Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

limesmoothie

macrumors 6502a
Apr 20, 2009
Edinburgh, Scotland
I'd be happy with the Vodafone order tracker not reporting my tracking number as an Invalid Order :(

Anyone else with a Vodafone order that the tracking number works on yet? Its the 'black hole' thing I don't like. If it isn't going to arrive on Friday I don't want to stay at home when I could be in London where I work trying out JL or Selfridges

I'm the same - they did say I'd get an SMS message once the pre-order got a DPD tracking number. Doesn't stop me checking the Voda order tracker every 5 minutes though.

Reactions: GadgetBen

GadgetBen

macrumors 68000
Jul 8, 2015
London
I'd be happy with the Vodafone order tracker not reporting my tracking number as an Invalid Order :(

Anyone else with a Vodafone order that the tracking number works on yet? Its the 'black hole' thing I don't like. If it isn't going to arrive on Friday I don't want to stay at home when I could be in London where I work trying out JL or Selfridges

Yes, same here. Apparently, the order tracking number only works once you receive an email confirming dispatch.

It would be nice if it could just confirm that the order is placed or processing or something!

Let me know if you get an email confirmation or anything further from Vodafone.

JamesHP

macrumors 6502a
Feb 6, 2010
Manchester, UK
check istocknow as they have auto checking for stock + notifications

May be out of luck for this with launch day - tried setting up notifications as my own watch is estimated 1-8 Oct but it only appears to be checking US stock for the watch at the moment! :(

C225

macrumors regular
Mar 29, 2007
Scotland
My SBSS 44mm order had the money taken on Monday and has been preparing to dispatch since Saturday.

I imagine I’ll get tracking info tomorrow.

Pixelatic

macrumors member
Sep 21, 2012
Antwerp, Belgium
Not from the UK (Belgium), but my order has been "Preparing for Dispatch" since Friday. My card has been charged on Monday. 40mm Space Gray with Sport Loop.

Jinjin

macrumors G3
Mar 22, 2011
London, UK.
May be out of luck for this with launch day - tried setting up notifications as my own watch is estimated 1-8 Oct but it only appears to be checking US stock for the watch at the moment! :(
yup, the APIs used won't return anything meaningful until stock becomes available to reserve so usually Saturday morning onwards. (thats for apple stores)

Apples n' Stone

macrumors 65816
Apr 13, 2015
Maidstone, U.K
Currently in the middle of cleaning up my  link bracelet in preparation for the new watch... The anticipation :D

However I will have to admit it must be at least a year since I last bothered :oops:

Reactions: philipc121

Toonartist

macrumors 6502
Sep 19, 2017
Newcastle Upon Tyne
Just a heads up to anyone with their pre order for delivery being sat at "Processing" and no pending charge on their card.

I've just spoken to apple and they checked and mine does have a pending charge taken at their side so it maybe just the way the bank is displaying it (or not as the case maybe). They confirmed there is no problem with the order and everything is progressing as normal for delivery on the 21st (44 SS SB)

Reactions: Apples n' Stone

philipc121

macrumors regular
Sep 28, 2009
London, UK
My launch version didn't come with it, so I have owned my link for no more than two years which I believe I bothered to clean it on one single occasion :eek: Hence only the year mentioned xD

Ah fair enough — I got mine at launch... I'm *sure* I've clean it at least twice since then... (although in my defence, I don't wear it every day...)

The excitement for Friday though! :):):)

Reactions: Apples n' Stone

azing

macrumors 65816
Sep 18, 2013
The North
Had a chat with the online help with Apple just to check the status of my order and the rep seemed surprised that it was for in-store pickup, asking if I was sure it wasn't for delivery as pre-orders were delivery only...

Should I be worried? There's a few people here who have got in-store pickup so surely I'm not an anomaly...

philipc121

macrumors regular
Sep 28, 2009
London, UK
Had a chat with the online help with Apple just to check the status of my order and the rep seemed surprised that it was for in-store pickup, asking if I was sure it wasn't for delivery as pre-orders were delivery only...

Should I be worried? There's a few people here who have got in-store pickup so surely I'm not an anomaly...

You're definitely not an anomaly — mine is pick up as well.

I'm minded to think that this was a misinformed rep — I would struggle to believe the in-store pick up system went live accidentally... (that could also be a bit of wishful thinking!)

svgn

macrumors regular
Jul 28, 2018
It was never available for in-store pickup for european countries and I checked that almost every day. I was surprised that some of you actually managed to place an in-store pickup order.

philipc121

macrumors regular
Sep 28, 2009
London, UK
It was never available for in-store pickup for european countries and I checked that almost every day. I was surprised that some of you actually managed to place an in-store pickup order.

How do you mean "checked almost every day"? As far as I noticed, the option was only available for the first hour or so after the store went live (depending on the model) — I presumed that reflected launch-day stock dwindling at different rates.

Not all stores had the pick-up option available though (at least not by the time I got in at about — e.g. 18:05) — e.g. Covent Garden simply said "Not Available for in-store pickup", whereas Regent Street said available on 21/9. It gave me a time slot when I selected pick-up at check out, as usual.

azing

macrumors 65816
Sep 18, 2013
The North
How do you mean "checked almost every day"? As far as I noticed, the option was only available for the first hour or so after the store went live (depending on the model) — I presumed that reflected launch-day stock dwindling at different rates.

Not all stores had the pick-up option available though (at least not by the time I got in at about — e.g. 18:05) — e.g. Covent Garden simply said "Not Available for in-store pickup", whereas Regent Street said available on 21/9. It gave me a time slot when I selected pick-up at check out, as usual.
I placed my first order for delivery as soon as it went live, disappointed as I wanted to do in-store pickup but it wasn't an option. When I looked a couple minutes later I could choose in-store pickup so I went ahead and did it, chose my window and then cancelled my delivery order. I've got the pending charge on my card so surely it wouldn't go this far if it was an error...?

KrisLord

macrumors 68000
Sep 12, 2008
Northumberland, UK
I placed my first order for delivery as soon as it went live, disappointed as I wanted to do in-store pickup but it wasn't an option. When I looked a couple minutes later I could choose in-store pickup so I went ahead and did it, chose my window and then cancelled my delivery order. I've got the pending charge on my card so surely it wouldn't go this far if it was an error...?

Don’t worry about I store pickup.

We’ve got order numbers, bank charges and confirmation emails....

It’s not an error to enable in store collection.

svgn

macrumors regular
Jul 28, 2018

I am just saying that every time I checked the website it was unavailable for in-store pickup. Since 08:00AM 14.09.2018, almost every day, few times per day.

Jinjin

macrumors G3
Mar 22, 2011
London, UK.
picking mine up in Bromley Friday too. All set to go (was speaking to support as the ballsed up my case order) and he confirmed watch all good to collect.

XS, case and S4 SS all being collected together

Reactions: philipc121

azing

macrumors 65816
Sep 18, 2013
The North
Don’t worry about I store pickup.

We’ve got order numbers, bank charges and confirmation emails....

It’s not an error to enable in store collection.
Good, it's my first in-store pickup experience so I'm a bit wary!

Anyone else picking up from the Eldon Square Newcastle store?

Jinjin

macrumors G3
Mar 22, 2011
London, UK.
I am just saying that every time I checked the website it was unavailable for in-store pickup. Since 08:00AM 14.09.2018, almost every day, few times per day.
thats expect. After the initial preorder store stock has been snapped up there are no more in store pickup appointment available for Friday.

If its anything like the iPhone, appointments will become available for stores which have stock from Saturday.

Reactions: svgn

philipc121

macrumors regular
Sep 28, 2009
London, UK

Ah I see. It certainly hasn’t come back since I saw it drop off after a little while on Friday.

Reactions: svgn

svgn

macrumors regular
Jul 28, 2018
thats expect. After the initial preorder store stock has been snapped up there are no more in store pickup appointment available for Friday.

If its anything like the iPhone, appointments will become available for stores which have stock from Saturday.
I meant 08:00AM UK time when the pre-order actually started. It took few minutes to load the website, tho. I probably missed it. I don't think you should worry about your in-store pickups. :)

danmart

macrumors 68000
Apr 24, 2015
Lancs, UK
Not all stores had the pick-up option available though (at least not by the time I got in at about — e.g. 18:05) — e.g. Covent Garden simply said "Not Available for in-store pickup", whereas Regent Street said available on 21/9.
In that case it would be because Covent Garden is currently closed for refurbishment.

Reactions: Jinjin
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.