Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

yegon

Cancelled
Oct 20, 2007
I put UKMail in the very same bracket as Yodel

Absolutely useless and couldn’t give a crap about good service!

UPS and DPD are the main best courier companies in UK

Definitely. DPD have always been great, give you a time slot and stick to it.

UKMail, I’ve had time slot between 9am and 7pm (duh!), that have never come. I foresee me picking it up from depot Monday 24th unfortunately. We shall see.

UPS has always been good for me, no time slot, but always seem to appear between 1 and 2pm. Same guy too, in the early iPhone days he once said, “I knew I’d be coming here today” lol.

Reactions: Mr.C

KarimLeVallois

macrumors 68020
Feb 22, 2014
London
Sorry to hear that mate, never had a problem with UPS here

They seem to be crap in London
[doublepost=1537095569][/doublepost]

UKMail, I’ve had time slot between 9am and 7pm (duh!), that have never come. I foresee me picking it up from depot Monday 24th unfortunately. We shall see.

UPS has always been good for me, no time slot, but always seem to appear between 1 and 2pm. Same guy too, in the early iPhone days he once said, “I knew I’d be coming here today” lol.

DPD are by far the best, here anyway.

The Game 161

macrumors Nehalem
Dec 15, 2010
UK

Agreed

This is why I’m glad DPD are delivering my XS max. Not sure who very use as that’s where I got my series 4 from.

Reactions: Mr.C

The Game 161

macrumors Nehalem
Dec 15, 2010
UK
Very and Yodel are part of the same company group...
Well it’s suppose to arrive next Saturday. Guess will.

Noticed the one I ordered on there has been removed as it’s out of stock. Seems they are going quickly on there.

ipaqowner

macrumors regular
Sep 16, 2006
I'd say yes its totally worth it, but just remember that a cellular watch bought in the states won't work for 4g in the UK. if you're getting the gps only model though then you should definitely grab one from Florida.

Thanks, yes I'm aware that the LTE versions can only be used in the country they're bought in and will be getting a GPS model.
I fly back to the UK on Saturday so Friday is my last chance to buy one here.

TJ82

macrumors 65816
Mar 8, 2012
UPS have super laggy tracking where I am, been that way for a few months now. A delivery can appear to not even have reached your depot, but is actually out for delivery. It's not some intermittent issue either, it's every single time now.

DPD are brilliant though, love their live tracking and time slots.

KarimLeVallois

macrumors 68020
Feb 22, 2014
London
UPS have super laggy tracking where I am, been that way for a few months now. A delivery can appear to not even have reached your depot, but is actually out for delivery. It's not some intermittent issue either, it's every single time now.

DPD are brilliant though, love their live tracking and time slots.

Agree, UPS are rubbish in Central London for example.

Hustle

macrumors 6502a
Jul 29, 2007
USA
I have Apple Care on my S3 LTE version, which I've claimed on once for a cracked screen.

I believe I cannot get a pro-rota refund as I've now claimed, however can I sell the watch with Apple Care and transfer it over to the new owner?

mcwolf

macrumors newbie
Apr 17, 2015
Shannon, Ireland
Anybody from Ireland here ordering with parcel motel?
Order placed 08:19, as my priority was Xs Max from Irish apple store.
We got no eSim support in country yet, so SS watches aren’t available.
Email show delivery 1-8 October, order still at “processing items”.
Hopefully Apple will not cancel it.

gadgets.loco

macrumors regular
Nov 28, 2012
Brum, UK
Anyone know if the UK Apple stores strictly enforce the appointments? I opted for the last time slot on Sept 21 not realising they will be open @ 8AM, I wonder if I can just pick up when they open

KrisLord

macrumors 68000
Sep 12, 2008
Northumberland, UK
I have Apple Care on my S3 LTE version, which I've claimed on once for a cracked screen.

I believe I cannot get a pro-rota refund as I've now claimed, however can I sell the watch with Apple Care and transfer it over to the new owner?

Correct, you can’t get a refund as the repair cost was more than the pro-rata refund.

I don’t see anything in the terms saying you can’t transfer the policy.

Section 11 covers it (been reading it today as I’m selling my S3)

https://www.apple.com/legal/sales-support/applecare/applecareplus/docs/applecareplus_uk_tc.html

KrisLord

macrumors 68000
Sep 12, 2008
Northumberland, UK
My S3 Cellular has sold on eBay today for £300, after less than 24 hours.

I expected it to take a bit longer, it now means I’ve no watch until Friday.

My arm already feels like it’s missing something!

purpleparrotuk

macrumors 65816
Jun 26, 2010
My S3 Cellular has sold on eBay today for £300, after less than 24 hours.

I expected it to take a bit longer, it now means I’ve no watch until Friday.

My arm already feels like it’s missing something!

I know what you mean. Only been without my series 2 for 1 day and I feel like I have lost my arm.

Jinjin

macrumors G3
Mar 22, 2011
London, UK.

Yeah you can. Need to do this tonight as I sold mine today. Supposedly just need name and address of the new owner. Will see how it goes later

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.