning off wifi and just running on cell/bluetooth linked to phone but it still rebooted.

gus1989

macrumors newbie
Nov 22, 2011
Mine clearly happens only when I leave my home (wifi?) and go mobile. I have tried turning off wifi and just running on cell/bluetooth linked to phone but it still rebooted.
Now that could be. I will have to pay closer attention to this to see if it is what triggers my reboots.

Thelinks

macrumors newbie
Sep 26, 2020
leave house jump in truck phone connects to BT in truck watch shuts off within a minute. IT guy so I walk all over the building jumping from access point to access point sometimes with phone in pocket sometimes not. Lunch time, jump in truck watch shuts off. Go home eat lunch jump in truck watch does NOT shut off. Odd...I think. Go to work blah blah blah, leave for day watch shuts off. No issue rest of evening.
next step..going to unpair all BT devices and forget all WiFi networks. Reset networks settings just because. Then for the next few days will stay cellular only on phone. Will report back Monday or the next reboot whichever comes first.

clau_logo

macrumors newbie
Sep 23, 2020
Ok so today 2 reboots in 2 hours. First reboot i saw the apple logo and the 2nd one black screen. At the 2nd reboot i gave it a hard reset. 1
1 st reboot report
d3647f1ea6e044daefdcf832cd02825e.jpg

2nd reboot but actually reset
7aa59439165a1e409a2033c6a0b573f8.jpg

Last edited:

clau_logo

macrumors newbie
Sep 23, 2020
In this report i think something went wrong with facebook messenger. I removed the app from watch and let’s see what happens.

CXK

macrumors newbie
Apr 19, 2009
I called support in a rage and said I wanted a replacement. They eventually just said they’d have me send it in. The senior support guy said they’d charge me $160 if it wasn’t their fault, they’d refund it. I’m not interested in giving them another dollar right now. The support agent played dumb at first but then admitted he sees a lot of reports about it in their internal chat. I restored it, it’s been good for a day so far. I don’t have high hopes it won’t do it again. I don’t know what they could possibly do to it that I can’t at home. If they have some special version of the OS, they could just release it to Series 3 owners.

Reactions: mguzzi

ExAndroidUsr

macrumors member
Mar 3, 2020
Guys the new public beta is out and I am just installing it. Did it made any difference for anyone?

mguzzi

macrumors 6502
Sep 12, 2014
Columbia SC
Guys the new public beta is out and I am just installing it. Did it made any difference for anyone?

I haven't, if you install it keep us posted. I still have Apple Care on my Series 3 and I am considering just getting them to replace it under the accidental damage and hope that fixes the problem.

ExAndroidUsr

macrumors member
Mar 3, 2020
I haven't, if you install it keep us posted. I still have Apple Care on my Series 3 and I am considering just getting them to replace it under the accidental damage and hope that fixes the problem.

So far no reboots but it has been a couple of hours only...

The_Void

macrumors newbie
Oct 6, 2020
Did you send your watch in and receive a replacement? Did this fix your issues?

thank you
I sent it to Apple and they just informed me that they could not replicate the issue and are sending the watch back to me. Not impressed.

CXK

macrumors newbie
Apr 19, 2009
Good god. I’m glad I didn’t bother sending mine in. What is happening to Apple?

Last edited:

jmh363905

macrumors newbie
May 13, 2015
They had the watch less than 24 hours before they shipped it back to me
Same here but my agent happened to be the most awesome I’ve had—they set up a out of warranty deal where they just sent me a new one. Didn’t have to send the first one back or anything. I was floored. (The new one has the issue too)

I’ll note that I put watchOS 7.1 db3 on both and they are both working now without a single reboot. Hopefully they’ll carry that fix though the GM and not remove the code in later betas. I’ve seen crazier things happen...

Thomas Little

macrumors newbie
Oct 18, 2020
Pensacola, FL
Just installed 7.1 beta 3, read lots of success stories on Apple discussion page concerning the series 3 watch. I have had an average of 5 reboots a day since installing 7. I have a cellular version. will update

Reactions: beermode
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.