Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

hop

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 10, 2008
It's not an Pay issue, it's a paranoid dumb financial institution issue (this is why I skipped using my credit card and paid with Monzo this year).

rossy100

macrumors 6502
Mar 23, 2011
It’s the last time I use Apple Pay for large amounts on the Apple store.

To everyone having Issues with Apple Pay transactions - I have had this for last couple of years with launch day orders.

To resolve you need to call Apple Store and get them to process card details over phone. They need to remove the Apple payment method from the order and then reapply the card details.

Trying to pay with different cards won’t make any difference (unless issue is that bank have blocked - but sounds like you have ruled that out already).

The original order and delivery time should all be absolutely fine.

Reactions: Jinjin

costellomusic

macrumors newbie
Sep 20, 2016
If anyone still didn’t know what models Vodafone were doing it’s the following

S4 44mm Space Grey Aluminium
S4 40mm Gold Aluminium
(both models have slipped to a extended wait times (+4 weeks))

S3 42MM SG Aluminium
S3 38MM Silver Aluminium

If someone wants just service from them it’s £5 a month on a 24m contract and 6 months free. That’ll be live from the 21st. And you’re best popping into a store because they’ll be better equipped to help you.

Reactions: hop

purpleparrotuk

macrumors 65816
Jun 26, 2010
To everyone having Issues with Apple Pay transactions - I have had this for last couple of years with launch day orders.

To resolve you need to call Apple Store and get them to process card details over phone. They need to remove the Apple payment method from the order and then reapply the card details.

Trying to pay with different cards won’t make any difference (unless issue is that bank have blocked - but sounds like you have ruled that out already).

The original order and delivery time should all be absolutely fine.

Thanks. Sod’s law they try and take payment when they are closed.

rossy100

macrumors 6502
Mar 23, 2011
Thanks. Sod’s law they try and take payment when they are closed.

Will be absolutely fine tomorrow. I wouldn’t worry. You will still get on Friday. I’ve had this same stress last 2 years!!!

Out of interest - what status is your order currently showing? Order Placed or Order in Progress??

purpleparrotuk

macrumors 65816
Jun 26, 2010
Will be absolutely fine tomorrow. I wouldn’t worry. You will still get on Friday. I’ve had this same stress last 2 years!!!

Out of interest - what status is your order currently showing? Order Placed or Order in Progress??

It says awaiting payment. Due to pick 2 up Friday.

KrisLord

macrumors 68000
Sep 12, 2008
Northumberland, UK

S4 40mm Gold Aluminium

S3 42MM SG Aluminium
S3 38MM Silver Aluminium

If someone wants just service from them it’s £5 a month on a 24m contract and 6 months free. That’ll be live from the 21st. And you’re best popping into a store because they’ll be better equipped to help you.

Is it really a 24 month contract? I assumed the £5 was a monthly add on to whatever iPhone contract you had.

I’m with EE and considering a 12 month sim only deal city Vodafone.

costellomusic

macrumors newbie
Sep 20, 2016
Is it really a 24 month contract? I assumed the £5 was a monthly add on to whatever iPhone contract you had.

I’m with EE and considering a 12 month sim only deal city Vodafone.

Forgive me, only a 30 day plan. As it doesn’t launch until the 21st there wasn’t a confirmation. It is a 30 day plan. But you’d get that confirmed when you signed up.

Reactions: KrisLord

david_gla

macrumors newbie
Sep 16, 2018

S4 40mm Gold Aluminium

S3 42MM SG Aluminium
S3 38MM Silver Aluminium

Thanks. Do you know if you will stock the Nike version in future? I believe the release date is later than the other S4’s?

costellomusic

macrumors newbie
Sep 20, 2016
Thanks. Do you know if you will stock the Nike version in future? I believe the release date is later than the other S4’s?

I would imagine when more stock frees up from Apple, they'll start being able to sell other models including Nike and SS models. (Theres a higher price plan in place - I reckon for the SS models)

yegon

Cancelled
Oct 20, 2007
Mine, too, but are you seeing any tracking information yet? Mine’s coming UKMail.

No, just sends me to that Syncreon page which says something like “not registered with carrier yet”.

Expect it will update on Tuesday or so.

joe-1110

macrumors newbie
Sep 14, 2018
Still holding out some hope, although it's now dwindling, that I will get a launch day delivery! My order is still sat at 'Order in Progress' with a delivery date of 24 Sep - 26 Sep! I wouldn't mind so much, but I've seen people who ordered the same model as me after I did and they have 21 Sep deliveries!

Dave245

macrumors G3
Sep 15, 2013
My SS Space Black is still stuck on "Order in progress" hopefully it will change today, my delivery date is 21st.

MrGimper

macrumors G3
Sep 22, 2012
Andover, UK
Anyone with a delivery date later than the 21st seen a bump up on their delivery date? Guessing it's too soon for that to happen. I'm on 1-8 Oct (SS 44mm)

MrGimper

macrumors G3
Sep 22, 2012
Andover, UK
Too early, I think you’ll start to see people being bumped Tuesday onwards

Yeah, was thinking similar. I'm hoping that I can snag one in-store on Friday when I pick up my Max on iUP.

My wife missed out on getting her Xs on pre-order, but all the signs seem to indicate there will be plenty of stock of that so hoping she can get hers on the iUP at the same time

leebroath

macrumors 65816
Jul 26, 2010
Scotland
You were still getting the Xs Space Grey and Gold 256gb versions still for 21st delivery a day after, so yeh I’m pretty sure you’ll get one

I don’t think we will have a problem with scalpers this year

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.