Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

frou

macrumors 65816
Mar 14, 2009
5120x2160 at 40" has similar pixel density to a non-Retina 17" MBP fifteen years ago. Meh!

Last edited:
Reactions: BafS

roosvelt

macrumors newbie
Sep 22, 2012
Hi guys, I tried to order a Kuycon G27X 5K on clickclack.io but they don't ship to France even someone posted shipping to Europe was OK.
When I filled out the form, entering my French address returned me it was not possible to ship to.
So I contacted them to know if they could ship to France and the cost, I am waiting for their answer.

At the same time, while searching on the internet, I've found a website, kuycon.us where you can place your order, no problem with my shipment's adress and I could process to check out.
Then, I received an email who told me they will contact me soon.

I was quite surprising so I went back to the site, I saw they have Telegram, Whatsapp and Instagram accounts but no photos on Insta.
So I contacted them through WhatsApp without writing anything, just opened a conversation.

2 mn later, a guy wrote me and introduced himself as a Kuycon US representative, he gave me my number's order I placed and informed me they accept USD,EUR credit/debit cards, SWIFT and crypto.

When I asked him the cost for shipping to France, he told me it was $99 and included in the order I placed with no extra taxes for Europe, price is final.

IMO, it seems like a scam, I'd like to have your opinion.
Thanks for your feedbacks.

EDIT: clickclack.io answered we : they don't ship to France and doesn't have the plan to.

So do you thinks kuycon.us is a scam ? if it's, OP would update the list and highlight that the us website is a scam for other people.

Last edited:
Reactions: picpicmac

justmadeupname

macrumors member
Jul 18, 2022
Hi guys, I tried to order a Kuycon G27X 5K on clickclack.io but they don't ship to France even someone posted shipping to Europe was OK.
When I filled out the form, entering my French address returned me it was not possible to ship to.
So I contacted them to know if they could ship to France and the cost, I am waiting for their answer.

At the same time, while searching on the internet, I've found a website, kuycon.us where you can place your order, no problem with my shipment's adress and I could process to check out.

I was quite surprising so I went back to the site, I saw they have Telegram, Whatsapp and Instagram accounts but no photos on Insta.
So I contacted them through WhatsApp without writing anything, just opened a conversation.

2 mn later, a guy wrote me and introduced himself as a Kuycon US representative, he gave me my number's order I placed and informed me they accept USD,EUR credit/debit cards, SWIFT and crypto.

When I asked him the cost for shipping to France, he told me it was $99 and included in the order I placed with no extra taxes for Europe, price is final.

EDIT: clickclack.io answered we : they don't ship to France and doesn't have the plan to.

So do you thinks kuycon.us is a scam ? if it's, OP would update the list and highlight that the us website is a scam for other people.
Yes that seems a bit odd that you can't pay on their website - it put me off.

Get onto Reddit (if no one can say here) and ask how people paid for their monitors from Kuycon.us.

Also check with your Credit Card provider if you are covered - assuming your order with a Credit Card.

In the end I was put off ordering by only the one year warranty and potential shipping back to USA/China in case of issues/repairs - the saving (compared to the Apple Studio Display's price) wasn't worth it for me to ship to Europe (UK).

Arthur75

macrumors 6502
Mar 9, 2015
paris, france

Looking to get it in France as well !
Might end up with the Samsung S9 though, which starts to have promotions periods apparently
But I really miss a 30ish 5K 16:9 !

Last edited:

Arthur75

macrumors 6502
Mar 9, 2015
paris, france
@rosvelt,

I also went through the order process at kuycon.us, and indeed they told me that they DO ship to Europe and France in particular with additional discount if crypto.
What makes you think it is a scam exactly ? Anybody else ordered from them ?

roosvelt

macrumors newbie
Sep 22, 2012
as justmadeupname said, no possiblity to pay on their website, offer disocutn if you pay with crypto etc...

I've found another website, domain name Russia, Kuycon.ru 1098€ with the height adjustable stand and the perfored back display

Last edited:

T'hain Esh Kelch

macrumors 603
Aug 5, 2001
Denmark
5120x2160 at 40" has similar pixel density to a non-Retina 17" MBP fifteen years ago. Meh!
Indeed sad, but at least the new Dell display is the first to give us 5K resolutions at 120hz, which is quite an improvement, and I will likely get it because of that. 32-34" would be better, but I'll manage.

roosvelt

macrumors newbie
Sep 22, 2012
Indeed sad, but at least the new Dell display is the first to give us 5K resolutions at 120hz, which is quite an improvement, and I will likely get it because of that. 32-34" would be better, but I'll manage.

Which model please ?

Edit : found U4025QW

I thought you're talking about a 27" 5K

Last edited:

picpicmac

macrumors 65816
Aug 10, 2023
is this new ViewSonic getting released outside of China?
Last fall when it was announced we looked for information on availability and could not find it. Even on the Viewsonic global page the information is somewhat hidden. Here is the product page:

On the list of products, on the global site, the model is still listed as "COMING SOON", as of today:

Screen Shot 2024-01-21 at 12.56.05 AM.png

It's been like that for a while. I wonder if Viewsonic is having source problems for it.

Given that Viewsonic is usually reasonably priced in the US, hopefully the 5K version of this monitor will be well under $1000. The 4K version is reasonably priced and seems to be well received: https://www.amazon.com/ViewSonic-VP2756-4K-Calibrated-DisplayPort-Professional/dp/B08V1225XS .

Brake

macrumors newbie
Feb 8, 2024
HI there!
You know about Digma Pro art M? It's Russian brand, and I bought it 2 weeks ago.
I read that this model basis on Rich Vision RV100.
The official prise is about 500$, but it very possible to buy it for ~350$ (like me).
I use Digma with MacBook Pro m1 14 by usb-c and it works great. Display has best contrast that I ever have seen (for standard ips panels).

mtbdudex

macrumors 68030
Aug 28, 2007
SE Michigan
HI there!
You know about Digma Pro art M? It's Russian brand, and I bought it 2 weeks ago.
I read that this model basis on Rich Vision RV100.
The official prise is about 500$, but it very possible to buy it for ~350$ (like me).
I use Digma with MacBook Pro m1 14 by usb-c and it works great. Display has best contrast that I ever have seen (for standard ips panels).

Well you’ve been with this forum a total of 6 hours and make 1 post to give a review of a monitor ..
09926492aed8182555b823b1b896a729.jpg

Brake

macrumors newbie
Feb 8, 2024
Well you’ve been with this forum a total of 6 hours and make 1 post to give a review of a monitor ..
09926492aed8182555b823b1b896a729.jpg
Yeah, it looks like.. ad, but it wasn't) In the morning I was searching for Rich Vision RV100, and step by step found that forum)
Maybe for you my comment will be helpful, because I think, that Rich Vision RV100 and Digma are the same models. That's all)

Archer13

macrumors newbie
Jan 10, 2011
is this new ViewSonic getting released outside of China? Price equivalent seems to be about $900.
Adjustable stand, 2000:1 IPS black panel, Multiple inputs!

VG2781-5K

I don't understand chinese, but I can clearly see and hear about KVM! :)

dylanhu

macrumors newbie
Feb 18, 2024
New Kuycon G27P: https://www.kuycon.us/monitors/G27P/

Only differences from G27X I could identify:
  • 30% thinner
  • Native 10-bit (I think)
  • DP1.4 with DSC
  • HDMI 2.1 vs 2.0
  • 2 new USB A on side
  • Audio jack on side instead of back
  • $1099 vs $999 from Kuycon
Not really worth the difference in price from the G27X for $699 from clickclack...

Reactions: BafS

gtg465x

macrumors 6502a
Sep 12, 2016
Every year I check to see if the display industry has made any progress. It’s crazy that the 5K iMac screen was introduced 9.5 years ago, and Apple is still selling a variant of that display with minimal improvement (P3 color and 100 nits of brightness are nothing to write home about). It’s also crazy that Apple introduced MacBook Pro displays with true HDR (> 1000 nits and local dimming) and high refresh rate (120 Hz) 2.5 years ago, and they still haven’t provided desktop (Mac Studio and iMac) users a way to match that experience. The ridiculously priced Pro Display XDR gets you HDR at least, but no high refresh rate. Historically, laptops had worse displays because they were limited by space and cooling constraints, and needed to provide higher PPI because people use them at closer distances, so you would think it would be easier to produce a retina desktop display with HDR and high refresh rate, but apparently not.

If I were to upgrade from my 2019 iMac 5K at this point, I would consider the Dell 6k. If I can’t get HDR or high refresh rate in 5k resolution, at least the larger size and resolution would give me some improvement to get excited about.

Last edited:
Reactions: AlumaMac and frou

CWallace

macrumors G5
Aug 17, 2007
Seattle, WA
It’s also crazy that Apple introduced MacBook Pro displays with true HDR (> 1000 nits and local dimming) and high refresh rate (120 Hz) 2.5 years ago, and they still haven’t provided desktop (Mac Studio or iMac) users a way to match that experience.

If nothing else, it is a lack of single-cable bandwidth over Thunderbolt that is holding back high-resolution, high-refresh rate Retina displays for Mac desktops. TB5 will finally provide sufficient bandwidth to allow high-refresh rates at high resolutions with high color depths.

As Apple's TB controllers are part of the SoC, I do hope Apple adopts it for M4.

Reactions: eldho and Bigwaff

roosvelt

macrumors newbie
Sep 22, 2012
Every year I check to see if the display industry has made any progress. It’s crazy that the 5K iMac screen was introduced 9.5 years ago, and Apple is still selling a variant of that display with minimal improvement (P3 color and 100 nits of brightness are nothing to write home about). It’s also crazy that Apple introduced MacBook Pro displays with true HDR (> 1000 nits and local dimming) and high refresh rate (120 Hz) 2.5 years ago, and they still haven’t provided desktop (Mac Studio and iMac) users a way to match that experience. The ridiculously priced Pro Display XDR gets you HDR at least, but no high refresh rate. Historically, laptops had worse displays because they were limited by space and cooling constraints, and needed to provide higher PPI because people use them at closer distances, so you would think it would be easier to produce a retina desktop display with HDR and high refresh rate, but apparently not.

If I were to upgrade from my 2019 iMac 5K at this point, I would consider the Dell 6k. If I can’t get HDR or high refresh rate in 5k resolution, at least the larger size and resolution would give me some improvement to get excited about.

3K€ for a 32" who provide only 450 cd/m2 of brightness, doesn't seem like a good deal IMO

gtg465x

macrumors 6502a
Sep 12, 2016
3K€ for a 32" who provide only 450 cd/m2 of brightness, doesn't seem like a good deal IMO

$2,329 in the US... only slightly more than the Apple Studio Display, which is $1,899-$2,199 with the height adjustable stand. 450 vs 600 cd/m2 brightness is not a big difference in my opinion. I was just at the store the other day comparing M2 and M3 MacBook Pros, and even side by side, 500 vs 600 cd/m2 brightness was very hard to notice any difference. I think the 40% larger screen size and 44% more pixels of the Dell 6K would make a much greater difference in my daily use. I currently have a 2019 iMac 5K and keep the brightness two notches below max in the daytime, which is probably 400-450 cd/m2 anyways. I don't need 600 nits for SDR use. I would only care about high brightness for HDR purposes, if the display could show HDR highlights at 1000-1600 cd/m2 like the XDR displays.

roosvelt

macrumors newbie
Sep 22, 2012
$2,329 in the US... only slightly more than the Apple Studio Display, which is $1,899-$2,199 with the height adjustable stand. 450 vs 600 cd/m2 brightness is not a big difference in my opinion. I was just at the store the other day comparing M2 and M3 MacBook Pros, and even side by side, 500 vs 600 cd/m2 brightness was very hard to notice any difference. I think the 40% larger screen size and 44% more pixels of the Dell 6K would make a much greater difference in my daily use. I currently have a 2019 iMac 5K and keep the brightness two notches below max in the daytime, which is probably 400-450 cd/m2 anyways. I don't need 600 nits for SDR use. I would only care about high brightness for HDR purposes, if the display could show HDR highlights at 1000-1600 cd/m2 like the XDR displays.

I'm on the same boat, iMac 5K 2020, last Intel product.
I'm agree with you between 500 VS 600 cd/m2, I don't think you'll see a difference but downgrade from 500 to 450, even if finally it's only 50
cd/m2 less, I don't know.

By the way, sorry I was mistaken, in EU it's 2600€ VS 1750€ for the ASD without option and standard glass.

If you pull the trigger for the tilt- and height-adjustable stand you'll pay 2210€

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.