Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Do you have hissing problem with your new iPhone 7

• Yes

Votes: 77 64.2%
  • No

Votes: 32 26.7%
  • I don't care

Votes: 11 9.2%

• Total voters

The Game 161

macrumors Nehalem
Dec 15, 2010
UK
heard the hissing when i touched my phone when on charge last night
However when I wasn’t I didn’t notice the sound..so I certainly wouldn’t return it based on something that you only hear when touching the phone.

newellj

macrumors G3
Oct 15, 2014
East of Eden
I'm pretty sure they all suffer from it. Anyone who tells you otherwise either doesn't notice it or doesn't care.

I had two that I bought the first day they were for sale. Both had IC noise, but one was worse than the other. I returned those two. I bought another one yesterday and it either doesn't have the click/tap IC noises or it's much, much better.

The thing is, it wouldn't bother me at all if it didn't show up in video recordings :/

Absolutely agree, to me that's the big issue.

Same, I don't mind the processor hiss but the video recording buzz is ridiculous. There's no way to mask that white noise

Agree on the white noise, but that might be something that can be corrected in a future update of iOS, since it may be possible to deal with that by changing how the phone's circuits process the audio input. I'm not an audio engineer nor a systems engineer, so I don't know how easy, or hard, that might be.

At0m1cPunk

macrumors newbie
Jun 19, 2010
I think another part of this vote should be which carrier is used to reflect the two different cellular radio chipsets used. Intel and Qualcomm. I have a Verizon phone with the Qualcomm chips and I have the noise. My coworker has an AT&T phone using the Intel chips and it is dead silent. Im not saying it is the Qualcomm chips alone, but they may be causing interference with something else.

eggersj

macrumors 6502
Apr 23, 2008
Update - Just got back from Apple Store... They exchanged my 7 plus black 128gb with a brand new one of the same spec.

It hisses just the same.

I am about to return it and keep 6s...
[doublepost=1475599978][/doublepost]
how perfect?

better than Sofia Vergara's rack...

steve gee

macrumors member
Oct 1, 2016
heard the hissing when i touched my phone when on charge last night
However when I wasn’t I didn’t notice the sound..so I certainly wouldn’t return it based on something that you only hear when touching the phone.
Record a video then play it back

laytonoid

macrumors newbie
Oct 13, 2016
Update - Just got back from Apple Store... They exchanged my 7 plus black 128gb with a brand new one of the same spec.

It hisses just the same.

I am about to return it and keep 6s...
[doublepost=1475599978][/doublepost]

better than Sofia Vergara's rack...

I had the same problem! My wife's phone made noises/hissing/crackling and now the new one they replaced it with does the same thing. Suppppper lame.

Alexrat1996

macrumors 601
Mar 29, 2015
Lehigh valley PA
Mines has hiss gate notice it while running geek bench mark 4 on the iPhone 7 jet black on the back Apple logo hopefully Apple will swap this time. First time they swap no hiss but that one was replaced due to dust under display but this replacement does make the hiss noise

Mefisto

macrumors 65816
Mar 9, 2015
Finland
I have spent a good portion of the last hour trying to find any out of the ordinary (read: any) noises emanating from my iPhone, and have failed to do so.

Granted, my ears aren't what they once used to be, but even so I'd say my phone only makes noises when I tell it to, and that's it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.