Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

chhhrrriiisss

macrumors 6502a
Mar 29, 2009
Connecticut
it could have been an issue with the first batch, not entirely sure. I've had mine on for months without issue, but I also have been careful when removing and putting on the case. Either way, if you guys have issues, we'll take care of them!

I respect that and still love this case a lot!

satinsilverem2

macrumors 6502a
Nov 12, 2013
Richmond, VA
Ive had my case for a little over month and this happened. Ive never dropped it or anything. I think it developed a small crack that I never noticed and it snagged on something and ripped the piece off. Super bummed because I love this case.

Attachments

• IMG_0062.JPG
    IMG_0062.JPG
    537.5 KB · Views: 335

djstile

macrumors regular
Jun 17, 2009
Still love this case, but unfortunately my replacement case cracked as well. Seems it might actually be a tad bit too thin.

blue rocket

Suspended
Original poster
Jul 28, 2010
CT, USA
They might be fragile, but they feel better then any other case I have for the S+ and they are backed by a great warranty. They would be a steal for twice the price.

thanks for the nice comment! I couldn't agree more, I've gone through 20+ cases myself and is the reason I wanted to make our own case, I never purchased a case that I was completely happy with and was hoping to make a case that would help people stop the search for the perfect case. It's a tradeoff for being ultra thin and feeling so nice, we could have make them thicker but it would take away from how great the make your phone feel!

dtb01

macrumors newbie
May 18, 2016
my case has cracked as well in specific the camera cutout from just removing the case. slightly disappointed as phone was never dropped

blaine07

macrumors 68020
Nov 14, 2014
Oklahoma
my case has cracked as well in specific the camera cutout from just removing the case. slightly disappointed as phone was never dropped

Mine too. Disappointing. Not even sure how long I've had mine but they finally replied to my email today and told me since I have had it longer than three months the BEST they can do is half off. Min broke EXACTLY where you describe. Bummer because I really liked it. If they're not willing to warranty it at all I guess I'll chalk it up as lesson learned. Glad it wasn't expensive.

SF-RR7

macrumors regular
Dec 29, 2010
Just got my case today and hope they sorted everything out but I doubt it.

At least I have Evutech osprey case witch is very very nice.

blaine07

macrumors 68020
Nov 14, 2014
Oklahoma
Just got my case today and hope they sorted everything out but I doubt it.

At least I have Evutech osprey case witch is very very nice.

Yea I doubt it. At least others in this thread they replaced that broke. They told me I had mine more than 30 days or something ludicrous.

chugg

macrumors regular
Oct 14, 2008
Mine just cracked and I never removed the case from the phone at all. Anyone considering the case should probably hold off.

Reactions: blaine07

Iceage

macrumors 6502
Apr 17, 2010
Mine just cracked and I never removed the case from the phone at all. Anyone considering the case should probably hold off.

Me too. I've had it about two months and never toke it off. This morning I noticed the crack.

danny8200

macrumors 65816
Oct 27, 2014
Chicopee, MA
My fault for not going through the entire thread, but can someone post a link to the purchase site so I can check this out?

Edit: Found it.

blue rocket

Suspended
Original poster
Jul 28, 2010
CT, USA
hey guys, we haven't gone away, just haven't been frequenting the forums quite as much and I apologize for not keeping up with the comments.

If your case does snap at the camera lens area, we are offering replacements depending on when the case was purchased. Unfortunately, we do not have a true warrantee with these cases, but if you've owned it for less than 3 months and you experience any issues -- send us an email with your full name and include pics of the issue and we'll do our best to honor a replacement. We do review these on a case by case (no pun intended) basis and use our best judgment when replacing them.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.