Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TopToffee

macrumors 65816
Jul 9, 2008
Maybe you should see an optometrist. Normal eyesight doesn’t require such a large screen 8” from your face to be able to see it.
Weird shout. Every day usage hardly comparable to picking up a phone and having a play with it for a short spell in a store.

Is defending obvious trolls a new pastime I wasn’t aware of? No longer down with the kids :(

jcp007

macrumors 6502
Nov 6, 2020
Third Rock From the Sun
Thicker and heavier aren't necessarily descriptive of my experience. Compared to my iPhone 12 Pro Max, my iPhone 13 Pro Max is only slightly heavier. It seems to have a sense of being more dense. Overall, my iPhone 13 Pro Max has a much more premium feel than my iPhone 12 Pro Max.

Reactions: TopToffee

hemon

macrumors 6502
Oct 4, 2014
"More weight = more premium and I love it" Are you really such a sheep that you accept and justify the superior weight of the pro? I have no word for this.

Sorry but no, more weight is just bad (for the pocket, the hand or whatever …), stop!

And yes, I really wanted the pro but I cannot accept the more weight compared to the 13 which sometime I find to be uncomfortable in the pocket.

Royksöpp

macrumors 68020
Nov 4, 2013
Oddly enough the Pro looks thinner than the standard 13. I looked at both and the Pro still looked thin. Perhaps it's the huge camera system that makes it appear thinner?

DeepIn2U

macrumors G5
May 30, 2002
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
The first half of the first page in this thread rocks! The banter of 4 words or less takes me back to “Who’s On First” skit by Abbott & Castello. Classic.

What turned outs as frustration between to people just ended up being awesome comedy. And people insinuate others on threads don’t have a life. Some of us are in pandemic restrictions or hate cold weather or just saving funds for other goals no reason to spend. But threads like this are golden.

Reactions: decafjava

Hexley

Suspended
Jun 10, 2009
I wish all past iPhones from the 1st one in 2007 to today were thicker to have a larger battery.

240g + case is not that bad considering the lengthy battery life.

Last edited:

JCCL

macrumors 68020
Apr 3, 2010
Maybe you should see an optometrist. Normal eyesight doesn’t require such a large screen 8” from your face to be able to see it.
Ignorance speaking. Larger screen doesn’t necessarily make things bigger. Most users will keep it the same but add more content.

And frankly dude I am not an athletic person, but never once I’ve felt “oh I’m tired of holding such a heavy phone” with my iPhone 13 pro max

Reactions: MacLappy

bushman4

macrumors 601
Mar 22, 2011
thinner and lighter is a thing of the past as far as an iPhone is concerned
The jury has spoken and better Battery life and a better camera win out over thin and light
Maybe one day when graphene batteries become a reality

Reactions: decafjava

HYPOKON2000

macrumors member
Feb 20, 2013
Long Island, NY
The thickness and weight of these phones is insane. So what did Apple do? Made them thicker and heavier!

I used to think the picture below was a joke. Now I know it's just a leaked image of the iPhone 14 in its case.

View attachment 1834432
5 words it’s still a free country.

tomtad

macrumors 68020
Jun 7, 2015
The jury has spoken and better Battery life and a better camera win out over thin and light

So this is why they use stainless steel for the chassis then when lighter metals are available?

Sometimes you just have to call out bad design

Reactions: turbineseaplane

Danfango

macrumors 65816
Jan 4, 2022
London, UK
Yeah 100% this. My 13 Pro is fairly heavy compared to my old 12. But you know what? I'm fine with it. The thing lasts all day easily and the camera is pretty good.

The other option is a friend who has a 12 mini has to carry a power bank around with her all day which weighs combined much more than the 13 Pro.

And if 100g or so is really an issue, hit the gym and lose it somewhere else :)

Greenmeenie

macrumors 68020
Jan 14, 2013
I’m 6’4” tall & have huge hands, so even the iPhone Pro Max seems puny to me.

Attachments

• 557C2C47-3491-4EFB-90E1-1D08EA82F068.gif
    557C2C47-3491-4EFB-90E1-1D08EA82F068.gif
    1.1 MB · Views: 72

Devyn89

macrumors 6502a
Jul 21, 2012
So, now that people are getting their new 13s, I see a lot of complaints about the weight.

It's simple, folks: weight matters.

You want to carry a brick? Buy a brick.

You want a phone that you can carry around and hold comfortably? Skip the iPhone 13. ("And hey, let's not only make the phone heavier; let's give it square edges so that people holding it tightly feel some pain!" --T. Cook)

Steve Jobs would have picked this up once and then screamed for T. Cook to come to his office, where Jobs would have started slapping around Cook immediately, saying "WTF IS THIS?!?"
Jesus y’all need to leave Steve alone, he’s been dead for over 10 years. Stop invoking him like some sort of messiah. Who cares what he’d think? The world is so vastly different than it was in 2011. People are doing way more on their phones now. Also you didn’t know him, stop pretending you know what he’d want. You can have an opinion without falling back on him, assuming you know what he’d want in 2022.

Reactions: va1984 and usagora

mpavilion

macrumors 65816
Aug 4, 2014
SFV, CA, USA
Jesus y’all need to leave Steve alone, he’s been dead for over 10 years. Stop invoking him like some sort of messiah. Who cares what he’d think? The world is so vastly different than it was in 2011. People are doing way more on their phones now. Also you didn’t know him, stop pretending you know what he’d want. You can have an opinion without falling back on him, assuming you know what he’d want in 2022.
Eh, I think Apple brought this kind of thing on themselves, with the Cult of Steve they promoted for years.

halfmoonconure

macrumors newbie
Jan 16, 2022
When I removed my new iPhone 13 from it's box I was happy to see it had a little more weight to it , like a product that is well designed, and built to last, very happy I can have a great phone like this, life is good!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.