Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AdamJohnG

macrumors regular
Mar 30, 2019
Malaga, Spain
Dell AW3821DW

Can I ask if that screen is working well with the Studio? Is it connected DisplayPort or HDMI? Running native at 3840 × 1600?

I have the DELL U3818DW working with a 2018 Mac Mini, connected Thunderbolt to USB C and works fine. Now planning to upgrade to a Studio and love to know if that monitor is working well for you, as they are of the same pedigree.

Thanks

edubfromktown

macrumors 6502a
Sep 14, 2010
East Coast, USA
Anker Power expand+ 7-in-one (for work laptop), AOC U2790VQ 27" 4k display, CalDigit TS3+, Lamicall laptop stand, LG UltraFine 21.5" TB display and WALI dual display desk mount stand and old school swoop/scoop keyboard :)
4d06eca02e15305d843c5b7de8efa4ce.jpg

Jrshelby

macrumors regular
Nov 12, 2017
Buffalo, NY
Great setup. Is that a repurposed shoe rack? I plan to do something similar for the Studio, hard drives, Bose speaker controller, etc.
It was actually a kitchen cabinet riser I found at target and required assembly so moved some stuff and a few mods. I’ll try to find a link.

Jamooche

macrumors regular
Jul 23, 2011
It was actually a kitchen cabinet riser I found at target and required assembly so moved some stuff and a few mods. I’ll try to find a link.

Nice! That was my 2nd guess. I may make or find something in black as my wood top (similar to yours) is dark with black metal legs. And these velcro cable ties are the best for tidying up messy cables:

Juuro

macrumors 6502
Feb 13, 2006
Germany
Sorry to be slightly off topic. Would someone please measure the edges of the Mac Studio box?
I will pickup a Mac Studio on Saturday and it has to fit in my backpack because I go to the Store by bike. Thank you! ?

hpnas

macrumors member
Mar 12, 2009
Can I ask if that screen is working well with the Studio? Is it connected DisplayPort or HDMI? Running native at 3840 × 1600?

I have the DELL U3818DW working with a 2018 Mac Mini, connected Thunderbolt to USB C and works fine. Now planning to upgrade to a Studio and love to know if that monitor is working well for you, as they are of the same pedigree.

Thanks
Have it connected via DP 1.4 over USB-C as well as HDMI over USB-C and both running at native 3840x1600

DP works fine at 120Hz. When I go to 144Hz I get vertical lines on my screen. This appears to be an M1 mac problem, not just a Studio problem. The HDMI does 85Hz no problem

e-dub

macrumors member
Feb 7, 2011
Just waiting for it to get here!

Edit: hidden away inside the desk I have: the cables for the audio interface, an nvme drive in a Thudnerbolt enclosure for fast storage, an nvme in a USB enclosure for deejay stuff backup, a HDD to use as a time capsule all hooked up to an OWC Thunderbolt dock. There are other things hooked up to the dock as well, like that mic on the desk, ethernet and the display - but the display will be hooked up straight to the computer when it gets here. Also a power strip to power everything.

Updated now that the thing has arrived. Still need to do a bit of cable mangement to the speakers, but here tis.

3rRFdX3.jpg

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.