Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mercenary

macrumors 65816
Sep 17, 2012
Anyone else doing in-store pickup on Friday? I've got the pending charge on my card but my order says 'processing' still. Will they not change until Friday?
They don't charge until you pickup as they no doubt get a lot of people order and never show. Source; my previous pickup experience

azing

macrumors 65816
Sep 18, 2013
The North
They don't charge until you pickup as they no doubt get a lot of people order and never show. Source; my previous pickup experience
Ah right! I didn't know this. So if I missed my pickup window I'd lose the stock and not get charged? Guess I better make sure I'm there for my window!

GadgetBen

macrumors 68000
Jul 8, 2015
London
as shared by @robbo747 on the iPhone thread, looks like you can get an indication of stock at John Lewis store via their iOS app.

2dubkzl.png

https://forums.macrumors.com/thread...ispatch-thread.2132914/page-121#post-26505606

It’s also quite interesting to see that most John Lewis stores for SS AW4 say ‘Not Stocked Here’ and the bigger stores more likely to sell it say ‘Out of Stock’

Does anyone know what if John Lewis have a reserve and collect option?

Jinjin

macrumors G3
Mar 22, 2011
London, UK.
It’s also quite interesting to see that most John Lewis stores for SS AW4 say ‘Not Stocked Here’ and the bigger stores more likely to sell it say ‘Out of Stock’

only remember purchasing and collecting in store.. can't see an option to reserve store stock apart form rocking up to the store and claiming it.

johnyslats

macrumors 68020
Mar 14, 2012
Yorkshire, UK

They have a next day collection in store. This stock will come from online inventory rather than store stock. Think this will be the best way for most

Reactions: hop

Mrsemexter

macrumors regular
Apr 22, 2015
Hmm, delivery for the 21st but still processing, anyone else having this issue?

Attachments

• 4162CED4-3A74-485F-BF79-DEEF9B5AFB3B.jpeg
    4162CED4-3A74-485F-BF79-DEEF9B5AFB3B.jpeg
    280.5 KB · Views: 151

GadgetBen

macrumors 68000
Jul 8, 2015
London
only remember purchasing and collecting in store.. can't see an option to reserve store stock apart form rocking up to the store and claiming it.

Ah ok that’s even better. So you can pay online and collect in store? Might try this on Friday.

Was it quite a smooth process when you did it before and did you do it via the app?

Apples n' Stone

macrumors 65816
Apr 13, 2015
Maidstone, U.K
What usually happens is the first person to have card troubles when they try to take full payment can announce "It's happening" an hour or two before - this was me last year! Think I got an email or stalked the page so regularly that day I saw it happen!

Phoned up, PayPal were at fault so changed to DC and problem solved!

Last edited:

danmart

macrumors 68000
Apr 24, 2015
Lancs, UK
What usually happens is the first person to have card troubles when they try to take full payment can announce "It's happening" an hour or two before - this was me last year! Think I got an email or stalked the page so regularly that day I saw it happen!

Phoned up, PayPal were at fault so changed to DC and problem solved!
My payment was taken two days go :)

Jinjin

macrumors G3
Mar 22, 2011
London, UK.
Ah ok that’s even better. So you can pay online and collect in store? Might try this on Friday.

Was it quite a smooth process when you did it before and did you do it via the app?
yep buy as mentioned, the online stock is separate from what the stores hold.

I secured an X from JL last year (until I sent it back and went with one on IUP) buy purchasing online and collecting the next day from my local Waitrose.

Reactions: GadgetBen

jonstatt1

macrumors 6502
Oct 23, 2015
Curent thinking is 8am Friday like last year (website alludes to this too). However, I've seen murmurs of tonight (after 8pm) or tomorrow (JL customer service twitter)

Oh dear. That’s a lot of checking! I was after a SS Gold 44mm and have a 1-8 Oct Apple preorder.....just trying to get it faster!

Reactions: johnyslats

mrklaw

macrumors 68030
Jan 29, 2008
I'd be happy with the Vodafone order tracker not reporting my tracking number as an Invalid Order :(

Anyone else with a Vodafone order that the tracking number works on yet? Its the 'black hole' thing I don't like. If it isn't going to arrive on Friday I don't want to stay at home when I could be in London where I work trying out JL or Selfridges

Reactions: GadgetBen
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.