Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Hustle

macrumors 6502a
Jul 29, 2007
USA
I ordered the Nike Space Grey 44MM LTE version at 8:07am.

Delivery stating 5th Oct.

Not too bothered, but I'm still optimistic for a 21st Sep delivery date.

hop

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 10, 2008
Apple Pay via Starling pulled this chicanery on me this morning, so Monzo might not be above it!

Sorry to hear that, though I actually checked with them ahead of time and they said it'd be cool, and I don't see any annoyed people on their forums/Twitter. Of course mine isn't via Pay and still has a 1-8th delivery date so I could still be proved wrong..

Last edited:

JamesHP

macrumors 6502a
Feb 6, 2010
Manchester, UK
I noticed that Apple stopped selling the Classic Buckle straps so I've got a 42mm 'B' condition Saddle Brown one from CeX for £45. Think they're out now but that's my favourite strap and my current one is getting a bit worn so wanted to make sure I have another one to go to!

KarimLeVallois

macrumors 68020
Feb 22, 2014
London
I noticed that Apple stopped selling the Classic Buckle straps so I've got a 42mm 'B' condition Saddle Brown one from CeX for £45. Think they're out now but that's my favourite strap and my current one is getting a bit worn so wanted to make sure I have another one to go to!

Why the hell did they remove those bands?!

hop

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 10, 2008
Ah yes for non launch day stock. Others may come forward... soz

We can hope.

giphy.gif

Reactions: karljolly

JamesHP

macrumors 6502a
Feb 6, 2010
Manchester, UK
Why the hell did they remove those bands?!

No idea, they always looked the best! They've brought back the modern buckle ones but they're only for 40mm watches, so unless you want the leather loop (which I don't like) or Hermès (waaaay too expensive) you're out of luck for leather bands for the 44 direct through Apple!

johnyslats

macrumors 68020
Mar 14, 2012
Yorkshire, UK
There’s a chance I’ll have to go into work during my pickup window for my watch. Do you think I’ll be able to change it to an earlier time?
Never seen anyone officially get reallocated to an earlier slot. However stores have been known to be flexible. Just don't turn up at 8am or lunchtime for a 4pm pickup as they'll be rushed off their feet. However picking up later is no problem and they'll hold onto your watch (for I think 21 days) anyway

mysteryman

macrumors newbie
Oct 30, 2015
Ordered a few minutes after 8am and my SS Watch is down for delivery between 1-8th October. What’s the chances of this moving forward?

KarimLeVallois

macrumors 68020
Feb 22, 2014
London
Ordered a few minutes after 8am and my SS Watch is down for delivery between 1-8th October. What’s the chances of this moving forward?

Same, when I ordered said 21/09, but the email says the same date as you... I’m hoping it’ll move forward a bit at least.

azdolan

macrumors regular
Jun 21, 2017
Dundee, Scotland
Never seen anyone officially get reallocated to an earlier slot. However stores have been known to be flexible. Just don't turn up at 8am or lunchtime for a 4pm pickup as they'll be rushed off their feet. However picking up later is no problem and they'll hold onto your watch (for I think 21 days) anyway
Thanks! I’ll see what they can do :)

KarimLeVallois

macrumors 68020
Feb 22, 2014
London
There’s a chance I’ll have to go into work during my pickup window for my watch. Do you think I’ll be able to change it to an earlier time?

I thought the pickup times for launch day were run with military precision and you had to be there at your allotted time or you miss out. It has been like that in London anyway, separate queuing and everything... You may be luckier up North though, so fingers crossed for you mate.

Reactions: johnyslats

Picapau21

macrumors 6502a
Apr 26, 2015
I thought the pickup times for launch day were run with military precision and you had to be there at your allotted time or you miss out. It has been like that in London anyway, separate queuing and everything... You may be luckier up North though, so fingers crossed for you mate.

I picked up from the Covent Garden store last year on launch day and it was shambolic. I had preordered at a set time slot which I though would mean that I could grab my phone and make it on time to work. Boy was I wrong!!! The pre order time is the time Apple graciously allowed me to join a huge pre order queue. Took over an hour to get into the store!! Needless to say was late for work. Never going to pre order for store pickup on launch day ever again.

KarimLeVallois

macrumors 68020
Feb 22, 2014
London
I picked up from the Covent Garden store last year on launch day and it was shambolic. I had preordered at a set time slot which I though would mean that I could grab my phone and make it on time to work. Boy was I wrong!!! The pre order time is the time Apple graciously allowed me to join a huge pre order queue. Took over an hour to get into the store!! Needless to say was late for work. Never going to pre order for store pickup on launch day ever again.

It’ll be worse this year as Regent Street is the only one open. Much easier getting it delivered to work lol

Picapau21

macrumors 6502a
Apr 26, 2015
It’ll be worse this year as Regent Street is the only one open. Much easier getting it delivered to work lol

Yeah. Gonna be absolute chaos!!

I orders to my home and will just go collect from the depot in the evening or Saturday morning. Much less stressful than trying to explain to work why I was late o_O

KarimLeVallois

macrumors 68020
Feb 22, 2014
London
Yeah. Gonna be absolute chaos!!

I orders to my home and will just go collect from the depot in the evening or Saturday morning. Much less stressful than trying to explain to work why I was late o_O

Yeah, they already call me the in-house Apple Genius at work, so they’d think I was a right fanboy waiting in line.
[doublepost=1537009078][/doublepost]
My watch has been dispatched! It’s on its way!

Mine is still processing, sad times!

Picapau21

macrumors 6502a
Apr 26, 2015
Yeah, they already call me the in-house Apple Genius at work, so they’d think I was a right fanboy waiting in line.
[doublepost=1537009078][/doublepost]

Mine is still processing, sad times!

Lol. I can’t handle queuing anymore. Get so impatient.

Dave245

macrumors G3
Sep 15, 2013
Lol. I can’t handle queuing anymore. Get so impatient.

I never get the point as to why people still stand outside an Apple store queuing these days, we can literally pre-order online for all the devices that come out (iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch even Mac's i think).

Not judging anyone here before someone takes offence! i'm just saying i personally don't see the point in standing outside. I personally love the pre-order build up of ordering online.

Anyone else think we are going to see an October event with more stuff? be interesting to see if pre-orders happen for the iPad or Mac's, i'm not sure if Apple do it for Mac's anymore tho.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.