Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JamesHP

macrumors 6502a
Feb 6, 2010
Manchester, UK
Anyone with a delivery date later than the 21st seen a bump up on their delivery date? Guessing it's too soon for that to happen. I'm on 1-8 Oct (SS 44mm)

Not yet - same delivery estimate. As I say, gonna give JL a shot with it if I don't get bumped by Thursday, as I'm in Germany for the first three days of my estimated delivery window.

azing

macrumors 65816
Sep 18, 2013
The North
Unfortunate to see a few people with Apple Pay issues. I'm picking up from the store on Friday and the full charge is showing in pending on my bank statement now, it wasn't when I first placed the order. Used Apple Pay so I guess it's just different banks.

purpleparrotuk

macrumors 65816
Jun 26, 2010
Unfortunate to see a few people with Apple Pay issues. I'm picking up from the store on Friday and the full charge is showing in pending on my bank statement now, it wasn't when I first placed the order. Used Apple Pay so I guess it's just different banks.

Monzo would have been ok via Apple Pay. Not Lloyd’s though.

azing

macrumors 65816
Sep 18, 2013
The North
Monzo would have been ok via Apple Pay. Not Lloyd’s though.
I used Tesco Bank without issues for this pre-order. Had problems with Halifax (Lloyd's banking group) in the past too, declined payments over £30 with Apple Pay. Never had issues, with Tesco, First Direct or Santander though.

MrGimper

macrumors G3
Sep 22, 2012
Andover, UK
Not yet - same delivery estimate. As I say, gonna give JL a shot with it if I don't get bumped by Thursday, as I'm in Germany for the first three days of my estimated delivery window.

I assume you're Aluminium? I've not seen a 3rd party selling/pre-ordering anything other than the Aluminium models

GadgetBen

macrumors 68000
Jul 8, 2015
London
Big news for anyone who hasn't ordered, it appears that Apple has supplied only aluminium watches to all other UK retailers for release day.

I've checked with quite a few retailers this morning: Currys, Very, Argos, iStore, Carphone Warehouse, EE and many more are only advertising the Aluminium watches. No word from John Lewis. Vodafone are still claiming that they will have stainless steel...

It would have been nice to know about this beforehand, then I could have ordered from Apple!

JSRinUK

macrumors regular
Sep 17, 2018
Greater London, UK
Newbie here. I've never ordered a new Apple item before, but I ordered a 44mm Series 4 (Space Grey, Nike+, Sport Loop) as soon as the app would let me. Figured if I was going to wait a week for the regular series 4, another couple of weeks wasn't going to make a big difference.

My order status says "Delivers 5 Oct by Standard Shipping". Content to wait, but getting more eager with anticipation by the day...

gadgets.loco

macrumors regular
Nov 28, 2012
Brum, UK
Apple took the money last night. So Friday should be guaranteed.
Same here, now just have to wait patiently
[doublepost=1537179807][/doublepost]
Newbie here. I've never ordered a new Apple item before, but I ordered a 44mm Series 4 (Space Grey, Nike+, Sport Loop) as soon as the app would let me. Figured if I was going to wait a week for the regular series 4, another couple of weeks wasn't going to make a big difference.

My order status says "Delivers 5 Oct by Standard Shipping". Content to wait, but getting more eager with anticipation by the day...
The Nike series has a delayed launch date of Oct 5

https://www.macrumors.com/2018/09/13/apple-watch-series-4-nike-later-launch-date/

Reactions: nortonandreev

ukms

macrumors demi-god
Apr 21, 2015
Dubai, UAE
Big news for anyone who hasn't ordered, it appears that Apple has supplied only aluminium watches to all other UK retailers for release day.

I've checked with quite a few retailers this morning: Currys, Very, Argos, iStore, Carphone Warehouse, EE and many more are only advertising the Aluminium watches. No word from John Lewis. Vodafone are still claiming that they will have stainless steel...

It would have been nice to know about this beforehand, then I could have ordered from Apple!

John Lewis have all SS models listed.

Toonartist

macrumors 6502
Sep 19, 2017
Newcastle Upon Tyne
Don't worry, it can switch from Order in Progress to Preparing for Dispatch, to Dispatched in the blink of an eye. And, they only need to ship sometime on late Wednesday/Early Thursday to arrive on time

Excellent...The one that is being delivered (SS SB) is for me but I have a couple of others (for my wife) who couldn't make her mind up.... so, I've a ordered two others that were available to pickup as well. Had to call the credit card company to say yeah, those three separate payments to apple are legit :D I feel it's going to be a busy Friday.... but not in terms of work!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.