Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mrklaw

macrumors 68030
Jan 29, 2008
Anyone else's Vodafone order number showing on their checker yet? I've had 3 emails from them, but order number doesn't show up, and no text message.

nope - mine shows a 'invalid order' but the CS just say it won't change until stock arrives. Also no promises as to when I'll get it. Preorder was fairly painless (rang around 10am as I was driving at 8am).

did they give you any options on colour? I ordered a black aluminium 44mm but want the woven band - had a sport band previously so want to try something new, but VF didn't ask me for choice of band.
[doublepost=1537201830][/doublepost]
If anyone still didn’t know what models Vodafone were doing it’s the following

S4 44mm Space Grey Aluminium
S4 40mm Gold Aluminium
(both models have slipped to a extended wait times (+4 weeks))

S3 42MM SG Aluminium
S3 38MM Silver Aluminium

If someone wants just service from them it’s £5 a month on a 24m contract and 6 months free. That’ll be live from the 21st. And you’re best popping into a store because they’ll be better equipped to help you.

Do you know when they slipped? I ordered 10am Friday (44mm space grey Alu). Also any info on band options? There are sport and woven for space grey but no option was given to me on the phone
[doublepost=1537202126][/doublepost]will London stores be likely to have walk-in stock? I already sold my series 3 so if I don't get a DPD notification on Thursday I might head in on Friday morning and then return the VF one when it eventually arrives. Had a nightmare returning an X last year - the shop lost it and it took a few months to get it removed from my bill.
[doublepost=1537202408][/doublepost]
Anyone else gone with Vodafone? the deal i got compared to what a friend got offered with EE seems almost too good to be true...
I have a 12 month sim only contract with them, as an existing customer they offered me the 40 or 44m LTE version at £22.95 p/m over 24 months, zero upfront. Totals to £550.80 which is barely any different to buying it outirght? Granted the watch uses allowed from my main contract but that's all good as i have plenty of data on it... seems pretty decent unless i've missed something?!

Cheers

How did you get this? I rang them up last week and they said the standard £22pm for 6 months, then £27pm. I'm also on a 12 month sim only contract.
edit: Hmm - £27 - 15% off for a new line. That adds up. will have to contact CS and see what happens.

Last edited:

spinstorm

macrumors 68000
Sep 14, 2007
My Hermes shipped and I have a DPD number - but it doesn’t show anything. I think therefore that any watches already shipped are coming from China and the tracking is the tracking once it is re-shipped when in the UK by (in my case) DPD.

I know that Apple did this before with iPhones a few years ago - I don’t recall how to track them before DPD pick them up, but I am sure there was a way.

profmjh

macrumors 68000
Mar 7, 2015
UK
My Hermes shipped and I have a DPD number - but it doesn’t show anything. I think therefore that any watches already shipped are coming from China and the tracking is the tracking once it is re-shipped when in the UK by (in my case) DPD.

I know that Apple did this before with iPhones a few years ago - I don’t recall how to track them before DPD pick them up, but I am sure there was a way.

Ugh. I’m really bitter now. Mine’s coming UKMail.

mrklaw

macrumors 68030
Jan 29, 2008
Tried VF CS and they seem to think I'll be charged £22.50 per month for the watch as an existing customer. not sure how that works out - it isn't 15% off the 22pm + 27pm combined. Oh well, lets see. VF are often a bit of a nightmare but I'll take an overall cost of £540 including network access

Hustle

macrumors 6502a
Jul 29, 2007
USA
Argos are mentioning on Twitter delivery is on release day, Friday. Their website still states 21st as well.

Last year, they let everyone down with pre-orders on the X. They sent an email on release day stating it was delayed.

We'll see what happens this year. I've ordered through Argos, as well as Apple (5th Oct delivery).
[doublepost=1537210319][/doublepost]For those of you who are looking to trade in your Apple Watch S3, Music Magpie are giving £220 for the S3 LTE version using code Tech10.

hop

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 10, 2008
Mine still saying "processing " 8th - 15th October
Should it still be saying processing?

Yes. Only people with 21st dates seem to have moved beyond that status. Mine's a 1 Oct - 8 Oct one and it's still stuck on processing.

TorontoSS

macrumors 65816
Nov 9, 2009
Awesome, thanks for confirming! I must have dealt with an idiot who didn't have a clue!!

From my understanding if you purchase it online you can open and return it. This includes paying for it online and picking up in store and this includes every retailer not just John Lewis. But if you buy in store I believe it can’t be opened.

Hope this helps.

limesmoothie

macrumors 6502a
Apr 20, 2009
Edinburgh, Scotland
nope - mine shows a 'invalid order' but the CS just say it won't change until stock arrives. Also no promises as to when I'll get it. Preorder was fairly painless (rang around 10am as I was driving at 8am).

did they give you any options on colour? I ordered a black aluminium 44mm but want the woven band - had a sport band previously so want to try something new, but VF didn't ask me for choice of band.
[doublepost=1537201830][/doublepost]

Do you know when they slipped? I ordered 10am Friday (44mm space grey Alu). Also any info on band options? There are sport and woven for space grey but no option was given to me on the phone
[doublepost=1537202126][/doublepost]will London stores be likely to have walk-in stock? I already sold my series 3 so if I don't get a DPD notification on Thursday I might head in on Friday morning and then return the VF one when it eventually arrives. Had a nightmare returning an X last year - the shop lost it and it took a few months to get it removed from my bill.
[doublepost=1537202408][/doublepost]

How did you get this? I rang them up last week and they said the standard £22pm for 6 months, then £27pm. I'm also on a 12 month sim only contract.
edit: Hmm - £27 - 15% off for a new line. That adds up. will have to contact CS and see what happens.

I specified that I wanted Gold, so they told me they only had 40mm. Claimed it would be delivered for 21st...no choice of band was offered, but I have all the bands from my 38mm Series 3, so wasn't too fussed. Just want to get it delivered asap, as I have a buyer for my Series 3.

Toonartist

macrumors 6502
Sep 19, 2017
Newcastle Upon Tyne
I have one delivery for the 21st still at Processing and one for pickup at processing. Payment taken for pickup but not for the delivery one. No attempt has been made to take the payment for the delivery one yet.

Bazooka-joe

macrumors 603
Mar 12, 2012
Swindon, England
I have one delivery for the 21st still at Processing and one for pickup at processing. Payment taken for pickup but not for the delivery one. No attempt has been made to take the payment for the delivery one yet.
Yep both my phone and watch are pending for payment. I don't think they will debit until thursday or Friday. I have an 8 to 8.30 appointment

Toonartist

macrumors 6502
Sep 19, 2017
Newcastle Upon Tyne
Yep both my phone and watch are pending for payment. I don't think they will debit until thursday or Friday. I have an 8 to 8.30 appointment

I have a pending payment for the full amount for the one I'm picking up.... just wish there was a pending payment for the one that is being delivered.... not often that I can't wait to see a large charge to appear on my credit card :D

purpleparrotuk

macrumors 65816
Jun 26, 2010
Just to warn people. Even though Apple fixed my payment method from Apple Pay to debit card this morning, I can longer use Apple Pay in the shops using my Lloyd’s card. Monzo still works. After endless calls to my bank they say nothing is wrong with my account. If I try to use it the Apple Pay machine declines it :-( looks like I’m stuffed. Tried removing it and readding it too

Bazooka-joe

macrumors 603
Mar 12, 2012
Swindon, England
Just to warn people. Even though Apple fixed my payment method from Apple Pay to debit card this morning, I can longer use Apple Pay in the shops using my Lloyd’s card. Monzo still works. After endless calls to my bank they say nothing is wrong with my account. If I try to use it the Apple Pay machine declines it :-( looks like I’m stuffed. Tried removing it and readding it too
Give Apple a call in the morning and see if they can see what has happened although i suspect it is a lloyds issue

hop

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 10, 2008

Ugh, good your order will go through, but maybe it's time to go #fullMonzo ;)

hot-chip_restrictions.gif

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.