Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JFLECHUGA

macrumors regular
Aug 10, 2021
LeĆ³n (Spain)
They list all their subscription plans here, with a 7-days free trial:

In 7 days I don't have time to see and evaluate, the way I have done it they have 9.99+2.99+2.99 we are a business for them. šŸ˜”

cbns

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 21, 2021
Just as a follow-up question: did you try at first to only log out of your App Store Apple ID and log in with the German one, before logging out of your iCloud Apple ID completely? And was only changing the App Store Apple ID not enough?
No I did not try that. Logging into the app store wiht my german ID is enough to switch it also. Doesn't have to be the ID set in the phone settings.

Nice! Thanks for this

edit: whatā€™s odd is that this worked on my iPhone, but not my iPad. Maybe itā€™s because I logged in Fully with my European Apple ID on my phone and then back again, but did not on my iPad. And the only reason it works when I log back in through the Apple Store is because of the grace period.

Last edited:
Reactions: ManuCH

contacos

macrumors 601
Nov 11, 2020
Mexico City living in Berlin
No I did not try that. Logging into the app store wiht my german ID is enough to switch it also. Doesn't have to be the ID set in the phone settings.

Nice! Thanks for this

edit: whatā€™s odd is that this worked on my iPhone, but not my iPad. Maybe itā€™s because I logged in Fully with my European Apple ID on my phone and then back again, but did not on my iPad. And the only reason it works when I log back in through the Apple Store is because of the grace period.

iPad(OS) does not fall under the Digital Markets Act and Gatekeeper restrictions so no changes for iPad

one more

macrumors 601
Aug 6, 2015
Earth
So, on this day of 8 March, what can we, Europeans, actually do with these DMA changes? Still no free (not subscription based) alt app stores and no direct .ipa installs allowed. So far the only real notable change was a browser selection pop-up window andā€¦ that is pretty much it. šŸ¤”

• Haha
Reactions: iOS Geek

contacos

macrumors 601
Nov 11, 2020
Mexico City living in Berlin
DMA was mainly put in place for businesses to have a fair chance against big players, that (us) end users have anything from it is just a side effect.

Letā€™s see how long it will take for the first Chromium Browser to actually arrive. I personally wouldnā€™t even bother since itā€™s EU only and not for iPad either

Lex404

macrumors regular
Sep 15, 2023
PL (&US)

They changed their stance on Epic feud.

Not surprised.

one more

macrumors 601
Aug 6, 2015
Earth
Thereā€™s been so many months that companies knew sideloading was coming and 1 week following the release of 17.4 not a single developer has released an app outside of app storeā€¦ what are they waiting for?

Appleā€™s so called ā€œuser-protectiveā€ conditions made sure it is as awkward for developers as possible, that is why.

Last edited:
Reactions: UliBaer and Sparxxx

stevenaaus

macrumors member
Oct 23, 2013
Apple are starting to show their true **** colours ;> They require a
$1,000,000 line of credit for anyone to open a Eu sideloading store!

Reactions: FtaWolf
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.