Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gagnon1s

macrumors newbie
Oct 6, 2020
This makes me wonder if they can’t fix it via firmware. I’m getting so tired of it, but absolutely refuse to reward their incompetence by buying a new watch.

Mine was doing the same thing. They told me that mine was out of warranty this was after I was on my second watch. I had one and it did this under the 1 year warranty. I then got a new series 3 because they claimed it was broken. Well 12 + months later and the replacement watch is doing the same thing. I worked with multiple people on Apple support, even a SENIOR Advisor who told me well your watch motherboard is probably broken so send it in and we will fix it for $250 charge. Well my watch isn't even worth that. Soooo I contemplated what to do. I ended up getting a new Series 6 and did like they told me to. Backed up my phone, completely reinstalled the whole OS via computer. No apps no nothing. Setup the new Series 6 to it so everything is brand new with no apps to mess things up. 15 hours later. . . . my new Series 6 after being home for less then 4 days is doing it now too. Apple said well your new watch is broken and since its under the 14 days bring it back and they will replace it. . . . Going to do that in the next day or two but I don't think its the watch. Maybe they will tell me next to get a new phone. . . .

Christian Lyng

macrumors newbie
Oct 2, 2020
I am pretty sure that calling Apple support is basically of no use,-they can't fix a software problem, they probably know it's a software bug, but are not allowed to just say "Sure we know it's a bug and there is no fix a the moment,-please be patient wait for an update" (caught the reboot where it asks for the pin, after I did trip on my mountainbike).

Attachments

• Snap 2020-10-11 at 19.24.55.png
    Snap 2020-10-11 at 19.24.55.png
    962.8 KB · Views: 97
  • Snap 2020-10-11 at 19.29.51.png
    Snap 2020-10-11 at 19.29.51.png
    891.5 KB · Views: 122
Reactions: ExAndroidUsr

edhchoe

macrumors 65816
Oct 28, 2011
My AW7 rebooted on Friday. It was second time it happened spontaneously. I am thinking it is a auto reboot feature when ram is full so I don't have to reboot manually.
Loving it!!!!! ?♥❤???????

Last edited:

CXK

macrumors newbie
Apr 19, 2009
This is just insane. I fully “switched” to Apple about 8 years ago. I’ve had an iPhone since the 3g came out. I remember thinking how nice it was that Apples software was so much better than the competition. In the last 4 years I’ve had major problems with their software. What makes me even more mad is their support plays dumb, Apple stays dead quiet and I’m losing hope of a fix. This has been happening for 2 weeks now! When/if they fix it, the update notes will say something like: “resolved an issue where some users would see the letter C when they typed the phrase ‘turkey neck’” or “Resolved an issue that no one has ever seen or had outside of 4 users.” Acknowledgement of a wide spread problem would be reassuring. I had a snarky reply from the support agent saying they wouldn’t comment on internet chatter.

I have seen this happen quite a few times. What’s odd is, I’ll be looking at the watch see the time, the screen will go dark and I’ll try and look again but it never comes back. After a while of a dark unresponsive screen, the Apple appears. Maybe it’s a quantum processing unit and observing it causes it to fail? FML

Last edited:

Jxdawg

macrumors 6502
Dec 17, 2019
7.0.2 is out. Going to install now and I’ll let y’all know if I see anymore reboots.

clau_logo

macrumors newbie
Sep 23, 2020
Damn! Hope that they will fix it on next IOS. Today is the release of Iphone 12 so let’s stay positive.

RossH51

macrumors member
Mar 24, 2016
7.02 does not fix the reboot issue. I have had three reboots in the six hours since I did the update. Disappointing!

Quirinus

macrumors member
Mar 12, 2012
My watch hasn't rebooted by itself anymore in the past week.

No idea what solved it.
I have updated my phone to 14.0.1
I disabled Sleep function on my watch. Still on WatchOS 7.0

Ninja Dom

macrumors 6502a
Feb 12, 2007
I have to be one of the lucky ones.

Installed watchOS 7 on my Series 3 right from when it was publicly available and I haven't had one restart yet. I'm on 7.0.1 now, everything's good...so far!

Reactions: SarahTX

clau_logo

macrumors newbie
Sep 23, 2020
Hi all
Mine didn’t rebooted today. So far so good. Hope it will be ok. Till now WatchOS 7.0.2 is ok. I’ve enabled Siri and let just the 3 apps on the watch. No problems till now.

MrMapple

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 18, 2020
Hey - thank you for all of your answers!

I had no reboot for the last week, since i switched to the "Utility"-Watchface.
Can anyone confirm that the reboot could maybe have something to do with the watchface? Or maybe i was just lucky?

Kind regards!

Hunter5117

macrumors 6502a
Mar 17, 2010
Can anyone confirm that the reboot could maybe have something to do with the watchface? Or maybe i was just lucky?

The utility face is the one I generally use on my S3 and it was definitely rebooting up until about a week ago, nothing since that I know of.

clau_logo

macrumors newbie
Sep 23, 2020
First reboot for me too after 43 hours of usage from the update. It’s so damn annoying and no release of another IOS or watchOS.

huyit

macrumors newbie
Sep 28, 2020
Mine was even worse after the 7.0.2 update. I got 3 continuous reboots within 20 minutes this morning while I was on my bike to work.

Reactions: mguzzi

oss

macrumors newbie
Oct 14, 2020
hi. i bought a s3 the day they announced the new watches (6 and se), cus i literally only want it to see notifications without having to reach my phone so theres NO need for all those new functions (and in a whole month i havent used anything at all); since that day my watch reboots 3 times a day. After 2 tries with apple support, they told me to take my watch to a store and get it fixed, supposedly it got fixed, all they did was update my watch to 7.0.1 "through their server" and for a week i didnt get a single reboot (between 8am-11pm, thats when i wear my watch) and i was pretty happy, but earlier today my watch rebooted, i called support and they told me to reset my watch lol. idc if its just a bad update, the problem is that they STILL sell the s3 like new and pull this kind of things :(

mguzzi

macrumors 6502
Sep 12, 2014
Columbia SC
I’ve been dealing with Apple support for this issue for two weeks now. Today I am told that I have to send my watch to Apple to be reset and then have it sent back. They are covering the costs. I get that it is not under Apple care anymore but fee maybe they should be doing more to solve this issue that they caused. They should have just said Watch OS7 is not for Series 3.

Did you send your watch in and receive a replacement? Did this fix your issues?

thank you

mguzzi

macrumors 6502
Sep 12, 2014
Columbia SC
SS S3 Same problem, called Apple unpaired and repaired the watch to my phone and did a complete wipe and restore and it didn’t reboot the first couple days but started rebooting again yesterday. Thinking about calling Apple back and sending it in.

fstevens

macrumors member
Dec 2, 2008
After working through the usual unpair/repair and some other voodoo with support, my husband's S3 (purchased late August 2020) was still rebooting a lot, so we sent it in. It came back really fast, no better than it was when it left. I contacted Apple again and learned that, because it didn't have a problem when they powered it up, they just sent it back. I contacted Apple again and had my request escalated to someone who seemed more helpful, and now have a specific person to contact. The watch is on its way back to Apple again, and we have a call set up for next Monday to discuss (not sure if it will be back by then, though). FWIW, I updated it to watchOS 7.0.2 Monday evening, and it went all day Tuesday without any reboots, but since it had one today, I'm sending it back for them to try again, or replace it.

Reactions: mguzzi
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.