Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Do you have hissing problem with your new iPhone 7

• Yes

Votes: 77 64.2%
  • No

Votes: 32 26.7%
  • I don't care

Votes: 11 9.2%

• Total voters

Alexrat1996

macrumors 601
Mar 29, 2015
Lehigh valley PA
Who knows???!! use magnifying glass next time to find any micro defect in your next replacement :D
I tired that once and never found anything on my iPhone 5s
[doublepost=1476496739][/doublepost]
If you continue looking for problems you'll continue to find problems.

JUST. USE. YOUR. PHONE.
It's not that I just want them to fix my current phone so I can keep the same one

AZhappyjack

Suspended
Jul 3, 2011
Happy Jack, AZ
Mines has hiss gate notice it while running geek bench mark 4 on the iPhone 7 jet black on the back Apple logo hopefully Apple will swap this time. First time they swap no hiss but that one was replaced due to dust under display but this replacement does make the hiss noise

Really impressive. You downloaded the GeekBench utility just so you can hear your phone hiss?

As others have said, if you go looking for flaws with your tech devices, you will probably find something. Just use the damn thing and stop obsessing about it.

Reactions: T5BRICK

FoxMike

macrumors regular
Oct 7, 2016
Columbus, Ohio
No it does not I have two iPhone 6 one 128 GB and 64GB
It sure does. I held it up to my ear after I got my 7plus and it makes the same processor whine. Not as loud but it's there. You will be amazed on how many devices "coil whine" it's not just iPhones. Your iPhone may completely burn in the chip and it may never make the noise or it may not. My 7plus jet black whines but it doesn't bother me. Because I am use to it.

rudedude

macrumors newbie
Jun 8, 2010
Own what I'm assuming is a later model 7+, it hisses under stress and I can hear it if I put my ear right next to it. Doesn't bother me. It's probably coil whine, that just means my phone works hard to make me happy. It really doesn't hurt any part of the phone and isn't noticeable unless I'm looking for it.
Stop putting your phone up to your ear unless you have a call.

sookainian

macrumors regular
Feb 16, 2008
Singapore
My iphone 7 plus JB 256gb also have the hissing sound. Apple sent me a replacement but also have hissing sound.

My gf iPhone 7 plus JB 128gb totally silent.

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
Another forum member spoke with Apple on the concern and commented earlier that the hissing noise is contributed to a more powerful processor under an intense load, causing the coil noise. It's not uncommon, Annoying yes, but not necessarily defective.

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
But some Apple Store are replacing them

Right. And many others have stated their replacement devices are still making the hissing noise or it appears it slightly fainter. None the less, it's not been deemed a hardware failure. It also depends on the tasking loads you are subjecting the iPhone too. Not everyone may or may not notice, depending on how you use the iPhone.

Reactions: Alexrat1996

AZhappyjack

Suspended
Jul 3, 2011
Happy Jack, AZ
I had mine replaced today actually. In Phoenix. Genius Bar rep said it was a known issue and they are replacing many for this issue. He said my phone would be sent to engineering to try an determine the cause of the hiss.

After the release of a new model, Apple engineers will often request that the Genius Bar reps "capture" a number of devices that exhibit various reported issues so that the engineers can investigate the reports and decide what modifications can be made to fix any issues.

They did have it in stock or did they have to order you one

Following release, Apple typically reserves a limited number of each model and configuration for warranty issues. As time passes, and more devices are reconditioned, Apple will have a supply of reconditioned/refurbished devices in each model and configuration for warranty exchanges.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.