Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Fiona FTW

macrumors member
Mar 16, 2022
Just finished setting up and transferring all my files to my base Max + 1TB. I don't really notice the fan. Very happy w/ the Studio Display after setting up. The reviews gave me a scare but I think it's going to be great to edit photos and feels so solid -- but amazingly light next to my 2008-vintage Cinema Display. Wish I bought the VESA model but these stands do the trick for me and were only like $25/pr on Amazon.

IMG_7831.jpeg

basher

macrumors 6502a
May 27, 2011
Glendale, AZ USA
Just finished setting up and transferring all my files to my base Max + 1TB. I don't really notice the fan. Very happy w/ the Studio Display after setting up. The reviews gave me a scare but I think it's going to be great to edit photos and feels so solid -- but amazingly light next to my 2008-vintage Cinema Display. Wish I bought the VESA model but these stands do the trick for me and were only like $25/pr on Amazon.

View attachment 1983688
Super nice!

enricoclaudio

macrumors 6502a
Jun 5, 2017

View attachment 1983688

I got a pair of the same stands but the triangle ones. My pair of monitors are mounted on VESA Ergotron LX but the Wally stands are for audio interfaces, headphone amp and streamer. The Mac Studio will be on top of a Satechi aluminum monitor riser. I will post photos of my setup tomorrow after I get the Mac Studio delivered, hopefully :)

Reactions: Fiona FTW

e-dub

macrumors member
Feb 7, 2011
I got a pair of the same stands but the triangle ones. My pair of monitors are mounted on VESA Ergotron LX but the Wally stands are for audio interfaces, headphone amp and streamer. The Mac Studio will be on top of a Satechi aluminum monitor riser. I will post photos of my setup tomorrow after I get the Mac Studio delivered, hopefully :)

Sounds nice, looking forward to having a peek tomorrow!

BotchQue

macrumors 6502
Dec 22, 2019

View attachment 1983688
Those glass and metal stands tie your Studio stuff and your glass desk together perfectly. Beautiful setup!

Reactions: Fiona FTW

Fiona FTW

macrumors member
Mar 16, 2022
Those glass and metal stands tie your Studio stuff and your glass desk together perfectly. Beautiful setup!
Thanks. Yes, I love how glass can make small areas feel bigger and more open than they are. It’s funny how these kind of glass stands are readily on Amazon but absent in retails stores. You can only find metal ones in stores.

roland.g

macrumors 604
Apr 11, 2005
Thanks. Yes, I love how glass can make small areas feel bigger and more open than they are. It’s funny how these kind of glass stands are readily on Amazon but absent in retails stores. You can only find metal ones in stores.
Link to the stands?

Sir Ruben

macrumors 68000
Jul 3, 2010
UK
Spent most of the day removing my old machine and all of its cables etc, and replacing with a new Mac Studio and display. I have decided to order a 2nd Studio display so I will ship the one in the pic over to the left and have the other to its right. One for work one for play.
8A036E0E-4CE0-409B-A854-D0B15BBD24BD_1_201_a.jpeg

946A88FE-4DD3-44D3-ACC3-1E02F1652908_1_201_a.jpeg

Jamooche

macrumors regular
Jul 23, 2011
Spent most of the day removing my old machine and all of its cables etc, and replacing with a new Mac Studio and display. I have decided to order a 2nd Studio display so I will ship the one in the pic over to the left and have the other to its right. One for work one for play.
View attachment 1984287

View attachment 1984288
Nice setup! What are you using to light up behind the display? I've been thinking to get something like that but in a 6500K temperature better for photo editing. And love the watch box on the left. I recently sold all my watches on eBay since I only wear my Apple Watch these days and tired of all the costly repairs.

enricoclaudio

macrumors 6502a
Jun 5, 2017
Still installing apps and moving data from my 2017 iMac 5K but I should be done tomorrow. After finishing setting up my Mac Studio with a pair of LG 32UN880-B Ultrafine 4K, while they look great, they are not at the same level of my 2017 iMac 5K so after a few hours decided to place an order for a pair of Apple Studio Displays. One of the LGs will stay and the other, which is still in the return window, is going back to Costco.

IMG_1088.jpeg

IMG_1089.jpeg

IMG_1090.jpeg

Sir Ruben

macrumors 68000
Jul 3, 2010
UK
Nice setup! What are you using to light up behind the display? I've been thinking to get something like that but in a 6500K temperature better for photo editing. And love the watch box on the left. I recently sold all my watches on eBay since I only wear my Apple Watch these days and tired of all the costly repairs.
Thanks! Behind the display are 2 hue play bars attached to the wall with command strips (see pic), this way I don’t have to stick anything to the display itself.

The watch box is a timeline of my life, the first watch was for my 18th birthday, the second for my 21st, the 3rd when I was in my 30’s, then my Apple Watch, and finally my grail watch an Omega Speedmaster Professional. A gift to myself for surviving a massively traumatic event in my life.

Attachments

• 676C92C3-807B-4F72-B9E8-B1DFD80AC770.jpeg
    676C92C3-807B-4F72-B9E8-B1DFD80AC770.jpeg
    264.6 KB · Views: 227

ccsicecoke

macrumors 6502
Aug 19, 2010
Nice little setup. Now, can we remove the 'Energy Guide'? My OCD is starting to kick in 😂
PS: How close will you be sitting to the telly?

Yep got the tv brand new with steep discount and haven't had a chance to tear off those films.

TV is sitting against the wall on a 29'' wide desk which I feel it's the bare minimum width to comfortably use a 43'' screen.

Reactions: circatee

Sir Ruben

macrumors 68000
Jul 3, 2010
UK
Second Studio Display arrived today, so this is the current work in progress setup. I am considering moving the Mac to the far left under the first display as it feels its jutting out quite a bit in the middle as it is. Also, does anyone know if I can get the desktop wallpaper to span across both screens?
tempImageZsBX9G.jpg

Mr. Dee

macrumors 603
Dec 4, 2003
Jamaica
Second Studio Display arrived today, so this is the current work in progress setup. I am considering moving the Mac to the far left under the first display as it feels its jutting out quite a bit in the middle as it is. Also, does anyone know if I can get the desktop wallpaper to span across both screens? View attachment 1985324
You should add a little culture so you won't be zig-zagging between both monitors.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.