Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

hop

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 10, 2008
Yep. Considering using Monzo more.

hot-chip_running.gif

(yeah, so I might find Hot Chip a little too adorable..)

leebroath

macrumors 65816
Jul 26, 2010
Scotland
I used my Lloyd’s card which was a rather large expense and the amount went through no problem, I never even received a text to confirm the payment

It then sat with a £1 pre authorisation check over the weekend, then full money was then taken out on Monday and the status changed to Preparing for Dispatch

Reactions: hop

Bexx

macrumors regular
Apr 4, 2012
UK
Argos are showing 21st delivery for the SS 44MM LTE version. Very are showing 24th. Apple are showing 3-4 weeks.

Out of Argos/Very, who's most likely to deliver on their stated dates if I ordered now?
Be careful with Argos. They sent last year’s iphone x using yodel and I believe they over-promised the stock too! Quite a few angry customers were on here not getting the launch day phone they were promised.

My iPhone X from Very arrived on launch day by Royal Mail special delivery. While I can’t be certain they’ll be the same this year, I certainly have high hopes.

Reactions: leebroath

purpleparrotuk

macrumors 65816
Jun 26, 2010
I used my Lloyd’s card which was a rather large expense and the amount went through no problem, I never even received a text to confirm the payment

It then sat with a £1 pre authorisation check over the weekend, then full money was then taken out on Monday and the status changed to Preparing for Dispatch

Via Apple Pay or visa?

costellomusic

macrumors newbie
Sep 20, 2016
nope - mine shows a 'invalid order' but the CS just say it won't change until stock arrives. Also no promises as to when I'll get it. Preorder was fairly painless (rang around 10am as I was driving at 8am).

did they give you any options on colour? I ordered a black aluminium 44mm but want the woven band - had a sport band previously so want to try something new, but VF didn't ask me for choice of band.
[doublepost=1537201830][/doublepost]

Do you know when they slipped? I ordered 10am Friday (44mm space grey Alu). Also any info on band options? There are sport and woven for space grey but no option was given to me on the phone
[doublepost=1537202126][/doublepost]will London stores be likely to have walk-in stock? I already sold my series 3 so if I don't get a DPD notification on Thursday I might head in on Friday morning and then return the VF one when it eventually arrives. Had a nightmare returning an X last year - the shop lost it and it took a few months to get it removed from my bill.
[doublepost=1537202408][/doublepost]

How did you get this? I rang them up last week and they said the standard £22pm for 6 months, then £27pm. I'm also on a 12 month sim only contract.
edit: Hmm - £27 - 15% off for a new line. That adds up. will have to contact CS and see what happens.

They didn’t slip until Saturday lunch, so you should still get it on launch.

Silicone bands only at the moment, no stores will get them on launch, but 100 stores will range early on.

Absolutely no way should the 15% have been added for a new line. That’s a dodgy agent on the phone. There’s no discounts on any new Apple productS with Vodafone this year. Including on the XS and S4 Watch.

Reactions: mrklaw

Bexx

macrumors regular
Apr 4, 2012
UK
Would you say you're Very hopeful?

Indeed!

I should add that Very do also use Yodel, which is why I’m having mine sent to my local post office. Too often Yodel don’t like the hassle of coming out to my tiny village for just one delivery and I’m not willing to risk it.

hop

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 10, 2008
I should add that Very do also use Yodel, which is why I’m having mine sent to my local post office. Too often Yodel don’t like the hassle of coming out to my tiny village for just one delivery and I’m not willing to risk it.

I live in the middle of a major city. It's not that it's a village, it's that it's Yodel ;).

Reactions: Bexx

Broken Hope

macrumors 68000
Jan 15, 2015
Indeed!

99% of the time they use Royal Mail for Apple stuff.

mrklaw

macrumors 68030
Jan 29, 2008
They didn’t slip until Saturday lunch, so you should still get it on launch.

Silicone bands only at the moment, no stores will get them on launch, but 100 stores will range early on.

Absolutely no way should the 15% have been added for a new line. That’s a dodgy agent on the phone. There’s no discounts on any new Apple productS with Vodafone this year. Including on the XS and S4 Watch.

How do VF handle discounts though (other than seemingly arbitrarily)? They loudly announce on their website and on the 'my vodafone' site about 15% off for new lines, new SIM only deals, new ipads etc. Yet if you look at SIM only, some aren't discounted - tried CS and they said they're already discounted. Yes but they're discounted for other people - the point of the customer discount is retention.

So it isn't 15% on everything - in fact it seems to be 15% on not very much.

onescoop

macrumors member
Jun 3, 2008
Has anyone else had their watch actually dispatch yet?
My 40mm aluminum with seashell band is still preparing for dispatch.
I've been charged as of 16 Sep.

Bexx

macrumors regular
Apr 4, 2012
UK
I live in the middle of a major city. It's not that it's a village, it's that it's Yodel ;).

This is sadly true.
99% of the time they use Royal Mail for Apple stuff.

It's that 1% that makes me nervous lol. My most recent Apple purchase from them was a Magic Trackpad in July. Heart sank when it was dispatched using Yodel and of course they bodged the delivery.

My iPhone X, Apple Watch S1 and Airpods however were all sent by Royal Mail. Fingers crossed!
[doublepost=1537261312][/doublepost]Just noticed I've sort of had an update on Very - next to my order it now says "Delivery by Saturday 22 September (Delivery date checked on 17/09/2018)."

So I guess they are confident they will be sending it this week.

johnyslats

macrumors 68020
Mar 14, 2012
Yorkshire, UK
We’ll likely not see a change for another 24 to 48 hours when they’re released from the UK hub. Don’t worry, they’ve probably all been shipped secretly in bulk from China at the weekend when it moved to PFD

Last edited:

profmjh

macrumors 68000
Mar 7, 2015
UK

Yes, on Saturday. But no tracking information since then.

dan5701

macrumors member
Oct 30, 2017
Argos are mentioning on Twitter delivery is on release day, Friday. Their website still states 21st as well.

Last year, they let everyone down with pre-orders on the X. They sent an email on release day stating it was delayed.

We'll see what happens this year. I've ordered through Argos, as well as Apple (5th Oct delivery).
[doublepost=1537210319][/doublepost]For those of you who are looking to trade in your Apple Watch S3, Music Magpie are giving £220 for the S3 LTE version using code Tech10.

Same boat here, got a 5-12th apple order and pre ordered on argos, currently showing as order processing hopefully a 21st delivery

Gustie

macrumors newbie
Sep 18, 2018
Bristol
Thanks, yep DPD or UPS would be good. Think the last time I had UKmail (sorry called it UKpost) last time and they turned up at the end of the day :-(

where as DPD & UPS drivers are always in my area so assuming it would be an earlier drop-off depending on their volume.

Nothing worse than sitting around waiting for your new toys and not being able to concentrate on work while you 'work from home'. sigh :p

svgn

macrumors regular
Jul 28, 2018
A friend of mine will visit UK next week. Can you give me a list of reliable stores (store names) in London to check if they have S4 stocks when he is there? Thanks.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.