Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

zerom

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 17, 2018
Bozen, Italy
Correct, but I think the terminal command also only work with SIP disabled. Of course you can try. Nothing hurt.
Yeah, threw at me error code: 0xe00002bc

You could just try disabling NVRAM in SIP, that's all BootChamp actually needs to be able to boot in to Windows.

Code:
csrutil enable -–without nvram

Going to try this then. Should I hit enter two times to accept the warning also?
Then type reboot?
[doublepost=1534668415][/doublepost]I am out. Tried everything, still enabled, nothing works.
GT120 is my last resort then.

zerom

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 17, 2018
Bozen, Italy
At what point do you realize that Apple is actively trying to kill the cMP, and you move on?

It might be so, but if others with the cMP disabled SIP successfully, why mine cannot? Does not make any sense to me.

Moreover, the cMP is a beautiful piece of Mac. I will not get rid of it just because of SIP problems.

I have a 15" 2017 MacBook Pro with the maximum specs for that model, still like my cMP more.

However yeah, it seems so. But just because Apple is denying its own creation now, it does not mean I have to.

zerom

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 17, 2018
Bozen, Italy
Greetings again,

I have a problem.

I got my hands on a GT120, but when I put it inside my MacPro, the fans start spinning at full max speed for no reason. When I take it out, they do not.

Might it be a faulty card?

Squuiid

macrumors 68000
Oct 31, 2006
Greetings again,

I have a problem.

I got my hands on a GT120, but when I put it inside my MacPro, the fans start spinning at full max speed for no reason. When I take it out, they do not.

Might it be a faulty card?
Try PRAM reset, but yes, it does sound like a faulty card.

Squuiid

macrumors 68000
Oct 31, 2006
Tried NVRAM/PRAM reset and now the fans spin OK.
Had to do it twice though.

The card is faulty or not then..?
Nope, sounds like it should be ok. See how it goes. If it happens again then it might well be.

zerom

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 17, 2018
Bozen, Italy
Nope, sounds like it should be ok. See how it goes. If it happens again then it might well be.
When first I tried switching OSes pressing "alt" the fans started spinning like crazy again, so I did another reset and now seems to be fine. Hopefully, it will keep being fine.
Thank you!
[doublepost=1536861565][/doublepost]Okay, why the GT120 consumes more than a RX580 at idle?
[doublepost=1536861601][/doublepost]--screenshot

Attachments

• スクリーンショット 2018-09-13 19.58.04.png
    スクリーンショット 2018-09-13 19.58.04.png
    224.3 KB · Views: 118

zerom

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 17, 2018
Bozen, Italy
Update.
It literally needs a PRAM reset at each shutdown/turn on cycle. If I restart after PRAM reset it work. Shut it down, boom.

Going to keep it just for emergency, bye windows. Only MacOS from now on.

zerom

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 17, 2018
Bozen, Italy
Run out of battery?

I don't think so. It does that only if the GT120 is inserted. Put that out, works fine.
My Mac Pro profusely despises GT120 in its guts, and my patience ran out. It is literally since July that I am putting hands in this bloody GPU situation.
I can live without Windows, I used it very seldom, now it is time to say bye completely.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.