Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Do you think Apple needs to redesign the keyboard, trackpad, and other aspects of the Touchbar MBP?

• Yes

Votes: 290 65.0%
  • No

Votes: 156 35.0%

• Total voters

booksbooks

Suspended
Original poster
Aug 28, 2013
Just got a new 16" MacBook pro loaded the other day. Very happy with it so far. The keyboard is way better for starters. The speakers are mind-blowing. The larger screen is great. The speed is nice. It hits a lot of marks. So far, best Apple laptop in a long time.

I sold my 2017 TouchBar MacBook Pro: thank the stars that the thing is out of my life.

MrGunnyPT

macrumors 65816
Mar 23, 2017
Just got a new 16" MacBook pro loaded the other day. Very happy with it so far. The keyboard is way better for starters. The speakers are mind-blowing. The larger screen is great. The speed is nice. It hits a lot of marks. So far, best Apple laptop in a long time.

I sold my 2017 TouchBar MacBook Pro: thank the stars that the thing is out of my life.

I also had nightmares with my 13" 2017.. So far so good with this 16"

Velin

macrumors 68020
Jul 23, 2008
Hearst Castle

Many, many of us agree. And agree strongly. I hope Apple releases sales figures for these 16" Pros, they have to be selling a lot of them.

Reactions: booksbooks

senttoschool

macrumors 68030
Nov 2, 2017

Imagine the 16" Macbook Pro but $500 cheaper without the useless and annoying touchbar. That's what I expected in 2016 when Apple first released the follow up to the Retina Macbook Pro.

Apple is going backwards on their decisions and fans are overcoming with joy. Now get rid of the touchbar so we can have function keys again and knock $500 off the price. Also get rid of the oversized trackpad that forces you to type with your palm resting on it.

Reactions: c0ppo

49erRedGold

Suspended
Dec 8, 2019
Imagine the 16" Macbook Pro but $500 cheaper without the useless and annoying touchbar. That's what I expected in 2016 when Apple first released the follow up to the Retina Macbook Pro.

Apple is going backwards on their decisions and fans are overcoming with joy. Now get rid of the touchbar so we can have function keys again and knock $500 off the price. Also get rid of the oversized trackpad that forces you to type with your palm resting on it.

Where did you get the notion that the Touch Bar is an added $500? That's absurd.

AustinIllini

macrumors G5
Oct 20, 2011
Austin, TX
I never understood why Apple went with such a ginormous trackpad ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
It's just a little too big. As I type right now on my 16" more than half my palms are basically resting on the trackpad.

It is a little too big, but it is still likely the best trackpad in the business with the Surface line as a close second.

booksbooks

Suspended
Original poster
Aug 28, 2013

Agreed on both fronts. Look at threads I started lamenting the oversized trackpad and stupid, useless TouchBar.

The TouchBar is more useless and annoying than my ex-wife, and that is saying ALOT.
[automerge]1576909538[/automerge]
Where did you get the notion that the Touch Bar is an added $500? That's absurd.

It’s not absurd dude.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.