Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mr.C

macrumors 603
Apr 3, 2011
London, UK.
Why the hell did they remove those bands?!
Presumably too many cheap options from third parties, so not enough people bought direct?

It's not because of that. Apple has a tendency to discontinue bands and introduce new ones. They've been doing that ever since the first Apple Watch release. I was going to buy the Nike nylon black band as the standard black nylon band I have is not pure black like the Nike one. I never got around to it and now the Nike one has been discontinued.

Last edited:

KarimLeVallois

macrumors 68020
Feb 22, 2014
London
It's not because of that. Apple has a tendency to discontinue bands and introduce new ones. They've been doing that ever since the first Apple Watch release. I was going to buy the Nike nylon black band as the standard black nylon band I have is not pre black like the Nike one. I never got around to it and now the Nike one has been discontinued.

Yeah, they are known for doing that, but not usually a whole style, just colours... Well, apart from the modern buckle that made a comeback lol

Reactions: danmart

Mr.C

macrumors 603
Apr 3, 2011
London, UK.
I ended up pre-ordering my 44mm Stainless Steel with white sport band a little late as my priority was the iPhone Xs Max which I preordered first. The iPhone is due foe delivery on the 21st but my watch has an estimated delivery window of 1st Oct. to 8th Oct. which is annoying. I've got a quote from Envirophone for my watch but it's only good until the 26th of this month unless they decide to extend it.

daijholt

macrumors 65816
Jun 14, 2013
Wales, UK
Well it's been a while! I haven't been in a preorder thread for a few years now, but it's good to be back.

On that note....Gold Stainless 40mm with the sport band.

I owned the polished stainless Series 0 and Series 2, and also a space black S2, so the gold is a welcome change of taste this year.

Got a while to wait on mine though, October 8th because I had a million things to do preorder morning and didn't get the chance to order early. :\

geachy92

macrumors regular
Oct 24, 2012
UK
Pre-ordered a 44mm SG Aluminium Nike+ model, black luminescent sport band with cellular. Gutting they take until Oct 5th to ship, but I'm on holiday when the regular ones are released anyway.

Had a panic moment during pre-order when it asked me for the 3 digit security code on my card; I didn't know it and the card was at home. Gave it a guess and got it right first time!

ipaqowner

macrumors regular
Sep 16, 2006
I'm on holiday from the UK in Orlando, Florida at the moment.
I want an S4 44mm in Gold but couldn't pre-order on the US Apple website as it won't let you use a UK credit card.
I found out too late I could have bought an Apple gift card and used that online to pre-order.
The Apple store in the Florida Mall is opening 2 hours earlier than usual next Friday (8am) for pre-orders etc.
Is it worth an early rise?
Does anyone know if they're likely to have stock for walk-in customers who haven't pre-ordered?

daijholt

macrumors 65816
Jun 14, 2013
Wales, UK
I'm on holiday from the UK in Orlando, Florida at the moment.
I want an S4 44mm in Gold but couldn't pre-order on the US Apple website as it won't let you use a UK credit card.
I found out too late I could have bought an Apple gift card and used that online to pre-order.
The Apple store in the Florida Mall is opening 2 hours earlier than usual next Friday (8am) for pre-orders etc.
Is it worth an early rise?
Does anyone know if they're likely to have stock for walk-in customers who haven't pre-ordered?
I'd say yes its totally worth it, but just remember that a cellular watch bought in the states won't work for 4g in the UK. if you're getting the gps only model though then you should definitely grab one from Florida.

drpellypo

macrumors 6502a
Nov 19, 2007
Northumberland, UK
Well it's been a while! I haven't been in a preorder thread for a few years now, but it's good to be back.

On that note....Gold Stainless 40mm with the sport band.

I owned the polished stainless Series 0 and Series 2, and also a space black S2, so the gold is a welcome change of taste this year.

Got a while to wait on mine though, October 8th because I had a million things to do preorder morning and didn't get the chance to order early. :\

Same here! In fact I think my last time was the original Apple Watch!

m11rphy

macrumors 6502a
Dec 26, 2009
Hi guys as anyone been able to order a Series 4 Stainless Steel from EE, no one in store can find away to order one

danmart

macrumors 68000
Apr 24, 2015
Lancs, UK
Hi guys as anyone been able to order a Series 4 Stainless Steel from EE, no one in store can find away to order one
Looking on their website they only have Aluminium Watches in Series 4 at the moment. There are some S3 models in steel, so maybe that would change in future?

Hustle

macrumors 6502a
Jul 29, 2007
USA
Argos are showing 21st delivery for the SS 44MM LTE version. Very are showing 24th. Apple are showing 3-4 weeks.

Out of Argos/Very, who's most likely to deliver on their stated dates if I ordered now?

Bryan839

macrumors regular
Jun 17, 2010
UK
Argos are showing 21st delivery for the SS 44MM LTE version. Very are showing 24th. Apple are showing 3-4 weeks.

Out of Argos/Very, who's most likely to deliver on their stated dates if I ordered now?

What’s the link for argos. I can’t find it

Malcster

macrumors 6502a
Apr 26, 2005
Bristol, UK
44mm Stainless Steel with White Sport band, due for delivery on 21/9. (at Preparing for Disptach)

I was worried about the size until I just found the old Pebble smartwatch I used to wear which is huge in comparison!

Hustle

macrumors 6502a
Jul 29, 2007
USA
Ah that’s the aluminium one! Thought you meant stainless steel!

Oops, sorry, my mistake. I did mean the aluminium one. :)

I've just placed an order with Argos, it says 21st delivery. I've also got one ordered through Apple, but it's 3-4 weeks delivery.

Will see which gets dispatched first and cancel the other.

johnyslats

macrumors 68020
Mar 14, 2012
Yorkshire, UK
Mine has despatched, woo!
Hermès edition by any chance? Seem to be coming a different route to the rest. Was hoping those of us on PFD since Friday may have been able to track their flights but suspect it’ll be Wednesday now before they’re released from the UK distribution centre

yegon

Cancelled
Oct 20, 2007
Hermès edition by any chance? Seem to be coming a different route to the rest. Was hoping those of us on PFD since Friday may have been able to track their flights but suspect it’ll be Wednesday now before they’re released from the UK distribution centre

Yes. Single tour deployment.

Tracking currently takes me to that circa 1990s Web 1.0 Syncreon page that always appears (at least for me) at the earliest stage.

Unfortunately, it’s UKMail and not UPS, bah! Not had great experience with them in the past.

Last edited:
Reactions: johnyslats

leebroath

macrumors 65816
Jul 26, 2010
Scotland
Unfortunately, it’s UKMail and not UPS, bah! Not had great experience with them in the past.

I put UKMail in the very same bracket as Yodel

Absolutely useless and couldn’t give a crap about good service!

UPS and DPD are the main best courier companies in UK

KarimLeVallois

macrumors 68020
Feb 22, 2014
London
I put UKMail in the very same bracket as Yodel

Absolutely useless and couldn’t give a crap about good service!

UPS and DPD are the main best courier companies in UK

Meh, I’ve had many issues with UPS in the past, late deliveries, drivers lying about trying to deliver, wrong statuses, staff stealing my stuff from inside the package...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.