Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Haswell
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
And, it is worth bearing in mind that Mr Pochettino is an excellent and thoughtful manager, who probably relishes the fact that he receives far less by way of media attention and scrutiny than some of those other - apparently worldly - sophisticated and cosmopolitan faces in the Premiership (such as Mr Mourinho, Mr Conte, Mr Gaurdiola, and some older hands such as Mr Wenger and Mr Ranieri).

Reactions: pachyderm

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Haswell
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
hopefully this is the start of their unravelling...

I think that may be a bit much to ask, but - at the very least - this will send the message that the right team with the right attitude - can actually inflict damage on them (Chelsea), and that they are not invincible.

Spurs fully deserve their win, and very well done to them for taking their chances.

evoluzione

macrumors 68020
I think that may be a bit much to ask, but - at the very least - this will send the message that the right team with the right attitude - can actually inflict damage on them.

Spurs fully deserve their win, and very well done to them for taking their chances.
oh, yeah, no doubt, but i can dream right? lol
but yes, if there's one thing the PL is good at, it's unpredictablility!

Reactions: Scepticalscribe

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Haswell
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
Spurs win 2-0 a very good win.

A very good win.

And now, to catch Arsenal by the ear, tweak that waxy ear, and remind them - gently, between gritted teeth - that dropping points this week (along with a few other recent slippages) Is Not A Particularly Good Idea Just Now.

But, very well done Spurs, and nice to see Chelsea with a bloody nose.

pachyderm

macrumors G4
Jan 12, 2008
Smyrna, TN
A very good win.

And now, to catch Arsenal by the ear, tweak that waxy ear, and remind them - gently, between gritted teeth - that dropping points this week (along with a few other recent slippages) Is Not A Particularly Good Idea Just Now.

But, very well done Spurs, and nice to see Chelsea with a bloody nose.

I like picturing Diego Costa with a bloody nose also...

Lord Blackadder

macrumors P6
May 7, 2004
Sod off
I'm glad someone finally beat Chelsea, otherwise the season could have gotten a bit boring.

The "Race for Fourth" should prove interesting though, since we now have six Big Teams trying to fit into four Champions League slots - and nobody wants to finish in 5th or 6th, with its Europa League entanglements. Most teams would probably prefer 7th if they can't finish fourth, but with Everton struggling that seems unlikely.

Rumors that Liverpool may still be trying to buy 18 year-old Christian Pulisic from Dortmund. I hope he stays put for now - he's too young for the pressure of a big-money move to England. But I'd love to see a US player in a Liverpool shirt, and if he continues to develop he could become a great player.

Apple fanboy

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Original poster
Feb 21, 2012
Behind the Lens, UK
Manchester City v West Ham tonight in the FA cup. Hope we can get a win. With the league unlikely to bring us any joy this year, it would be nice to have a good cup run.

Reactions: JamesMike

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Haswell
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
Not a great evening. Think I should have bought some beer! I could do with a stiff drink after that first half!

Yes, just checked the score: 3-0, and, while Manchester City may have had a soft goal, that scoreline doesn't really flatter them; they really are the far better team.

And yes, while I have no problems foreswearing grape and grain tonight, I think a few beers in your fridge might serve to assist you in coming to terms with that scoreline.

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Haswell
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
The Guardian used words like "dismal" and "dreadful" to describe West Ham's performance (and "excellent" to describe Manchester City's, saying that they had played "with verve and skill").

Well, the 5-0 score does tell its own sorry tale, - the Guardian remarked that this was - "a thrashing".

Apple fanboy

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Original poster
Feb 21, 2012
Behind the Lens, UK
The Guardian used words like "dismal" and "dreadful" to describe West Ham's performance (and "excellent" to describe Manchester City's, saying that they had played "with verve and skill").

Well, the 5-0 score does tell its own sorry tale, - the Guardian remarked that this was - "a thrashing".
It certainly was a thrashing :(

Not sure Slavan will be manager for much longer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.