Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

philipc121

macrumors regular
Sep 28, 2009
London, UK
In that case it would be because Covent Garden is currently closed for refurbishment.

Oh, I’d forgotten that was happening now! Exciting, it’s the closest store to work & the one I usually use.

I’m sure there were other stores showing no availability for pick-up as well, at least not for the model I was after.

Reactions: danmart

Jinjin

macrumors G3
Mar 22, 2011
London, UK.
Oh, I’d forgotten that was happening now! Exciting, it’s the closest store to work & the one I usually use.

I’m sure there were other stores showing no availability for pick-up as well, at least not for the model I was after.
Bromley was my local store and I ordered the watch at 8.08 after snagging the XS. they had slots available throughout the day there... all soon went though

Reactions: philipc121

Dave245

macrumors G3
Sep 15, 2013
Ok so my Series 4 is still stuck on “Order processing” it’s Wednesday and still not “preparing for dispatch”

darthbane2k

macrumors 68000
Oct 22, 2009
Well Argos sold out today of preorders for the watch/ and combo I wanted, John Lewis are now saying no pre orders, in store only. It’s looking unlikely that I’ll snag one on launch day

TionL

macrumors newbie
Sep 19, 2018
Just been looking on argos at 44mm aluminium space grey.
It says pre order to be delivered 21st September.

How likely if I order now am I receiving 21st ? Never pre ordered using argos before

darthbane2k

macrumors 68000
Oct 22, 2009
Just been looking on argos at 44mm aluminium space grey.
It says pre order to be delivered 21st September.

How likely if I order now am I receiving 21st ? Never pre ordered using argos before
If it’s the plain sports band, they’ll have stock, anything else - it won’t let you

azing

macrumors 65816
Sep 18, 2013
The North
Well Argos sold out today of preorders for the watch/ and combo I wanted, John Lewis are now saying no pre orders, in store only. It’s looking unlikely that I’ll snag one on launch day
Have you got a Stormfront near you? They're a premium reseller. Their website says shipping 21st September but you could give your local store a call and see if they're expecting launch day stock.
[doublepost=1537369105][/doublepost]
I don’t wanna order from there if it suddenly gets delayed.
However seems the easiest way to go
I'd be careful with Argos and Apple pre-orders. IIRC people had bother last year with the iPhone X. Argos took the payment but kept delaying the shipments and weren't even giving definite dates even after stating people would get launch day stock.

danmart

macrumors 68000
Apr 24, 2015
Lancs, UK
Ok so my Series 4 is still stuck on “Order processing” it’s Wednesday and still not “preparing for dispatch”
Look at your order on the Apple website. If there any problems with payment it will definitely show there. If there are no issues showing, you should be ok.

Reactions: Dave245

Dave245

macrumors G3
Sep 15, 2013
Look at your order on the Apple website. If there any problems with payment it will definitely show there. If there are no issues showing, you should be ok.

Scratch that it’s just moved to “preparing for dispatch” my bank had put a hold on the funds a few days back anyway so I knew it wasn’t an issue with the card.

Reactions: philipc121

rossy100

macrumors 6502
Mar 23, 2011
21 Sept Watch order just changed to Preparing for dispatch in last few minutes, and pending charge now showing on credit card for full amount!

SSSB 44mm with black sport strap.

Bazooka-joe

macrumors 603
Mar 12, 2012
Swindon, England
I wouldn't worry if you have in store pickup. Its no different to the phones. You have your date and your appointment time so just turn up and let Apple do the rest. I can't think of any issues recorded in the past. I will queue up at 8am and by 8.45am at the latest, I expect to be out the door with two shiny boxes :)

Last edited:

Jinjin

macrumors G3
Mar 22, 2011
London, UK.
I'd be careful with Argos and Apple pre-orders. IIRC people had bother last year with the iPhone X. Argos took the payment but kept delaying the shipments and weren't even giving definite dates even after stating people would get launch day stock.
yup after last years debacle on the X pre-orders I'd never use them.

Dave245

macrumors G3
Sep 15, 2013
home delivery or collection?

regardless, you'll get it when apple have told you you will..

Home delivery, I was lucky enough to get the 21st September delivery date before they started slipping.
[doublepost=1537370907][/doublepost]
I was the same and only just this minute, it has changed to preparing for dispatch (delivery)...... things could be about to start moving :cool:

Hopefully, I’m looking forward to seeing my SS Space Black 44mm in person, after having the SS Silver original Apple Watch i’m hoping the SS Space Black will look just as good, especially with my Apple Watch band collection :)

darthbane2k

macrumors 68000
Oct 22, 2009
I can see what the stock issue is, it’s the sports loop. The skus with the regular band are easy to secure at launch. It’s even the same on curry’s pc world

Toonartist

macrumors 6502
Sep 19, 2017
Newcastle Upon Tyne
Home delivery, I was lucky enough to get the 21st September delivery date before they started slipping.
[doublepost=1537370907][/doublepost]

Hopefully, I’m looking forward to seeing my SS Space Black 44mm in person, after having the SS Silver original Apple Watch i’m hoping the SS Space Black will look just as good, especially with my Apple Watch band collection :)

Yeah, the one that is being delivered to me is also a SS SB 44mm.... fingers crossed they are in the process of releasing them and yours will show up very soon!

I've a 44mm SG Alu to pick up on Friday (couldn't decide originally) but I'm hoping they'll be able to switch it to silver so I can give it to my wife!
[doublepost=1537371800][/doublepost]
Is it for 9/21?

Yes, SS SB 44mm for delivery on the 21st!

Reactions: Dave245

GadgetBen

macrumors 68000
Jul 8, 2015
London
Have you got a Stormfront near you? They're a premium reseller. Their website says shipping 21st September but you could give your local store a call and see if they're expecting launch day stock.
[doublepost=1537369105][/doublepost]

Yeah I wouldn’t trust Argos with a barge pole

Reactions: leebroath
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.