Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

KarimLeVallois

macrumors 68020
Feb 22, 2014
London
I never get the point as to why people still stand outside an Apple store queuing these days, we can literally pre-order online for all the devices that come out (iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch even Mac's i think).

Not judging anyone here before someone takes offence! i'm just saying i personally don't see the point in standing outside. I personally love the pre-order build up of ordering online.

Anyone else think we are going to see an October event with more stuff? be interesting to see if pre-orders happen for the iPad or Mac's, i'm not sure if Apple do it for Mac's anymore tho.

I’d put money on an October event for iPads!

Reactions: Jinjin and Dave245

Mic2904

macrumors 6502a
Mar 22, 2011
Ordered the 44mm Nike+ with the loop. Had Nike+ before since I like Nike and kinda collect trainers/sneakers... 90 pairs and counting... had no other option

Reactions: gazzrenn

limesmoothie

macrumors 6502a
Apr 20, 2009
Edinburgh, Scotland
Anyone else gone with Vodafone? the deal i got compared to what a friend got offered with EE seems almost too good to be true...
I have a 12 month sim only contract with them, as an existing customer they offered me the 40 or 44m LTE version at £22.95 p/m over 24 months, zero upfront. Totals to £550.80 which is barely any different to buying it outirght? Granted the watch uses allowed from my main contract but that's all good as i have plenty of data on it... seems pretty decent unless i've missed something?!

Cheers

Yes, I've ordered a 40mm this morning on same deal, as I have a huge data allowance on my phone contract. Seems like a great deal.

Not sold on upgrading my 8 plus to an XS Max, though. The contract prices are insane. Think I'll go SIM only when the contract expires and just buy the handset outright.

MrGimper

macrumors G3
Sep 22, 2012
Andover, UK
FFS the mic has given up on my series 2. Thankfully have 2 weeks of AC+ remaining so have an express replacement on it's way. Looks like I'll have a pristine S2 to sell tho :)

Picapau21

macrumors 6502a
Apr 26, 2015
So...mine has been shipped by DPD. Can I still track using the UPS website which I believe Apple use for freight international deliveries.

Reactions: hop

Jay-Jacob

macrumors 6502a
Sep 10, 2015
England
I order silver aluminium 40mm at 8:09am. Took me 9 minutes try get apple store app (I also refresh web page too). My say will arrive launch day. This my first apple watch.

aeroalex

macrumors 6502
Sep 12, 2013
Leicestershire, UK
Yeah. I thought it was a bit quick as well. 8.07, Hermes Edition 44mm.

Very quick and great news for you! Maybe the Hermes Editions are being fast tracked. My order confirmation was 8:08 for space grey 40mm so maybe It’ll ship soon!

I’m curious to know whether they’ll ship from China or not and whether Apple will let us track that or just the final journey on Thursday/Friday.

Reactions: leebroath

Picapau21

macrumors 6502a
Apr 26, 2015
Very quick and great news for you! Maybe the Hermes Editions are being fast tracked. My order confirmation was 8:08 for space grey 40mm so maybe It’ll ship soon!

I’m curious to know whether they’ll ship from China or not and whether Apple will let us track that or just the final journey on Thursday/Friday.

Wondering the same. Usually I can track via UPS when it’s coming from China using the order number but that’s not working at the moment and the assigned courier is DPD. So maybe already over in the UK.

aeroalex

macrumors 6502
Sep 12, 2013
Leicestershire, UK
Wondering the same. Usually I can track via UPS when it’s coming from China using the order number but that’s not working at the moment and the assigned courier is DPD. So maybe already over in the UK.

Hmm yeah maybe they are already in the UK if they’ve already been assigned to DPD! But then it’s strange that it’s already showing shipped considering they’re not due for delivery until Friday. Maybe you’re getting yours on Monday!!

The last time I got to track from China was when I ordered the Apple Watch 2015!! Since then they’ve always just shipped when DPD has it.

Picapau21

macrumors 6502a
Apr 26, 2015
Hmm yeah maybe they are already in the UK if they’ve already been assigned to DPD! But then it’s strange that it’s already showing shipped considering they’re not due for delivery until Friday. Maybe you’re getting yours on Monday!!

The last time I got to track from China was when I ordered the Apple Watch 2015!! Since then they’ve always just shipped when DPD has it.

Might get a better idea over the next few days if the tracking info updates. At the moment I can’t actually see anything on DPDs tracking site.

Hustle

macrumors 6502a
Jul 29, 2007
USA
I think that’s the release day for the Nike (5th)

Ah, I thought the Nike edition were shipping next Friday with the other models. That's a shame. Looks like I won't get it any quicker than the 5th Oct then.

denisbarbov

macrumors member
Aug 27, 2013
Landing at Heathrow on Friday, then St. Pancras, onto Nottingham. Hopefully I'll be able to pick one up somewhere...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.