Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

Ledsteplin

macrumors 65816
Oct 23, 2013
Florence, AL
d748d25c390999f6e7684d477bb6a772.png

d356f5711b9f1f1cdcf830300886cb5d.png

Reactions: Ratlerbite

Ledsteplin

macrumors 65816
Oct 23, 2013
Florence, AL
I have a question: Does Apple finally allow you to set a light theme wallpaper and a second different one for dark mode?
Not sure what you mean. You can set the Home Screen for either light or dark mode. So a wallpaper will look different, depending on which you use. Not sure what you mean by a light wallpaper and dark wallpaper together?

Knowlege Bomb

macrumors G4
Feb 14, 2008
US
Just gorgeous. I think this is one of those occasions where the tint feature looks really good. Congratulations on the composition.

That shadow effect looks really awesome! Did you apply them or they came with the wallpaper?
It was a shortcut that I had gor a while that would let you pick your home screen layout and apply the correct shadows to any wallpaper.

Something changed with Shortcuts last year and I lost the files and all of the links on the YouTube videos are now broken. Good thing I made a whole bunch of them.

Reactions: Populus

Populus

macrumors 603
Aug 24, 2012
Spain, Europe
Not sure what you mean. You can set the Home Screen for either light or dark mode. So a wallpaper will look different, depending on which you use. Not sure what you mean by a light wallpaper and dark wallpaper together?
What I mean is, setting a wallpaper A (for instance with yellow and coral colors) for the light mode, and a wallpaper B (for example one with dark blue and black colors) for the dark mode, so whenever the dark mode kicks in, the wallpaper changes from the yellow and coral one, to the black and blue one.

Some stock wallpapers, at least in iOS 15, changed their colors dynamically when changing between light and dark mode. What I am asking is if you can select a wallpaper A for light mode and a wallpaper B (with different colors for instance) for dark mode.

If you still don’t understand, don’t bother, I don’t know how to explain it better.

Knowlege Bomb

macrumors G4
Feb 14, 2008
US
So I did some digging and was able to find the shortcut but it’s failing because it requires Files access to get the templates and Files now requires Face ID. Anybody aware of a way to bypass this?

Edit: Also found a good link for the shortcut with updates for newer devices and OS up through 18.

Edit 2: Got it working again.

Edit 3: Seems the actual Home Screen layout has changed. Looks like they’ve shifted the icons upward to widen the already ridiculous gap between the bottom row and the dock so the lower shadows are set a little low.

IMG_1306.png

Last edited:

Populus

macrumors 603
Aug 24, 2012
Spain, Europe
Edit 3: Seems the actual Home Screen layout has changed. Looks like they’ve shifted the icons upward to widen the already ridiculous gap between the bottom row and the dock so the lower shadows are set a little low.
By slowly moving up the icons and making iPhones bigger, maybe by iOS 20 they’ll be able to cram one more row of icons lol (I’m joking, but… I don’t think it’s that crazy tbh).

By the way, thanks for looking it up.

Reactions: Knowlege Bomb

Ledsteplin

macrumors 65816
Oct 23, 2013
Florence, AL
So I did some digging and was able to find the shortcut but it’s failing because it requires Files access to get the templates and Files now requires Face ID. Anybody aware of a way to bypass this?

Edit: Also found a good link for the shortcut with updates for newer devices and OS up through 18.

Edit 2: Got it working again.

View attachment 2404727
Yes, the icons were raised. I've had to edit my home screen wallpapers, so my folder borders are raised up to fit. This started in 18 beta.

thatJohann

macrumors 68000
Jul 5, 2013
NYC
My tinted icons suddenly changed to monochromatic on the dynamic wallpaper on the new beta 6. At first I didn’t like it, now I kinda got used to it so rocking them like that for a bit.

IMG_5245.png

Reactions: Devyn89

AZhappyjack

Suspended
Jul 3, 2011
Happy Jack, AZ
My tinted icons suddenly changed to monochromatic on the dynamic wallpaper on the new beta 6. At first I didn’t like it, now I kinda got used to it so rocking them like that for a bit.

View attachment 2405538
Yeah, they've come along nicely with the tinted icons. I noticed earlier that they tended to take on the color of the wallpaper in a much more subtle way. I almost like it now. :D

Knowlege Bomb

macrumors G4
Feb 14, 2008
US
I’m trying tinted icons for the first time. Nice touch that all of the white text in the widgets change to match the theme. 👍🏻

Oridus

macrumors 65816
Oct 8, 2012
Just gorgeous. I think this is one of those occasions where the tint feature looks really good. Congratulations on the composition.

That shadow effect looks really awesome! Did you apply them or they came with the wallpaper?
Thank you :) I think the feature needs work but sometimes it can look good even now.

Cryates

macrumors 68040
Nov 19, 2013
Custom icons… that still require shortcuts and show the confirmation each time you open an app, right? I thought maybe they were getting rid of that on iOS 18 and let us choose our icons freely.
Correct. Still has those drawbacks as of the current beta.

Reactions: Populus
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.