Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

johnyslats

macrumors 68020
Mar 14, 2012
Yorkshire, UK
Yes mine still says processing along with my phone. I expect it to change in the next few hours. I have a pick up arranged at my nearest apple store
Anyone picking up rather than opting for delivery will be stuck on 'Processing' until Wed/Thurs I believe based on past experiences.

avon75

macrumors newbie
Mar 3, 2011
29603C70-05A1-4BA5-86B5-8AFEDAC559DA.jpeg
Ordered at around 8.10am and money was instantly taken from my Visa Debit.

Interestingly, while on the phone to EE about my phone upgrade they told me I will have to buy an E-SIM for the watch from somewhere on the high street eg Argos and activate it that way, as they dont do the e-sims themselves. Is that right ? She said the offer is 3 months free data then 10GB a month on a rolling 30 day contract.

Broken Hope

macrumors 68000
Jan 15, 2015
View attachment 781682 Ordered at around 8.10am and money was instantly taken from my Visa Debit.

Interestingly, while on the phone to EE about my phone upgrade they told me I will have to buy an E-SIM for the watch from somewhere on the high street eg Argos and activate it that way, as they dont do the e-sims themselves. Is that right ? She said the offer is 3 months free data then 10GB a month on a rolling 30 day contract.

The eSIM is literally soldered to the circuit board of the Watch.

You add a data plan via the Watch App, log into MyEE within the app and choose the plan.

Yeah it’s 3 months free then £5 a month for 10GB.

Reactions: hop

philipc121

macrumors regular
Sep 28, 2009
London, UK
Anyone picking up rather than opting for delivery will be stuck on 'Processing' until Wed/Thurs I believe based on past experiences.

Makes me wish I'd opted for delivery — tracking is part of the fun! Will keep an eye out for everyone else posting their tracking info over the next few days!

Reactions: johnyslats

Toonartist

macrumors 6502
Sep 19, 2017
Newcastle Upon Tyne
Interesting. Mine is still ‘Processing’ (44 SBSS)

Same here..... I have the 44 SBSS being delivered (still in progress) and a 44SB Aluminium for pickup on launch day. I just can't decide which to get.... so ordered both but the SS was only available for delivery.

If the Apple shop can swap the 44SB Aluminium for the 44 Silver version then I may keep both and give the silver one to my wife..... she's expecting the Silver 42 Series 3 for here birthday.... not sure they'll swap it though.

PHILIP1193

macrumors regular
Dec 1, 2007
View attachment 781682 Ordered at around 8.10am and money was instantly taken from my Visa Debit.

I had the series 3 and adding the contract to my account was a massive PITA, it was new though. Fair play to EE they kept trying to get it right and eventually it went well.

Now i already have it on my account i dont suspect i'll get any issues with my new watch.

hop

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 10, 2008
View attachment 781682
This is literally the most absurdly hilarious CS fail I've seen.

Pagemakers

macrumors 68030
Mar 28, 2008
Manchester UK
The eSIM is literally soldered to the circuit board of the Watch.

You add a data plan via the Watch App, log into MyEE within the app and choose the plan.

Yeah it’s 3 months free then £5 a month for 10GB.

I had the EE 3 months free on my previous series 3 watch and cancelled it as soon as it lapsed. I have my phone everywhere I go so seperate data for my watch was pointless (I had to buy cellular for the sapphire glass). In the 3 month period (may have been 6 at the time) I think I used about 1-3MB of data in total if that!!

Not sure why there is an additional charge, after all you can tether for free.

rain111

macrumors 65816
Sep 19, 2012
UK
Order Apple Watch Series 4 GPS + Cellular, 44mm Space Black Stainless Steel Case with Space Black Milanese Loop, and arriving Friday with my iPhone

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    66.6 KB · Views: 203

Broken Hope

macrumors 68000
Jan 15, 2015
I had the EE 3 months free on my previous series 3 watch and cancelled it as soon as it lapsed. I have my phone everywhere I go so seperate data for my watch was pointless (I had to buy cellular for the sapphire glass). In the 3 month period (may have been 6 at the time) I think I used about 1-3MB of data in total if that!!

Not sure why there is an additional charge, after all you can tether for free.

Because it’s an additional line on your account with its own number.

I leave my phone at home all the time and just go out with my watch to listen to music and such, I’ll make extensive use of the LTE feature.

avon75

macrumors newbie
Mar 3, 2011
Because it’s an additional line on your account with its own number.

I leave my phone at home all the time and just go out with my watch to listen to music and such, I’ll make extensive use of the LTE feature.
But when someone calls your phone, it gets diverted to the watch, as do sending and receiving text (not iMessage) messages ?

Jinjin

macrumors G3
Mar 22, 2011
London, UK.
So all the PFD devices are the ones for home delivery it seems?

IIRC the ones going to store for collection not likely to see much change until the night before they are in store (or something similar with the phones last year)

Reactions: johnyslats

seadoo180

macrumors newbie
Sep 14, 2018
UK
Anyone else gone with Vodafone? the deal i got compared to what a friend got offered with EE seems almost too good to be true...
I have a 12 month sim only contract with them, as an existing customer they offered me the 40 or 44m LTE version at £22.95 p/m over 24 months, zero upfront. Totals to £550.80 which is barely any different to buying it outirght? Granted the watch uses allowed from my main contract but that's all good as i have plenty of data on it... seems pretty decent unless i've missed something?!

Cheers

The Game 161

macrumors Nehalem
Dec 15, 2010
UK
Anyone else gone with Vodafone? the deal i got compared to what a friend got offered with EE seems almost too good to be true...
I have a 12 month sim only contract with them, as an existing customer they offered me the 40 or 44m LTE version at £22.95 p/m over 24 months, zero upfront. Totals to £550.80 which is barely any different to buying it outirght? Granted the watch uses allowed from my main contract but that's all good as i have plenty of data on it... seems pretty decent unless i've missed something?!

Cheers
Given it’s £29.99 a month with EE yeah I say that’s a damn good deal

Bexx

macrumors regular
Apr 4, 2012
UK
Ordered mine from Very - they had Sept 22 delivery dates at 10am (guessing they won't ship until launch day, hence being a day behind). I used them last year for the iPhone X and it arrived on launch day!

Might be worth having a look if you're after a watch ASAP as they still have some variants available for delivery by the 24th.

I've order the gold aluminium 44mm with pink sand strap. Fancy something a bit bolder than my space grey S1 and most of my straps should still look good with it.

Reactions: ohms12
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.