Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Apples n' Stone

macrumors 65816
Apr 13, 2015
Maidstone, U.K
Usually UK Mail here in Kent, the depot is not too far from my commute so for the X last year I collected. Their online interface has problems though, I Organised a collection and the parcel had to be unloaded from a van! Have Friday off though so will look at my options for getting kine as early as possible, in the unlikely event we do get DPD I'm hoping to be able to collect it early as happened for many iPhone X buyers last year.

runebinder

macrumors 6502a
Apr 2, 2009
Nottingham, UK
Did you get a deal, or pay the £29/m + up front cost? EE monthly cost on the watch is terrible compared to Vodafone.

I had to order mine by text chat as the page kept bombing out when clicking continue after parent details. They quoted me £26.10 and didn't take any upfront payment, it is being delivered to store so I may have to pay that when I collect it. My phone is with EE so Vodafone wasn't an option for me.

bigwordbird

macrumors regular
Apr 25, 2015
UK
2AB9B963-43C4-4223-B363-E75F7456F036.jpeg

Ordered at 8:08am last Friday. Apple Pay through Apple Store App. Payment declined email at 11:00am as bank thought it was a fraudulent transaction. Now Prep for Dispatch. Roll on Friday!

Sold my SS42 Series 0 for £110 to Music Magpie last week

Hustle

macrumors 6502a
Jul 29, 2007
USA
The highest price I've found for my S3 GPS+LTE 42MM Space Grey is £200.

Doesn't seem like they're going for too much more on eBay so might just take that.

GadgetBen

macrumors 68000
Jul 8, 2015
London
Has anyone ordered via Vodafone?

They were useless at explaining what models they have.

I believe they only stock Gold and Space Black in Stainless steel.

Order numbers don’t work when tracking online!

C225

macrumors regular
Mar 29, 2007
Scotland
Has anyone ordered via Vodafone?

They were useless at explaining what models they have.

I believe they only stock Gold and Space Black in Stainless steel.

Order numbers don’t work when tracking online!

They are saying stainless steel but the prices are certainly only the aluminium models. The amount of wrong info they are giving out all over the place is shocking. Going to be annoyed people come Friday I reckon.

GadgetBen

macrumors 68000
Jul 8, 2015
London
They are saying stainless steel but the prices are certainly only the aluminium models. The amount of wrong info they are giving out all over the place is shocking. Going to be annoyed people come Friday I reckon.

Yes, me most likely!

I thought something was up. I called them back 3 times to check with different sales people but they are still telling me that I have ordered the stainless steel.

This is despite the fact that they kept calling it 'Space Grey' stainless steel which is not the correct model name.

What a shambles. None of the Vodafone website material mentions model options, none of the staff had any clue what was going on - even when I asked to speak with the management.

JamesHP

macrumors 6502a
Feb 6, 2010
Manchester, UK
Yes, me most likely!

I thought something was up. I called them back 3 times to check with different sales people but they are still telling me that I have ordered the stainless steel.

This is despite the fact that they kept calling it 'Space Grey' stainless steel which is not the correct model name.

What a shambles. None of the Vodafone website material mentions model options, none of the staff had any clue what was going on - even when I asked to speak with the management.

I tried ordering with them on Friday as my Apple order is showing 1-8 October - the fella on the phone said they had gold silver and space grey and said he only had those three options in the 40 and 44mm versions when I asked him if they had SS. Leads me to believe it's only aluminium, not a chance of SS with those prices.

Reactions: GadgetBen

C225

macrumors regular
Mar 29, 2007
Scotland
Yes, me most likely!

I’ve got a sim only contract with them and getting a watch from Apple on Friday. I’ve had many different responses as to whether I’ll be able to use it.

Some say it’ll be fine just call up to others saying it’ll only work if I’m on an iPhone contract with them. Should be a fun Friday

KrisLord

macrumors 68000
Sep 12, 2008
Northumberland, UK
The highest price I've found for my S3 GPS+LTE 42MM Space Grey is £200.

Doesn't seem like they're going for too much more on eBay so might just take that.

If it’s in good condition, try eBay.

I got a maximum fee offer of £1 yesterday so I listed mine at £290 plus postage, had some sensible offers before someone paid the full asking price.

It did have AppleCare until next November.

GadgetBen

macrumors 68000
Jul 8, 2015
London
I tried ordering with them on Friday as my Apple order is showing 1-8 October - the fella on the phone said they had gold silver and space grey and said he only had those three options in the 40 and 44mm versions when I asked him if they had SS. Leads me to believe it's only aluminium, not a chance of SS with those prices.

I’ve got a sim only contract with them and getting a watch from Apple on Friday. I’ve had many different responses as to whether I’ll be able to use it.

Some say it’ll be fine just call up to others saying it’ll only work if I’m on an iPhone contract with them. Should be a fun Friday

I wonder if I can hold them to their word as I have it recorded on 3 occasions and logged on my account that I wanted the stainless steel. Surely that forms a contract?

david_gla

macrumors newbie
Sep 16, 2018
Does anyone know if Vodafone are doing the S4 Nike version?

Also I’ve got pretty skinny wrists for a bloke but like the idea of the bigger screen. Will the 44mm look ridiculous and slide about with the Nike sport band, should I just go for the 40mm?

All help appreciated!
[doublepost=1537127627][/doublepost]
I wonder if I can hold them to their word as I have it recorded on 3 occasions and logged on my account that I wanted the stainless steel. Surely that forms a contract?
I wouldn’t count on it. They told me I had bagged free AirPods when I ordered the X and had chat transcript to prove it. Needless to say the customer service person was lying and the chat transcript didn’t mean a thing to them!

purpleparrotuk

macrumors 65816
Jun 26, 2010
Blinking Apple is declining all my payment details. I have tried 3 cards now and all being declined even though money on there. Apple online are closed now.

bigwordbird

macrumors regular
Apr 25, 2015
UK
Blinking Apple is declining all my payment details. I have tried 3 cards now and all being declined even though money on there. Apple online are closed now.
Same happened with me. My bank blocked it thinking it was fraud. All got resolved quickly. Have you called the bank? HSBC by any chance?

taylor354

macrumors newbie
Nov 4, 2017
Edinburgh, Scotland
Yep. None of them say it’s blocked.
Same issue with me tonight. Payment declined and the bank say it was Apple Pay itself that declined it. I tried two further cards while on the phone to the bank and they say neither attempt hit their systems. Guess it will be a call to Apple tomorrow :( What’s the bet they blame the bank :mad:

purpleparrotuk

macrumors 65816
Jun 26, 2010
Same issue with me tonight. Payment declined and the bank say it was Apple Pay itself that declined it. I tried two further cards while on the phone to the bank and they say neither attempt hit their systems. Guess it will be a call to Apple tomorrow :( What’s the bet they blame the bank :mad:

Glad it’s not just me. Apparently my card people say I should not have used Apple Pay and it was declined because over limit. Why does it seem to go through on the store then!

morganperry

macrumors member
Aug 1, 2016
United Kingdom
Glad it’s not just me. Apparently my card people say I should not have used Apple Pay and it was declined because over limit. Why does it seem to go through on the store then!

Apple Pay (in theory) is limitless, so it’ll be the bank declining the transaction. I can buy a Tesla with it...

I’m sure the Online Store team will direct you back to your bank... who will undoubtedly blame Apple... what a nightmare for you!

Bazooka-joe

macrumors 603
Mar 12, 2012
Swindon, England
Had a text from Lloyds querying my expenditure of £1249 and £749. I replied Yes and then had a text informing me that i would have to make the payment again!! Apple store showed requesting payment authorisation again so i went in and approved it again and all seems good. Paid by debit card as i know that a alot of people have issues with apple pay.

Reactions: morganperry
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.