Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gus1989

macrumors newbie
Nov 22, 2011
Mine has been experiencing this since the update also. Very frustrating. The only thing different for my series 3 LTE watch was that I had changed my weather app from Carrot to a couple others to try out. The new ones were Forecast Bar and MyRadar. They worked fine before the update. After the update, I kept experiencing missing data and then the reboots. Finally decided to reload Carrot to see if that made any difference (keeping the other two apps still on my phone/watch) but not using in any complications. I have experienced no issues in the last 24 hours. Hopefully it stays that way.

Sserunkuma

macrumors newbie
May 20, 2020
I read somewhere that disabling all 3rd-party app notifications seems to resolve the issue. Has anyone tried this?

Hunter5117

macrumors 6502a
Mar 17, 2010
Mine was doing the same since the first day I upgraded to OS7. I did a full reset on my S3 and reloaded only the stuff I use on a regular basis minus all the fluff that I had accumulated. It has not restarted since then.

Hunter5117

macrumors 6502a
Mar 17, 2010
So after about 4 days my AW3 rebooted earlier today. Have to wait and see if it becomes a daily thing again or maybe was just an anomaly of some sort.

MJ22

macrumors 6502a
Oct 3, 2017
My S6 on 7.0.1 had the Apple logo appear as I was 13.5 miles into a 14 mile run. I had the Workouts app and Audible going. I stopped immediately and was worried I'd lose all my data, but both apps came back up quickly and the audio started playing automatically. So it wasn't a full reboot, just a brief (maybe 10-15 seconds) appearance of the Apple logo.

This is comforting to hear. I’m an avid runner too and went from S4 to S6 and the S6 has been rebooting maybe once a day. I was worried it would reboot during a run. Mine is a quick reboot like you described.

I chatted with Apple support and they tried to tell me it’s a hardware issue and I could send my watch back. I told them that’s baloney because literally every Series is having this issue after watchOS 7 or 7.0.1 and there’s no way Apple is replacing all those units and it’s no coincidence they all started doing this within the last week or so.

If it reboots but doesn’t interrupt my run workout I can live with that until a bug fix.

latanh

macrumors newbie
Sep 28, 2020
Guys. I have an LTE Series 3, and after updating to OS 7 it stopped waking up from wrist raise. I tried everything: reboot, reset and set up as a new watch, turn off and on Wrist Raise settings but nothing worked.

Today I tried to turn off Heart Rate and Fitness Tracking settings, which are under the Privacy menu, then restart the watch. To my surprise, it worked. Had turned on both settings and it still worked. Hopefully everything will be back to normal soon.

huyit

macrumors newbie
Sep 28, 2020
Same issue with my brand new Apple Watch Series 3 GPS Only. I contacted Apple Support and they called me the following day, after tons of guidance, they even asked me to allow screen sharing and they remote controlled my iPhone 7 Plus. Finally they asked me to allow and install a profile called Apple System Wide Logging on my Apple Watch, since then no more rebooting.....

clau_logo

macrumors newbie
Sep 23, 2020
So i found some strange things on Apple Watch 3 Gps Only:
- after full erase of content and settings when i synced the watch with iphone the face gallery had some lags and some faces disappeared.
- when it randomely reboots it doesn’t show the passcode.
- when entering the watch app it has some lags.
- yesterday it rebooted 4-5 times in 3 hours.
Does anybody experienced this or it’s just me?

paulus091141

macrumors newbie
Sep 29, 2020
Hey together,

My Series 3 (bought this year) keeps restarting after the upgrade to WatchOS 7. Before that, it worked really great and stable.
I did a complete reset (and didnt restored a backup) but the problem is still there. It happens 2-3 times per day, randomly, when wearing it (no action, no touch, nothing).

Anyone except me encountering this problem? Of course, its a .0-release and the Series 3 might not be as popular anymore as 4, 5 or 6 - but maybe some of you have this bug, too.

Greetings!
Same problem since update yesterday. Paul

tshepp84

macrumors newbie
Sep 15, 2020
Very frustrating! I had ios7 beta on my S3 watch and had reboots then. I even sent feedback and logs to apple about the issue with beta and it doesn’t seem that they did anything to address the issue because it’s just the same with the official release. Thanks for the converting my watch to a $200 aluminum weight on my wrist.

Semlu

macrumors newbie
Jan 18, 2019
For me the reboots are kind of random on the series 3 GPS.

No passcode request after reboot and I get about two reboots a day in a short period of time.

Wifi always off on the watch but I noticed it happens outside in the sun more often than not - dunno if it's related.

Let's hope for a quick bug fix from apple ??

charlielowndes

macrumors newbie
Feb 2, 2010
I have had this on my non GPS S3. Someone commented that it may be down to 3rd party apps. I only had one installed on mine, "Bands in Town", I've uninstalled it and its been as good as gold since.....

Hunter5117

macrumors 6502a
Mar 17, 2010
I have had this on my non GPS S3. Someone commented that it may be down to 3rd party apps. I only had one installed on mine, "Bands in Town", I've uninstalled it and its been as good as gold since.....

I did a full reboot on my S3 cellular and did not install any apps other than the standard Apple ones. I had an Apple tech do a remote service scan on the watch and the first thing they looked for was 3rd party apps and they seemed a bit surprised I had none. They have escalated my issue and I hope to hear something back from them maybe today.

Reactions: jg321

jg321

macrumors 6502
Aug 29, 2012
UK
They have escalated my issue and I hope to hear something back from them maybe today.

Thanks for the update. Please let us know what they come back with. my S3 GPS-only is on 7.0.1 and is still rebooting. Did it as I left the house yesterday and I was stood in the rain waiting for it to come back.

Reactions: TwoZeroNine

Jxdawg

macrumors 6502
Dec 17, 2019
From what I can surmise, it seems like the reboot issue is not solely tied to the S3. Am I wrong in assuming this?

fstevens

macrumors member
Dec 2, 2008
My husband's S3, brand-new in late August, started having the reboot issue after upgrading to 7 (and didn't improve with 7.0.1). I contacted Apple support, and tried all their suggestions - unpaired and repaired from a backup, then unpaired and repaired as new, then some voodoo involving charging for at least 3 hours, removing from the charger and powering off, then leaving it powered off for at least half an hour. Seems like they are grasping at straws here. Now we're waiting for a box and shipping label to send it in for "repairs" (the closet Apple store is about 50 miles away, so taking it in is not convenient at all). I expect they will send a different S3.

JW Foo

macrumors newbie
Sep 24, 2020
My S3 had survived for 24 hours since last reboot! (After some of my 3rd party apps been updated to improve the compatibility on watchOS 7) touch wood, hopefully it end my nightmare.

Christian Lyng

macrumors newbie
Oct 2, 2020
Seems to be a bit random, I have at least experienced three different reboots after the watchOS7 upgrade.
1. Complete black screen, watch never came back on, had to do a hard reset. (I had this twice yesterday for the fist time)
2. Reboot (Apple logo on screen), but no need for PIN.
3. Reboot (Apple Logo on scree), watch asks for PIN.

FilmIndustryGuy

macrumors 6502a
May 12, 2015
Manhattan Beach, CA
I get them too on the AW3 SS. Just turn off your passcode so that when it reboots, you won't even notice. I workout almost daily usually outside and I haven't noticed it rebooting on me during workout. The plus side is that the watch runs faster than it has ever before. feels like a new watch. no stuttering.

Hunter5117

macrumors 6502a
Mar 17, 2010
Seems to be a bit random, I have at least experienced three different reboots after the watchOS7 upgrade.
1. Complete black screen, watch never came back on, had to do a hard reset. (I had this twice yesterday for the fist time)
2. Reboot (Apple logo on screen), but no need for PIN.
3. Reboot (Apple Logo on scree), watch asks for PIN.

Same for me. Before I did a complete wipe on my S3, I mostly always got the black screen that required me to force a reboot. Since I wiped and restarted with a clean install on the watch, it has only done #3 that I remember, always needing me to re-enter my pin. This is still a daily thing, but it only seems to trigger when I leave home usually within about 5 minutes. I thought maybe it was leaving my home wifi but I turned off wifi and it still happened. Sure hope they figure it out.

CostaMoses

macrumors regular
Feb 4, 2014
Same reboot happening on my 38mm Nike series 3 watch. I even completely wiped the watch and did a fresh install of watch Os7. I was out paddle boarding yesterday and the watch rebooted 2 or 3 times while I was out. Never had that happen before. Pretty annoying.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.