Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

_Refurbished_

macrumors 68020
Mar 23, 2007
I think iPhone X looks better than most of it's competitors. Example :- upcoming Google Pixel 2
View attachment 723132
The Pixel 2 XL > iPhone X (stritcly design). The regular pixel is just plain fugly though.
[doublepost=1507033839][/doublepost]
Only that video you're watching is 16:9 aspect ratio on a 2:1 iPhone X which means the sides get cut so you still don't see the notch...
The main reason I preferred a larger display on my 7+ was to watch videos. If the iPhone X cannot increase the size of videos over a standard 7, it would be pointless for my usage.

Reactions: Sunny1990

SR71

macrumors 68000
Jan 12, 2011
Boston, MA
Lool there's an awful lot of bezel on that phone, and people would say this looks better than the Notch?? I think some people are in denial...

That's what I'm saying! I'll take the tiny little notch over a bezel. It's such a tiny amount of space, I really think people are making a bigger deal out of it than it is. Can't wait to get my X, I've been waiting for the iPhone to get OLED for so long... I guess the S8+ spoiled me.

What color are you going for? I'm thinking space gray for that stealth look, but then I think of what'll happen to the black PVD coated stainless steel on the space gray over time and that makes me want to get silver. Still think I'll go with space gray. Or maybe silver. Ugh who knows.

Reactions: Bane-Thunder

Bane-Thunder

macrumors 6502
Mar 12, 2014
That's what I'm saying! I'll take the tiny little notch over a bezel. It's such a tiny amount of space, I really think people are making a bigger deal out of it than it is. Can't wait to get my X, I've been waiting for the iPhone to get OLED for so long... I guess the S8+ spoiled me.

What color are you going for? I'm thinking space gray for that stealth look, but then I think of what'll happen to the black PVD coated stainless steel on the space gray over time and that makes me want to get silver. Still think I'll go with space gray. Or maybe silver. Ugh who knows.

Exactly my thoughts!

I'm going for the silver as i really love the white back and have done since the iPhone 4S. It hasn't been around for so long!

AnthonyG6

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 13, 2017
"X Gon' Give It To Ya!" - DMX
[doublepost=1507042006][/doublepost]The 'Notch' is a thing of beauty in my eyes. You will have the option of watching videos 'zoomed in' and thus incorporating the notch or 'zoomed out' where the notch will be 'hidden' by a blacked out screen to the left and right of the notch. Also with a 1000000:1 Contrast Ratio, the blacked out part will be proper black. The X is the only phone that looks truly bezelless because all the corners are curved. Until they figure out how to put all the sensors and components under the screen, this is the best design we could wish for (in my opinion). Long live the Notch and I hope it will become as iconic as the original home button.
[doublepost=1507042127][/doublepost]

I was originally going to go for the Silver but now I'm thinking of going for the Space Gray, still a bit undecided though.

The 'Notch' is a thing of beauty in my eyes.

I wouldn't necessarily say I find it a thing of beauty, but I definitely appreciate the notch for what it is. I like how it maximizes usable screen real estate, plus how it give the iPhone a distinctive look.

Regarding the esthetic nature of it, I think it's one of those things that grows on you as you get used to it. Remember how much everyone hated the name "iPad" when it was announced? ("It sounds like a lady product!!") Haha

Bane-Thunder

macrumors 6502
Mar 12, 2014
I wouldn't necessarily say I find it a thing of beauty, but I definitely appreciate the notch for what it is. I like how it maximizes usable screen real estate, plus how it give the iPhone a distinctive look.

Regarding the esthetic nature of it, I think it's one of those things that grows on you as you get used to it. Remember how much everyone hated the name "iPad" when it was announced? ("It sounds like a lady product!!") Haha

Haha iPad ahh yeah so true people flamed the name so much on forums. Now look no one remembers the hatred...

Same for the antenna bands... of the iPhone 6

MrX8503

macrumors 68020
Sep 19, 2010
I was originally going to go for the Silver but now I'm thinking of going for the Space Gray, still a bit undecided though.

I was leaning towards Space Gray and now I'm thinking about Silver because it looks like the OG iPhone. If Apple released a true black iPhone X, I would get that without hesitation.

Coffee50

macrumors 6502a
Apr 23, 2015
I'm not a huge fan of it, but it also doesn't bother me that much either.

It's one of those polarizing things, however, I also think because it's new, it might just take adjustment period for some people.

When the 6 was initially released, many didn't like the form factor & felt the the phone was too thin / uncomfortable, etc. Now many people are used to & have adapted to it.......While others still don't like it (and that's why the SE is still strong seller)

There used to be a single iPhone, now there are multiple options....no longer a one size fits all operation.

DNichter

macrumors G3
Apr 27, 2015
Philadelphia, PA
The more I see the X, the more I like it. I think it's a beautiful device with great size/screen. Face ID also looks to work very well already on pre-release hardware/software. Looking forward to the new gesture based UI as well. Can't wait.

AnthonyG6

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 13, 2017
The new Pixel looks sh*te from the back and from the front it looks like any other Android phone, mostly sh*te.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.