Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

NordicBoots

macrumors regular
Apr 9, 2019
The only thing on that list that is written in Lucida Grande is "Favorites".

Everything else is still in SF.
Oh boy... I guess I've corrupted my system. Can't even roll back to SF. And all text in my system is a mixture of SF and LG. I have to rebuild my system first.

Last edited:

StellarVixen

macrumors 68040
Mar 1, 2018
Somewhere between 0 and 1
Oh boy... I guess I've corrupted my system. Can't even roll back to SF. And all text in my system is a mixture of SF and LG. I have to rebuild my system fist.

I hope you have Time Machine.

OK, it is getting more and more glossy and lickable.

I messed up the checkbox button, it looks too large. While inactive, it looks OK. :(

And sliders also need to be done.

I am gonna make this work, because now I see that it can be made to work. I am not gonna leave default elements, I want to eliminate the GUI inconsistency as much as possible.

why didn’t I continue with this, I can’t remember. I was on a good path.

that huge “check” button was caused by using retina resolution element for non retina resolution. It wasnt something impossible to fix.

NordicBoots

macrumors regular
Apr 9, 2019
I hope you have Time Machine.

why didn’t I continue with this, I can’t remember. I was on a good path.

that huge “check” button was caused by using retina resolution element for non retina resolution. It wasnt something impossible to fix.
Why don't you try again?

asdfnose123

macrumors newbie
Aug 25, 2019
Allan.Nyholm, I didn't see the "iTunesAsset" folder in the folder: "LeopardEsque_revision05-05-2018" for OS X El Capitan and macOS Sierra. Maybe, you forgot "iTunesAsset" on "LeopardEsque_revision05-05-2018".

allan.nyholm

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Nov 22, 2007
Aalborg, Denmark
Allan.Nyholm, I didn't see the "iTunesAsset" folder in the folder: "LeopardEsque_revision05-05-2018" for OS X El Capitan and macOS Sierra. Maybe, you forgot "iTunesAsset" on "LeopardEsque_revision05-05-2018".

Yeah, you're right. Thanks for the heads up. There's iTunes-Assets here LeopardEsqueExtra_revision03-05-2018

I haven't tested any of this in the longest time.

mbert

macrumors member
Dec 18, 2016
Allan, have you made any progress creating something "retro" for Catalina?

allan.nyholm

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Nov 22, 2007
Aalborg, Denmark
Allan, have you made any progress creating something "retro" for Catalina?

No, sadly not at all. However, it's there - the desire to do something. I have all assets ready(probably taking a too big of a mouthful there) but the 'putting together' part is not something I'm engaging myself in at the moment. I'm also just really tired these past months. Computer screentime is reduced greatly.

Reactions: mbert

allan.nyholm

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Nov 22, 2007
Aalborg, Denmark
This doesn't seem to work with the latest iTunes. What's the last version it works with?

Hmm ... let me see. That's a good question. I can't say that I have the exact version number to go by.
I can't do anything about updating it unless you share the latest iTunes Assets.car file from latest security iTunes update on High Sierra 10.13.6.
I can then copy the assets over for you, blindly I might add, because the actual testing has to be done on your Mac. :)

If you're down with that I can help. I only have macOS Catalina installed currently.

All is of course dependent on you so if you are uneasy with what I proposed then I will update here on my Mac with a installation of High Sierra. Actually, I wonder if I can use the Retroactive app to get latest iTunes installed on macOS Catalina and then just extract the Assets file, edit that, and send it off to you??! I doubt very much that the Retroactive app changes the Assets.car file that contains graphics for iTunes.. the actual code is the same.

If you would kindly, when you read this, get back to me?

james948

macrumors 6502
Nov 17, 2004
Can anyone tell me what I'm risking by disabling SIP, installing macforge, reenabling SIP?

allan.nyholm

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Nov 22, 2007
Aalborg, Denmark
Can anyone tell me what I'm risking by disabling SIP, installing macforge, reenabling SIP?

Nothing as such... On Catalina however I believe that SIP has to off all the time for MacForge to function. Or was it TotalFinder... probably that last one.. You can give it a go by disabling SIP and installing MacForge and reenable SIP. If that's all you then you should be very unfortunate to have gotten something that wrecks your OS in that time.

allan.nyholm

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Nov 22, 2007
Aalborg, Denmark
Ok, heres the assets.car file from iTunes 12.8.2:

The installer for iTunes 12.8.2 can be found here:

Try this link, please:

james948

macrumors 6502
Nov 17, 2004
Nothing as such... On Catalina however I believe that SIP has to off all the time for MacForge to function. Or was it TotalFinder... probably that last one.. You can give it a go by disabling SIP and installing MacForge and reenable SIP. If that's all you then you should be very unfortunate to have gotten something that wrecks your OS in that time.
Gotcha. Thanks!

Clickme

macrumors newbie
Feb 5, 2020
Thanks Allan.

Here is a screenshot. Not as nice as iTunes 11, but a big improvement.

Attachments

• itunes.png
    itunes.png
    2.4 MB · Views: 265

John R.

macrumors newbie
Mar 10, 2020
I'm getting sick of people who think that because an update is out, the entire thing is worthless. Some people have older systems, and I'm trying to build off of this to make it compatible with Mojave. It's still good, just clarify that it won't work with new versions.

Reactions: tompaulman

allan.nyholm

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Nov 22, 2007
Aalborg, Denmark
All the Jumpshare links in this thread lead to 404 error pages, could you please reupload the files for this theme elsewhere?

I sure will.. I have decided that the edit I made on the first page is just a dumb decision overall.

I will upload only to sources that I can control full and so I will upload to my dA account.

I'm getting sick of people who think that because an update is out, the entire thing is worthless. Some people have older systems, and I'm trying to build off of this to make it compatible with Mojave. It's still good, just clarify that it won't work with new versions.

I deeply apologize as the author of the thread and theme. First page will be edited and contain a link.

I can't explain why the theme doesn't have a place on my deviantart account to begin with :/

Okay - so apparently deviantart wants you to have an account to download anything -- pisses me off.

Will upload to OneDrive too here (I won't delete this either. I might just move the file around in the filesystem but if I do then the link will be updated accordingly: Download LeopardEsque for High Sierra from OneDrive

-Allan

Last edited:

NordicBoots

macrumors regular
Apr 9, 2019
Thank you so much again for sharing!!!
Is there also a mod for QuickTime Player 10.4 (traffic lights)?
Besides, I still can't find them for iMovie 10.1.
Many thanks in advance!

Last edited:

Clickme

macrumors newbie
Feb 5, 2020
Is anyone working on a theme for Catalina? High Sierra is EOL later this year.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.