Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Carlos Cordeiro

macrumors newbie
Sep 26, 2020
I had a S3 that was rebooting with 7.0.1. Yesterday received my new S6. Today it is also rebooting with 7.0.1. ?

dmrowley

macrumors 6502
Aug 4, 2010
Dortches, NC
Mine just did it less than 1/2 hour ago. So annoying. Also, have not been able to get my Series 3 to unlock my Mac. Says it can not communicate with my watch. May have to buy a new Watch because of this :rolleyes:

Carlos Cordeiro

macrumors newbie
Sep 26, 2020
Mine just did it less than 1/2 hour ago. So annoying. Also, have not been able to get my Series 3 to unlock my Mac. Says it can not communicate with my watch. May have to buy a new Watch because of this :rolleyes:
I bought a new one. Still the same problem.

wvayens

macrumors member
May 5, 2015
There is a thread that has a couple of suggestions that have been working for people, including me.

twinz555

macrumors newbie
Sep 20, 2020
Update. I erased all content and settings. Repaired my watch as new. No more reboots for the past few days.

blairh

macrumors 603
Dec 11, 2007
First I had to wipe my S3 to get OS 7 onto it due to lack of space. Then it started to shutdown about once a day since the install. What a joke. Traded mine in for a larger SE model.

houle988

macrumors newbie
Sep 26, 2020
I have an Apple Watch S6 and I’m having the same issue. I sometime need to enter my passcode few times during days. Very frustrating...

Reactions: ParaShot

ejviana

macrumors newbie
Sep 27, 2020
Hello from Brazil! After I leave only "Photos" watch face (with a few photos cycling) the reboot stopped. (S3 GPS 7.0.1 - iPhone 11 14)

Reactions: JW Foo

lsbuffs

macrumors regular
Feb 5, 2009
My S6 on 7.0.1 had the Apple logo appear as I was 13.5 miles into a 14 mile run. I had the Workouts app and Audible going. I stopped immediately and was worried I'd lose all my data, but both apps came back up quickly and the audio started playing automatically. So it wasn't a full reboot, just a brief (maybe 10-15 seconds) appearance of the Apple logo.

Reactions: Jxdawg

mfm77

macrumors regular
Mar 19, 2012
NJ
My biggest issue now with my Series 3 has been the now-broken GPS tracking for my outdoor workouts. I've unpaired and repaired, but that didn't fix the issue, nor did the 7.0.1 update.

Mahasamatman

macrumors member
Sep 26, 2017
No further crashes since my first report last weekend. The only change is that I had enabled wake on raise which I’ve now disabled. Not updated to 7.0.1 yet either

Jxdawg

macrumors 6502
Dec 17, 2019
I saw 9to5 did a report on this and there were plenty of people suffering from the same issue. I guess I’m a lucky one as my S3 is going strong with no reboots. Hopefully 7.2 will fix the issue for the rest of y’all.

CXK

macrumors newbie
Apr 19, 2009
I’m just finding this post. While I’m relieved to see I’m not the only one with this issue, I’m still so annoyed with Apple! They’ve got insane cash resources and have had this software I beta for a while. Yet, they still release it knowing this is a problem! It blows my mind that they don’t have a huge team of software/hardware engineers that can fix this within a day. It’s thoroughly baffling and disappointing. Every time I update to whatever new OS I find these issues. Each time I kick myself for forgetting about their incompetence. All that said, Android sucks and I won’t switch. So I’ll continue to pay premiums for sub par software on amazing hardware haha. Now that I’m done complaining. Hopefully this will be fixed soon. Mine rebooted at least 5 times today already.

moustaphasy89

macrumors newbie
Sep 27, 2020
It seems like a bug with the iphone wifi connection. I just disabled the wifi on the phone before quitting an area covered by wifi and so far no random reboot. Keep testing...

Last edited:

Rodan52

macrumors 6502
I have had one reboot since updating watchOS 7.0.0 but not since updating to watchOS 7.0.1 I'm wondering if its a storage thing? I had to completely erase my Watch 3 on both the upgrade and update due to insufficient storage space. Now I'm puzzled, I had a look for storage capacity of the Series 3 and found this https://discussions.apple.com/thread/8069636 which states the Series 3 GPS only model has 8GB while the LTE has 16GB.
When I look at About on my iOS Watch app it clearly says total 4.2GB (2.2GB free) which I must assume is not the total but the amount left after subtracting the OS and Native Apps from 8GB which sounds about right.

Another little thing I discovered is that this watchOS adds up to 2Gb of music Recently Played as default unless you untick that setting in My Watch > Music. This may include Music Played on your iPhone. I discovered this playing Spotify on my iPhone via Bluetooth to my home stereo. Because I have the Spotify app set to reflect my iPhone on the Watch. This enables me to control the playback on my iPhone from the Watch but I had no idea the Watch would store this music until I noted my storage on the Watch had dropped to 852MB.
www.howtogeek.com

How to Remove Music from Your Apple Watch
You can add up to 2 GB of music to your Apple Watch so you can listen to music on your watch using a Bluetooth speaker or headphones even when it’s out of range of your iPhone. However, if you want to remove the music, that’s easily done.
www.howtogeek.com
www.howtogeek.com

seecoolguy

macrumors 6502
Nov 28, 2007
This also happens on my S4 and I had reported this to Apple during the public betas :-/

I submitted logs and everything.
I also lost the ability to unlock my Mac from my watch. One is my iMac on Catalina the other is a newer MacBook Pro on Big Sur.

bydandie

macrumors regular
Sep 22, 2009
Update. I erased all content and settings. Repaired my watch as new. No more reboots for the past few days.

I've had issues with the S3 owned by my wife and daughter, which required an erase and repair. I wonder if there is a connection bug between the S3 and iPhone at present?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.