Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

Maury

macrumors 6502
Mar 25, 2008
Just came across this thread.

The RichVision says that it is an IGZO panel. IGZO is the material in the backplane used to connect the switches in the LCD layer, it is not a type of display. It was introduced in 2012, so I suspect that most panels today use this instead of a-Si.

I'm going to go on a limb and suggest the RichVision is a IPS, it would seem extremely unlikely it's a VA or anything else.

Brake

macrumors newbie
Feb 8, 2024
Some news about my Digma pro art M display (RichVision) - it broke after two months =(
And it's too common problem with this model. Two months of working and that is all.
And I bought Viewsonic VG2781 5k from China. Can say, that it has better quality of image compere with iMac 5k or Digma (RichVision). Maybe Digma is near.. but Digma has worse glow.. and Digma is bit brighter.
Viewsonic has best Hub which I have ever seen in displays: two usb-c with power delivery, three usb-a, one usb-b.

Reactions: motrek and EugW

EugW

macrumors G5
Jun 18, 2017
Every year I check to see if the display industry has made any progress. It’s crazy that the 5K iMac screen was introduced 9.5 years ago, and Apple is still selling a variant of that display with minimal improvement (P3 color and 100 nits of brightness are nothing to write home about). It’s also crazy that Apple introduced MacBook Pro displays with true HDR (> 1000 nits and local dimming) and high refresh rate (120 Hz) 2.5 years ago, and they still haven’t provided desktop (Mac Studio and iMac) users a way to match that experience. The ridiculously priced Pro Display XDR gets you HDR at least, but no high refresh rate. Historically, laptops had worse displays because they were limited by space and cooling constraints, and needed to provide higher PPI because people use them at closer distances, so you would think it would be easier to produce a retina desktop display with HDR and high refresh rate, but apparently not.

If I were to upgrade from my 2019 iMac 5K at this point, I would consider the Dell 6k. If I can’t get HDR or high refresh rate in 5k resolution, at least the larger size and resolution would give me some improvement to get excited about.
I’m still waiting for a 30” 5K but I fear it will never arrive. For a 5K 5120x2880, I’d be happy with anything from 29-32”, but it seems 27” is the only option.

currocj

macrumors 6502a
Jul 8, 2008
Earth
Some news about my Digma pro art M display (RichVision) - it broke after two months =(
And it's too common problem with this model. Two months of working and that is all.
And I bought Viewsonic VG2781 5k from China. Can say, that it has better quality of image compere with iMac 5k or Digma (RichVision). Maybe Digma is near.. but Digma has worse glow.. and Digma is bit brighter.
Viewsonic has best Hub which I have ever seen in displays: two usb-c with power delivery, three usb-a, one usb-b.
Where did you buy your Viewsonic VG2781 5k from??

Also is it DisplayPort 1.2 or 1.4?

motrek

macrumors 68030
Sep 14, 2012
I’m still waiting for a 30” 5K but I fear it will never arrive. For a 5K 5120x2880, I’d be happy with anything from 29-32”, but it seems 27” is the only option.
Now that I've been using a 27" 1440p (logical resolution) monitor for the last 10 years, I'm finding myself in more and more situations where I want additional screen real estate.

I will sometimes bump myself up to 1692p but that's pretty small on 27".

Thinking about getting a 32" 4K monitor but that translates to only 1.63 physical pixels per logical pixel... not even twice as sharp as "standard" 1:1 resolution... ugh.

EugW

macrumors G5
Jun 18, 2017
Now that I've been using a 27" 1440p (logical resolution) monitor for the last 10 years, I'm finding myself in more and more situations where I want additional screen real estate.

I will sometimes bump myself up to 1692p but that's pretty small on 27".

Thinking about getting a 32" 4K monitor but that translates to only 1.63 physical pixels per logical pixel... not even twice as sharp as "standard" 1:1 resolution... ugh.
32” 4K is 138 ppi. I had one but it was too pixelated so I returned it. The problem is that it isn’t “Retina” until you’re seated 25” away or further from the screen, which is too far for a lot of people. I sit at about 22”-ish.

Reactions: motrek

Pauwtje

macrumors newbie
May 8, 2024
Just stumbled upon this thread, I pulled the trigger and ordered from their us website and paid with crypto. Let's see if its a scam or not. Will keep you posted.
Hi guys, I tried to order a Kuycon G27X 5K on clickclack.io but they don't ship to France even someone posted shipping to Europe was OK.
When I filled out the form, entering my French address returned me it was not possible to ship to.
So I contacted them to know if they could ship to France and the cost, I am waiting for their answer.

At the same time, while searching on the internet, I've found a website, kuycon.us where you can place your order, no problem with my shipment's adress and I could process to check out.
Then, I received an email who told me they will contact me soon.

I was quite surprising so I went back to the site, I saw they have Telegram, Whatsapp and Instagram accounts but no photos on Insta.
So I contacted them through WhatsApp without writing anything, just opened a conversation.

2 mn later, a guy wrote me and introduced himself as a Kuycon US representative, he gave me my number's order I placed and informed me they accept USD,EUR credit/debit cards, SWIFT and crypto.

When I asked him the cost for shipping to France, he told me it was $99 and included in the order I placed with no extra taxes for Europe, price is final.

IMO, it seems like a scam, I'd like to have your opinion.
Thanks for your feedbacks.

EDIT: clickclack.io answered we : they don't ship to France and doesn't have the plan to.

So do you thinks kuycon.us is a scam ? if it's, OP would update the list and highlight that the us website is a scam for other people.

Pauwtje

macrumors newbie
May 8, 2024
Read it was probably because from clickclack. Directly from seller (us website) is better

patent10021

macrumors 68040
Apr 23, 2004
Read it was probably because from clickclack. Directly from seller (us website) is better
please report back with your results sir. I've heard the monitor settings are a bit inconvenient because they're not automatic like Apple displays and you need the remote, but the picture and VESA mount is all I care about really.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.