Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

hop

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 10, 2008
A friend of mine will visit UK next week. Can you give me a list of reliable stores (store names) in London to check if they have S4 stocks when he is there? Thanks.

To be blunt, I'd be surprised if there's much if any S4 stock next week, especially considering that every model I just checked direct from Apple seems to be showing as coming on the 17th at the earliest.

johnyslats

macrumors 68020
Mar 14, 2012
Yorkshire, UK
A friend of mine will visit UK next week. Can you give me a list of reliable stores (store names) in London to check if they have S4 stocks when he is there? Thanks.
Selfridges, John Lewis, Argos, Currys PC World. It's also worth bearing in mind that these retailers offer some form of store collection (subject to stock) via their website to save a hit and miss approach. Difficult to know how Apple plans to supply third party retailers but I imagine certain finishes will not be available for some time.

Reactions: svgn

svgn

macrumors regular
Jul 28, 2018
To be blunt, I'd be surprised if there's much if any S4 stock next week, especially considering that every model I just checked direct from Apple seems to be showing as coming on the 17th at the earliest.
I know that I am over-optimistic. He will be there for 2 weeks. Also I don't have a better option right now. :D

Wig321

macrumors 6502
Sep 13, 2018
I asked EE today if they plan on selling the SS Apple Watch 4, their reply was no!

GadgetBen

macrumors 68000
Jul 8, 2015
London
Selfridges, John Lewis, Argos, Currys PC World. It's also worth bearing in mind that these retailers offer some form of store collection (subject to stock) via their website to save a hit and miss approach. Difficult to know how Apple plans to supply third party retailers but I imagine certain finishes will not be available for some time.

I know that I am over-optimistic. He will be there for 2 weeks. Also I don't have a better option right now. :D

All retailers apart from Apple and John Lewis are only displaying the S4 Aluminium models. Apart from queuing at Apple, can anyone think of any niche stores that might do the Stainless Steel?

johnyslats

macrumors 68020
Mar 14, 2012
Yorkshire, UK
All retailers apart from Apple and John Lewis are only displaying the S4 Aluminium models. Apart from queuing at Apple, can anyone think of any niche stores that might do the Stainless Steel?
Selfridges have SS listed. I reckon they along with JL will be the only place to get SS outside of Apple

Reactions: GadgetBen

leebroath

macrumors 65816
Jul 26, 2010
Scotland
[doublepost=1537287533][/doublepost]

Do you not have any Apple resellers down there?

Picapau21

macrumors 6502a
Apr 26, 2015

I think there is a website called istocknow.com or something similar that gives you a live update of stock in all apple stores in London. It has been good for me in the past if you don't mind travelling a lit bit around London.

Reactions: svgn and leebroath

leebroath

macrumors 65816
Jul 26, 2010
Scotland
I think there is a website called istocknow.com or something similar that gives you a live update of stock in all apple stores in London. It has been good for me in the past if you don't mind travelling a lit bit around London.

It’s not just London, I used it last year to bag myself 2 iPhone X models at Glasgow Buchanan gardens. The Email pinged through at 6am and I luckily I had just been for a nightly loo break so was still sort of awake. Purchased the 2 phones and woke the other half up ...who wasn’t overly impressed haha

Last edited:
Reactions: svgn

Timmyj1982

macrumors newbie
Oct 24, 2016
It’s not just London, I used it last year to bag myself 2 iPhone X models at Glasgow Buchanan gardens. The Email pinged through at 6am and I luckily I had just been for a nightly loo break so was still sort of awake. Aged the 2 phones and woke the other half up ...who wasn’t overly impressed haha

I think it also checks John Lewis. Very good site.

gatd

macrumors regular
Jun 2, 2008
cex are offering £261 for body only apple watch 42mm stainless steel cellular.B grade I think you would only get A grade if its brand new

Scarlet Siren

macrumors regular
Oct 11, 2011
Edinburgh
Was hoping to treat myself to the SS gold watch but my network provider (Three) doesn't support cellular :( anyone else in the same boat?

svgn

macrumors regular
Jul 28, 2018
[doublepost=1537287533][/doublepost]

Do you not have any Apple resellers down there?
We have some, but I guess I'll have to wait till November and probably the SS versions won't be available. Additionally higher prices, of course.

Reactions: leebroath

Saturnine

macrumors 65816
Oct 23, 2005
Manchester, UK
So I’ve preordered through Currys. Just a silver aluminium with white sports band, 40mm, GPS.

Not exactly sure when it’s due. The site seemed to indicate Friday but who knows.

Anybody else order from Currys?
[doublepost=1537301542][/doublepost]
Indeed!

I should add that Very do also use Yodel, which is why I’m having mine sent to my local post office. Too often Yodel don’t like the hassle of coming out to my tiny village for just one delivery and I’m not willing to risk it.

Very and Yodel are both owned by Shop Direct. The more expensive items (or those which are deemed a security risk) tend to go via RM.

If you ever have an issue with a Yodel delivery, do feel free to PM me.

Reactions: hop

GadgetBen

macrumors 68000
Jul 8, 2015
London
Nothing from Vodafone, apart from they have now updated their website to mention that it's only the Aluminum AW on offer :mad:

I was told by three separate advisors that it would be SS. Useless :confused:

Stuipdboy1000

macrumors 65816
Jun 30, 2007
Glasgow, Scotland, UK
So I’ve preordered through Currys. Just a silver aluminium with white sports band, 40mm, GPS.

Not exactly sure when it’s due. The site seemed to indicate Friday but who knows.

Anybody else order from Currys?

Ordered from Currys PC World at around 8:05 on Friday morning. Initial order email indicated delivery on Friday and I've found they've always been reliable for release day delivery. Order is still on 'Order Received' at the moment.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.