Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AnDi86

macrumors 6502
Jan 15, 2007
Ballymoney N.Ireland
They must be shipping from the UK?! Mines due for delivery on the 21st but hasn’t dispatched yet. Been sitting at preparing for dispatch for a couple of days now

Jinjin

macrumors G3
Mar 22, 2011
London, UK.
They must be shipping from the UK?! Mines due for delivery on the 21st but hasn’t dispatched yet. Been sitting at preparing for dispatch for a couple of days now

Yup. As with the phones. They’ll all be sat in syncreon’s hub in Hinkley and from there get passed to a courier (ukmail or dpd). That usually happens tomorrow afternoon onwards and people get the dispatch notification

Jinjin

macrumors G3
Mar 22, 2011
London, UK.
A bit much to be getting excited by the new packaging?

Series4iJustine.jpg

Etiene

macrumors regular
Dec 28, 2011
Amsterdam

I've been surprised by this too - my previous pre-orders have fulfilled from China and take a good few days to wend their way across the globe. This one's sat on PFD since Saturday, so presumably is allocated from stock already in country.

DynamicSausage

macrumors 6502
May 29, 2015
Leicestershire, UK
So I rang EE on Friday morning to try and get hold of a stainless steel one only to find they're not selling them.

Now after avoiding their calls for 3 days they've got hold me me, dropped the upfront cost and guaranteed delivery for Friday (only way they'd get me).

Still though... if I see a stainless one in the Apple Store on Saturday I may have to send it back :D

GadgetBen

macrumors 68000
Jul 8, 2015
London
So I rang EE on Friday morning to try and get hold of a stainless steel one only to find they're not selling them.

Now after avoiding their calls for 3 days they've got hold me me, dropped the upfront cost and guaranteed delivery for Friday (only way they'd get me).

Still though... if I see a stainless one in the Apple Store on Saturday I may have to send it back :D

At least they told you they weren't selling them. 3 different people at Vodafone told me they definitely sell SS, leading me to not order one via Apple.

Only this week have they confirmed that actually, they are Aluminium and updated the description on their website!

DynamicSausage

macrumors 6502
May 29, 2015
Leicestershire, UK
At least they told you they weren't selling them. 3 different people at Vodafone told me they definitely sell SS, leading me to not order one via Apple.

Only this week have they confirmed that actually, they are Aluminium and updated the description on their website!

That sounds like a massive PITA. I still had to go through about 10 menus (twice) and 2 sales people just to get told they didn't have SS, one of those people even tried telling me that Apple weren't doing a SS this year.

I think it's safe to say the networks have made an absolute hash of it this year.

mrklaw

macrumors 68030
Jan 29, 2008
Latest from JL for those waiting...
Preorders tomorrow for Friday collection
View attachment 784007

Sod’s law it’ll go like this:
- no info from VF tomorrow
- whack in a preorder at JL for oxford street pickup
- head into work on Friday
- JL don’t get the stock in time so i’m out of luck
- at that exact moment get a text from VF saying they tried to deliver but nobody was home

victoriani

macrumors regular
Sep 15, 2013
Hertfordshire, UK
Latest from JL for those waiting...
Preorders tomorrow for Friday collection
View attachment 784007

Fantastic. I'm going to order from them since they have the two-year warranty. I got my MacBook Pro via them as well and they recently repaired it as it had a battery issue during sleep so I wouldn't hesitate purchasing from them again. They have really good customer service.

atticus063

macrumors member
Jul 10, 2008
Fantastic. I'm going to order from them since they have the two-year warranty. I got my MacBook Pro via them as well and they recently repaired it as it had a battery issue during sleep so I wouldn't hesitate purchasing from them again. They have really good customer service.

Any idea's when you think it might go live? Anyone with previous experience of this? I'll be trying from 08:00 tomorrow! Do we think it'll match what can be seen with stock available in the JL app? I suspect not all the stores have updated to there.

mrklaw

macrumors 68030
Jan 29, 2008
If I preorder from JL I might go WiFi only. Went LTE with VF mainly for convenience but i’m rarely away from my phone or WiFi so it isn’t necessary

DianaMR

macrumors 65816
Sep 12, 2016
8:00-8:30 for me (I’m an idiot for going before work!)

Last year, I picked my X up at 7 as soon as they opened. This year, I'm letting them deliver to my office, which should be around 9, which is not much different.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.